Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Man Utd Match Thread

Devoid of confidence 

Most players scared to make the brave pass and when they do it’s so tentative they may as well not bother 

a good tactician like potter will be licking his lips watching this 

this is a time for brave calls from the coach bit he also looks bereft 

Johnny as the left CB is always in the wrong body position so cannot play quickly enough to Thomas 

I suspect we will see Thomas off and castagne on 

need to get barnes running at Dalot and JJ is good at inverting and dragging the oppo winger infield 

Just now, LVocey said:

It’s absolutely awful. No pace, no intensity. We look so leggy.

Maddison/Barnes the only ones who have tried anything positive.

Vardy’s absolutely finished on this evidence.

Disagree he is finished, he is as isolated now as he was in the bad old days of Puel, he is feeding off scraps and has hardly any support. 

Everything we do is so slow, passive out of possession and pedestrian in possession no wonder we concede with such ease and yet look so impotent going forward. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

Got to the point where I'd genuinely rather watch Dycheball than this.

Seriously though, if someone new can come in and get a tune out of the outcasts like Cags and Praet then it will make up for our shortcomings in the transfer window somewhat.

Fcuk.   Please not Dycheball ...

I have an idea why our forward play just breaks down so easy, we only have one winger on the pitch so he gets marked out the game easily, only one centre forward, again marked out the game easy, we dont break with pace and directness, so opposing team can get back into shape, now of course we dont have any other wingers, only players put there out of position, this position has been badly affected by the club buying a million centre backs trying to address bad defensive coaching.

Watching other teams who pass the ball around, they get their defensive players into forward positions so is always someone to pass to, we cant do that as defensively we shot, no confidence.  For that reason we need to play a different way but thats foreign to our current manager, hence our problems.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

I mean who would like the way we’re playing? We’re dreadful.

One person only, guess who ?What excuse will there be this time ?

Edited by itude

Soumare for me looked to have had a decent half and is wanting the ball in all areas of the pitch.

Maddison trying but has nothing in front of him as Vardy anonymous again.

Thomas was way out of position and only he knows what he was doing, he has a lot to still learn for me I’m still unsure if he will make it here, taking my blue tinted specs off.

one thing I have noticed more and more is how unfit we look as a squad we had players jogging back at 20 mins, the application and desire of the whole squad looks wanting and devoid of any ideas.

hopefully they get a rocket at half time to give them a push as Man U look nothing special and pounced when Thomas went walk about, which at this level gets punished as shown.

Im struggling for many positives and have to go 2 up top to try and rescue anything from the match  

Edited by steflcfc

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

For me, this isn’t only about who is in the team, who isn’t etc. It looks much deeper than that. It’s like some sort of rot has set in which is making us believe we can’t win games.

As soon as they scored, our heads instantly went down again.

The atmos is non existent, none of the Board look to be present.

Something very wrong with the club. 

Bingo. Schmeichel leaving without a farewell summed it up. 

• Like 1

I hate saying this because it would mean back to the radio next season. But I think we might need to go down to sort this shit out. 

14/15 was a worse quality side but the mentality was so much better than this lot. Too much money, not enough fight. 

9 minutes ago, ISJB said:

Think you'd have to blame Thomas if anyone, nowhere to been seen. Honestly don't know why he plays, he offers absolutely nothing.

Rio just called it I think. Thomas operating to instruction high up the pitch, Evans unsure whether to stick or tackle. Soumare lost, so jogging back. 

• Like 1