Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

0-1 nobody else wanna start the post match thread v Manure ?

Not sure I have ever seen a side lack such urgency when losing one nil. What was going on out there. No subs and he vanished off the touchline for about 15 minutes when he was needed the most. 

Bizarre selections as usual. Castagne dropped and Thomas in was madness. Thomas looked miles off it. 

Tielemans looks ****ing hopless too. 

God knows where the goals are going to come from. 

5 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Not sure what game alot of people were watching. Yes we were poor in the final third but we showed some fight and definitely played against a team that can bring Ronaldo and 70 million casimiro off the bench. Much more promising than previous games. 

We didn't have a shot on target in open play. We created absolutely nothing against a pretty average side. What is promising about that? Didnt see much fight. We didn't look interested to me.

Man Utd didn’t have to be that good to beat us tonight..

we were distinctly average with passes for the sake of passes..

for their goal, a few passes earlier we had the chance for a risk/reward pass into Barnes on the left which could have put him in down the line and in Man Utd half… we took the easy/safe option and ended up a couple of passes later back at Ward, who ironically cleared a hopeful ball in Barnes direction.. within 3 passes, the ball was in our net..

we are way too safe in our play and are getting exactly what we deserve..

it’s going to be a long long season

I’m surprised there’s anybody defending that. Really goes to show how low standards have fallen.

No urgency, no creativity, no ambition. Once they scored we looked like we settled for a 1-0 defeat. 

United were very mediocre today but I’m not sure they got out of 1st gear. That it took 93 minutes for us to have a shot in their penalty area tells you everything you need to know.

Thought we looked OK up until they scored but it went downhill fast after that. I was under the impression that sacking Rodgers and getting any half decent manager in would be enough with these players to fend off relegation but I'm no longer so sure after watching that. When we eventually get a new manager they're going to have to contend with the gaping hole on the right wing (which neuters 442 433 and 4231) and the chronic lack of pace up top as well as the teams ridiculous bottling ability. It's really not looking good.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

United didn't get out of 1st gear all game. Had they not been so wasteful and even dared show a little attacking intent, they could have had another 2 or 3 in that second half.

Bullshit. United were terrible second half and we played well up to the last third but we were totally blunt going forward. Its time to call out the obvious - Jamie is done and needs dropped and if Rodgers remains manager he needs to rethink the forward options.

Nothing positive from that tonight. Worst display of the five games so far. One of the poorest Man United sides I can remember but they only needed one chance. What Thomas was doing so far up the pitch I’ve no idea, shape of the defence was all over the place as a result. No pressing, tempo, imagination, aggression.

We may not have been able to bring anyone in, but this group are better than this. Soumare did well tonight but that’s about it. Rodgers has done well for us, but his time is up. Listening to his comments after the game, I don’t know why any of them would be motivated to play under a coach who questions their ability so publicly. He’s achieved great things with us, but it clearly isn’t working any longer

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Not sure what game alot of people were watching. Yes we were poor in the final third but we showed some fight and definitely played against a team that can bring Ronaldo and 70 million casimiro off the bench. Much more promising than previous games. 

Put the straws down mate, we were ****ing beige. 

• Like 1

To not even get the likes of Albrighton & Daka on (earlier) just to get some crosses in the box & gamble is absolutely criminal.

He can’t complain about signings, all his recruits are sitting on the bench! 

I think he’s trying his upmost to get sacked, and do you blame him? Something like a £23M windfall.

How many of you would walk away from that? 

6 hours ago, TonyN11 said:

I was out to dinner tonight for my son's birthday so only saw the first 6 mins....

but I thought we looked ok.

Surely (Shirley) we still have a top 7 side?

Are you on drugs 

7 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

What game where you watching 🤣🤣 it was a dismal performance no energy every Leicester player was 3 yards off a Man Utd player off the ball! with the ball 2~3 players tried! Barnes is absolute garbage Justin is not good enough ward is no number 1 we are in huge trouble and if the manager stays and continues with this football we will be relegated by Christmas 

Edited by Thebluefox85
  • Like 1

You know things have gotten really really bad when some of our fans thought that was an ok performance with some positives to take. What positives?! We didn’t create a single chance the entire game. That Man U side is average at best and they could run back up the M1 because they didn’t have to do any running in the game. They literally beat us in second gear. Don’t tell me it’s Man U and they’re a top 6 club blah blah. I don’t want to hear it. We’ve been beating, sometimes smashing top 6 clubs ever since we beat Man U 5-3 in our first season back in the PL following promotion. 

The squad probably has gone stale and beyond the first 11-13 players it probably isn’t good enough to compete above midtable but my god it is more than capable of better displays than that. It is more than good enough to get more than 1 point in 5 games. It is more than good enough to have kept at least 1 clean sheet in 5 games. It is good enough to finish higher than 18th. We should not be in any relegation fight this season. If we are it is all down to Brendan. He claims to be a motivator but all he does is put the players down and he’s now starting to slag off the club to. It’s time he packs up his shit and gets his annoying, 5ft nothing frame out of my club. 

Edited by Jakemoore
  • Like 3

I could just say 'that was shit' - but I'm not going to. I said in the match thread that I thought we were doing ok considering, and that's how I saw it.

I decided pre-match to drop my previous expectations. To watch from scratch if you like. I thought what I saw was an attempt to work with the situation we are in. ManU have class all over the pitch. We don't. We have pockets of it; in Barnes, Maddison and Tielemens - and Evans in his way, a real pro. We have hard working players, players with energy and enthusiasm - I'd stick KDH, JJ and Thomas in that category.

Last night, I'm guessing Amartey was injured late on. Ndidi dropping into CB was praps a last minute drafting. We noticed his absence in the central defensive midfield - there was acres of space at times there. I thought Soumare had one of his better games for us. He's not Ndidi but played the role I think he was bought in for - carrying the ball through the midfield area.

Man-for-man, ManU out gunned us. That they didn't score a hatful was down to them not clicking up front. Ward didn't actually have a great deal to do - and Evans defended well. Elanga's pace caused problems but Thomas coped well enough, for the most part. I thought we had bigger problems down the other flank where Sancho often had tons of room, as JJ came more central and ManU switched play. 

I think we ought be praised for our approach to the game. It was positive and attack minded. Indeed, our pressing created problems in that it left gaps in front of the defence. Again, we missed Ndidi's presence there. A better side than ManU would have exploited that more.

I saw last night as a new work-in-progress. Because we haven't been able to freshen things up with signings, we've looked to change it up somehow with what we have. I kinda liked what I saw even though there were evident flaws. I know I possibly can't get more sacreligious (by NOT slagging Rodgers) but I think if there's an issue to address it's up front - I think we maybe need to consider (the unthinkable?) and what we're doing with Vardy. 

I don't think Rodgers has got long to show signs of turning it around, of getting results, but I personally am sticking to my decision to re-evaluate over the next x games. I was of the 'out' persuasion but he gets a reprieve because the non summer refresh has probably put his planning back to square one. 

Edited by taupe
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

The whole outfield with a few exceptions are playing shite and you blame the keeper. 😂

I didn't blame the result on Ward, nor did I let others off the hook. I just said he's poor at kicking, although I'm happy to confirm that I think he's probably the worst starting keeper in the Prem this season