Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY 2022

7 minutes ago, damolcfc said:

It's bad though how there is a match being played tonight and it's deadline day.... not an issue for man u I guess but us, we could have 4 or 5 players ripped away before kick off just like that couldn't we??

No, just say no. 

063D06F9-098C-4EBD-8D81-E138AC49AE9D.jpeg

Edited by Babylon
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, damolcfc said:

It's bad though how there is a match being played tonight and it's deadline day.... not an issue for man u I guess but us, we could have 4 or 5 players ripped away before kick off just like that couldn't we??

Because this stuff does not happen in an instant, as much as Sky want to portray it as super dynamic, an ever changing situation, it’s bollocks.

There would have been discussions for any deal completed today days ago, no surprises (love that song)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The praise is heaped on "the owners" when things go well and when they don't it's other people's fault. Funny that.

Do you think Top scouted Vesty and Bertrand personally?  Is Top the reason our Recruitment do not have a scooby who to sign? 

40 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I think you have a very good point. Expecting Top to match his vastly experienced father is asking a lot. I expect club ownership can be a lonely business when things don't go well.

I have the utmost respect for the family but they are only human beings, and can and will make mistakes. This period is probably the toughest since the accident and I'm sure everyone at the club is hurting from it, despite some of the views on here.

A thoughtful and empathetic post.

Mods, aren't there rules about this kind of thing.

15 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm sure there is one more name to come out, probably made up, but there will be a name to get us all excited or appalled. Probably the latter. 

Doesn't look like anyone other than maybe Praet is going anywhere. So there isn't going to be another centre back coming in. 

A name will come out for right midfield. Redmond? Traore? Iwobi? lol

My money is on it being Gelson Martins. 

18 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The praise is heaped on "the owners" when things go well and when they don't it's other people's fault. Funny that.

Yeah pure guy was let down by his employ, sending prayers right now 

people are so afraid to call out owners and board, its not funny anymore, just sad 

Edited by tsintskaro

Just now, Phenom said:

The buck stops with Top, ultimately.

Its the whole board, collective responsibility in my eyes. 

Top has multiple businesses and interests to look after so he pays some people extremely well to handle the clubs affairs, something they've been doing poorly for a few years now. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Flip that round, do you think Top scouted Mahrez and Kante personally? He's either responsible for it all or not.

How can you ffs compare the scouting of yesteryear with the past 2/3 years? Come on there is flipping and there is flipping.  If you think Top is to blame, then that is your opinion which you are entitled to have. I am of the opinion he has been badly let down by ‘football’ people and duff decisions on contracts and signing deadwood. Best we leave it there rather than have a tennis match.

7 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

How can you ffs compare the scouting of yesteryear with the past 2/3 years? Come on there is flipping and there is flipping.  If you think Top is to blame, then that is your opinion which you are entitled to have. I am of the opinion he has been badly let down by ‘football’ people and duff decisions on contracts and signing deadwood. Best we leave it there rather than have a tennis match.

I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just pointing out the curiousity of when things are going great it's all down to "the owners" and when they're not, the blame falls on others.

34 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Flip that round, do you think Top scouted Mahrez and Kante personally? He's either responsible for it all or not.

Who the hell praised him for signing them? Nobody 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Plenty put all our success down to "the owners", like I say it's weird that they're absolved of any responsibility when things aren't so rosy and suddenly things are the responsibility of others. 

That would stand if people gave them and only them credit. Every credits players, managers, scouts, rudkin, whelen etc. in fact it was pretty well accepted that it was a massive team effort.

Of course there is a level of responsibility, but some of the shite written on here is ludicrous.

If you have a finely balanced plan around expansion on and off the pitch, and something entirely out of the blue comes along and loses you £50-£100m. It might actually be that much of it is nobody’s fault and juts circumstance. See also rushed in UEFA FFP.

If a manager starts to fail or recruitment starts to fail, it’s about acting on that. And I’m sure they will. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Astonishing, Southampton's business this window makes a mockery of the fees we pay for players.

Makes me wonder is this and all the Man City prospects they've signed the work of their new Head of Recruitment and not Glover who we've brought here?

• Like 1

Just now, lcfcsnow said:

Makes me wonder is this and all the Man City prospects they've signed the work of their new Head of Recruitment and not Glover who we've brought here?

Very little to do with Glover. Bella-Kotchap was though, whom is a beast and someone I was raving about 2 years ago.

• Like 1