Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY 2022

How many teams in the league have actively weakened their squad this window?

Glad we've got Faes in, he's going to be an improvement on Amartey & Verstergaard, but he's not going to be Fofana standard is he. 

Didn't even manage to replace Lookman ffs. 

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Let’s say it how it is. Rudders, The Recruitment Team and BR are all complicit to varying degrees.  

Out of interest, do you think Vichai would have let us get into this situation?

I think the answer is probably not, so I would add some responsibility to Top in your list.

7 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I think the answer is probably not, so I would add some responsibility to Top in your list.

Vichai didnt have to navigate a pandemic. I think there is some really hard realism baked into this window. We are skint.

Edited by Chelmofox

Whilst i'm glad that we aren't getting in some of the dross we've been linked with this is by far and away the worst transfer window we've ever had. Even the one where we signed Luigi Glombard was better than this. 

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Vichai didnt have to navigate a pandemic. I think there is some really hard realism bakes into this window. We are skint.

Been saying this for weeks and I think its only dawning on some people now how bad things really are. 

3 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Arsenal going after Douglas Luiz and Liverpool after Artur…I wonder how Youri must be feeling.

Hopefully it'll dawn on him that nobody thinks he's as good as him and his agent do. The fact that nobody wants him unless he's free tends to suggest he'd not even be a starter for a big club. The balls in his court, put more effort in. Big clubs aren't keen on a slow moving chubby hamster lookalike. 

11 minutes ago, Dames said:

Been saying this for weeks and I think its only dawning on some people now how bad things really are. 

If Fofana hadn't gone we would have bought no one.  I am convinced that took them by surprise. We've done the bare minimum to keep the squad functioning. 

Maybe we now sack Rodgers, maybe we get investment providing incomings in January ready to clear out the squad in June, maybe we have some amazing plan to integrate academy players. God knows. Even if we scrape through this season, how do we build for the future?

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

No.  But I think Top has been badly let down by Rudders and whoever is in charge of financial planning, plus chuck in the entire Recruitment Team as they have performed abysmally this last few windows.

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Vichai didnt have to navigate a pandemic. I think there is some really hard realism baked into this window. We are skint.

If it was just the pandemic, why are no other clubs struggling like we are? I think Vichai was almost certainly more careful than Top, much as I recognise the terrible sacrifice the family has made.

I don't like criticising Top, but being an outlier on wages didn't just happen overnight, the money side of the club should have been more careful.

1 hour ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Maybe top wasn’t ready to be in charge of a football club his father was running before the accident but had no choice but to take it on. He might have lots of different people in his ear telling him things and doesn’t know what to do where as vichai might have had more of a clue who to trust and not trust.

• Like 1

Just now, Vardinio'sCat said:

If it was just the pandemic, why are no other clubs struggling like we are? I think Vichai was almost certainly more careful than Top, much as I recognise the terrible sacrifice the family has made.

I don't like criticising Top, but being an outlier on wages didn't just happen overnight, the money side of the club should have been more careful.

He has people in charge of the business that he trusts to run that side of things, if they've dropped the ball it's on them not him. It's not like they're people he hired, he went with continuity.

You could possibly accuse him of not being brave and changing the structure (we've missed out on people like Dan Ashworth who could have made a real difference in our structure, especially with the training ground/stadium stuff) by sticking with Rudkin etc.

• Like 2