Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY 2022

28 minutes ago, Tuna said:
Arsenal targeting Luiz, can't see them going in for Tielemans now.

If this happens his last option has gone up in smoke. Has no choice but to get his head down now.

Moved his family out of their home for nothing it seems.

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

It’s not 70m unless we sell anyone else today. But agree with your comment.  May be Top and Susan have lost faith in the Recruitment regime and are awaiting for Glover to come in and do a complete revamp? God does it need a revamp or what!!!  

Revamp? Stop the drug supply. How are we linked with a player that's lost his place to Lookman?

If that rumour is true everyone from Rudkin down needs sacking ffs.

• Like 1

Just now, Dames said:

If this happens his last option has gone up in smoke. Has no choice but to get his head down now.

Douglas Luiz is cover for partey 

but I doubt they buy both this window 

and in respect of his domestic arrangements, you really think he moved out of that house to help facilitate a transfer ?? 

I don’t understand what difference it makes 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Douglas Luiz is cover for partey 

but I doubt they buy both this window 

and in respect of his domestic arrangements, you really think he moved out of that house to help facilitate a transfer ?? 

I don’t understand what difference it makes 

Yeah because it meant he was ready to move. Now he's stuck in temp accommodation with an additional stress on his mind this season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

More like TS and Sky clickbait to get viewers and listeners in.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Yeah because it meant he was ready to move. Now he's stuck in temp accommodation with an additional stress on his mind this season.

the fella earns 70k per week

i doubt he’d be stressed over a six or twelve month tenancy he doesn’t need 

if he moved out and then got transferred within a week then it makes sense 

and villa are playing hardball on luiz moving 

Edited by st albans fox

Guest StevieLynex
42 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

I’d love it if the club just announced somebody complete out the blue, that we’d seen or heard nothing about. We are pretty good at keeping stuff quiet to be fair. 

Are you Kevin Keegan

12 minutes ago, Dames said:

I'm sure he can afford somewhere decent to live whether renting or buying. More to the point if I was him I'd be asking big questions of his agent. 

27 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

It’s not 70m unless we sell anyone else today. But agree with your comment.  May be Top and Susan have lost faith in the Recruitment regime and are awaiting for Glover to come in and do a complete revamp? God does it need a revamp or what!!!  

Good point - it could be that rather than (a) we're going bust or (b) Rodgers is getting the boot soon so we're waiting to spend under the next manager 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-transfer-news-douglas-luiz-b2157366.html

Mikel Arteta has only two fit central midfielders for the next few weeks after the injury to Mohamed Elneny, with the situation threatening to undermine what has been a perfect start to the season so far.

The manager said they are “looking at options in the market” after the 2-1 win over Aston Villa on Wednesday, but The Independent has been told that they already had a move for Leicester City’s Youri Tielemans rebuffed.

Whatever way you slice it this has been a disaster of a window for the club. Losing Fofana and Lookman from last years squad and replacing them with lesser replacements in Faes and Boga when it was clear from both inside and outside the club that a massive overhaul was needed. Added to that losing your #1 and not replacing him means that it's been a cock up of mammoth proportions from the money men. Rodgers has been hung out to dry a bit as the face of it taking all the crap, and the club is sleepwalking towards relegation. 

1 minute ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Whatever way you slice it this has been a disaster of a window for the club. Losing Fofana and Lookman from last years squad and replacing them with lesser replacements in Faes and Boga when it was clear from both inside and outside the club that a massive overhaul was needed. Added to that losing your #1 and not replacing him means that it's been a cock up of mammoth proportions from the money men. Rodgers has been hung out to dry a bit as the face of it taking all the crap, and the club is sleepwalking towards relegation. 

As much as I want Rodgers out, I feel for him that this transfer window they have tied his hands behind his back by losing 3 decent players. I'll keep my opinions open on Faes and Boga (if they sign) but I doubt either are an improvement on what we had given the circumstances.

Everyone keeps slagging off our recruitment. It was terrible last summer, no doubt. But I’m going to jump to Brendan’s defence slightly this year. He’s operating with one hand tied behind his back effectively. If he can’t spend the Fofanna money it is what it is. We’re just going to have to accept that and move on. As I have said numerous times before, this squad is not far away from the one that finished in the top 6 in consecutive seasons and won an FA Cup. If we can’t muster up the fight to finish at least mid table then we can hound BR. 

5 minutes ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

It's Rodgers and Congertons shite recruitment that has caused this. He's as much to blame as anyone. We still have  Vestergaard and Bertrand stinking the place out on massive wages plus Perez and Soumare who just aren't good enough and on massive wages. Hopefully we can get some loans in but spending money on more average/poor players and further clogging the wage bill would be a disaster. Start the rebuild next year when Rodgers is gone and Glover is here and we have a more healthier wage bill and squad size    

At the end of the day we're still hamstrung by not being able to move on some of the deadwood. You'd hope if Perez had left we'd have a new RW, one of Vesty/Soyuncu leaving and we'd another CB coming in and if Betrand left we may get cover for Ricardo at FB. As it stands out outgoings have balanced the books on wages but not freed up enough cash for the squad refresh we'd all hoped for. I've got some sympathy with Rogers on the situation but at the end of the day a lot of the deadwood was signed by him!!