Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY 2022

To have no other viable targets other than Boga for the wide positions is truly baffling. There have been so many players available at reasonable prices this summer that we’ve passed by because we’ve tied our hands behind our back. I’m glad we walked away because it wasn’t the right deal for us, but there must have been other wide players out there that we could have gone for? It’s going to be a long few months ahead 😩

Well that was thoroughly depressing. Record spending across the league, transfer records being broken by several clubs, and yet do virtually nothing. 

Faes sounds like he might be decent, but to end up being turned down on the last day by a winger is shocking. We clearly didn't have a plan for a right winger, even though it was clear Fofana was off at least a week before deadline day.

• Like 1

I understand the reasons from Top’s  programme column but the fact that we find ourselves in this position is just unbelievable. 

My one ray of hope coming away last night was that having seen that performance we would have at least one iron in the fire to push the boat out a little for a last minute attacking signing. 

Worrying that we are going with what we have. 

Edited by Livid

30 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Not denying that but surely someone who can play RW is floating about?

Short term contract with realistic wages shouldn’t be sniffed at.

If they were even half decent you would question why they haven’t been picked up by now, or we didn’t go to Man City/Liverpool/Man Utd/Chelsea for a youngster with potential for a cheap loan

5 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

If they were even half decent you would question why they haven’t been picked up by now, or we didn’t go to Man City/Liverpool/Man Utd/Chelsea for a youngster with potential for a cheap loan

Ross Barkley is probably the closest available on a free

2 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Not denying that but surely someone who can play RW is floating about?

Short term contract with realistic wages shouldn’t be sniffed at.

Januzaj had been floating around all summer until yesterday! 

3 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I had him in mind….what’s happened to him?

He’s what 28?

Short term contract can’t be much worse than the players Rodgers has publicly shamed?

Sevilla.... good enough for Monchi, not for us....

• Sad 1