Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sambiasso

Wout Faes

8 minutes ago, Tanya said:

It is depressing to read people running the lad down and saying we deserve to be relegated so early in the season.

I am a little skeptical about the lad but he might be exactly what we need.

That's our fanbase for ya.

Same's happening with Ward and others, there's no standard that's good enough for these people despite so many players who have arrived from nowhere and smashed it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, iancognito said:

That's our fanbase for ya.

Same's happening with Ward and others, there's no standard that's good enough for these people despite so many players who have arrived from nowhere and smashed it.

With respect Ward is arguably the worst starting keeper in the league. I do like the Faes signing a lot however and can't really understand why people are not up for it.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

It really isn't pronounced Face, people. It's more like Farse. If you must make terrible puns and rhymes at least get them right. 

Wouldn't be any "r'' sound in there - more 'Faas' or 'Faaz'. My instinct was 'Faze' or 'Phase' but Flemish Dutch and Dutch are notoriously difficult to pronounce.   

5 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

With respect Ward is arguably the worst starting keeper in the league. I do like the Faes signing a lot however and can't really understand why people are not up for it.

I've been over and over this in the Ward/Iversen thread so I'm not going there again but there's no basis to say Ward can't hack it at this level after just four games. Far bigger names than him have dropped far worse clangers and he made 2 or 3 decent saves at the weekend.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, iancognito said:

I've been over and over this in the Ward/Iversen thread so I'm not going there again but there's no basis to say Ward can't hack it at this level after just four games. Far bigger names than him have dropped far worse clangers and he made 2 or 3 decent saves at the weekend.

Agree, time will tell whether or not he can hack it, I also think he's not had much help from those in front of him. Much like the rest of the team the first 4 has been pretty poor,  I'm hopeful Faes can come in and set a few straight on what they should be doing, looks to be quite the leader. 

8 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Wouldn't be any "r'' sound in there - more 'Faas' or 'Faaz'. My instinct was 'Faze' or 'Phase' but Flemish Dutch and Dutch are notoriously difficult to pronounce.   

Its Faas.  I worked for years with a a guy with this surname.

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1