Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

0-1 nobody else wanna start the post match thread v Manure ?

9 minutes ago, sdb said:

I didn't blame the result on Ward, nor did I let others off the hook. I just said he's poor at kicking, although I'm happy to confirm that I think he's probably the worst starting keeper in the Prem this season

To be fair, I think with an exception or two, our players have been the worst performers in each of their respective positions in the league all season. 

• Like 1

Wards kicking may not seem such a big deal but it means the opposition can press if they want without worrying about our spare full back being picked out 

yanited pressed our back four (in a less than convincing way because they’re yanited) more than others have - it could be that opposition coaches have spotted this.  Brighton will make hay on Sunday if we try and play out from the back. We’ve been kicking long far more than we did with kasper - is iverson any good with his 30 yard passing ??

• Like 1

A long long time ago, well it feels like it, through injury Vardy and Nacho played alongside each other starting matches together, i seem to remember they were the highest scoring partnership in the Premiership.

Then Rodgers decided that was a bad idea and statred playing that little lad we bought from Newcastle, does so little i can`t even remember his name ? perez ?

Then with obvious plans for the future bought an excellent chase the ball Championship striker, Daka, totally out of his depth.

Game after game ignored the "official best strike partnership in the Premiership" and played the forgotten ones, and we all wonder why we don`t score any goals.

I believe we still have the "best strike partnership" but clearly the Manager , who desperately needs goals does not..

Footballs simple really stick with what works, clearly our clever manager has other ideas, time for him to go.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
34 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Oòooo! Just realised a couple of positives. 

We only lost by one goal and didn't concede from a corner.

Progress. :scarf:

Tbh we only lost by one goal because Utd just stepped off the gas. That surprised me. I thought they’d keep coming at us and go for the jugular but what was clear was that they were happy just to win.

It was based on them believing in their defense and that we just wouldn’t score any. 

32 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Tbh we only lost by one goal because Utd just stepped off the gas. That surprised me. I thought they’d keep coming at us and go for the jugular but what was clear was that they were happy just to win.

It was based on them believing in their defense and that we just wouldn’t score any. 

Agreed, they never had to get out of 2nd gear, it was almost Mourinho-esque, something i thought was the polar opposite to Ten hag's philosophy.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I disagree. They didn’t go onto slaughter us because either they thought they couldn’t stop us scoring and/or their manager instructed them not to, for  the same reason.

It was such a boring match. What had happened to the Red Devils ethos? The legendary all out attack and flair? They were instructed to get ahead and contain us. Second gear nonsense- so their manager told them to hold back and not hammer us 9-0 , but instead risk us fluking an equaliser for the rest of the game. 
Just another modern, well drilled team who had done their homework on us and stuck to their tasks. 

Rodgers out. 

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Agreed, they never had to get out of 2nd gear, it was almost Mourinho-esque, something i thought was the polar opposite to Ten hag's philosophy.

Sorry Ronnie, disagree as per my reply to Col.

They put all their effort into holding us , not that difficult I know. 
In a way, you’ve answered your own observation about mardeh mourinho- TH had decided before the game he couldn’t  go hung ho against us, and managed the game to get ahead and then stifle us. 

2 organised sides to the point of boring  , with them having the better quality players . 
BR out. 

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

...I was thinking at the time that he has the same mentality as Rodgers, looking after the bird in hand!!!

He went defensive against a team that had no shots on target from open play and who they were overrunning. With Jadon Sancho in his second season, and for the amount he came for, our problems are dwarfed in comparison. A change of manager will change our whole team and makes us competitive again, he looks like he is going to be struggling for some time.

Didn’t think James Justin looked comfortable at all. Seems to have been told to play forward, but seem to lack the stamina to get get back into position on several occasions, and made a half hearted attempt before pulling up, or just seemed to stand around watching.

Didn’t think Evans and Ndidi did badly in central defence. Ndidi actually seemed to play a bit like Fofana, in that he was prepared to bring the ball out of defence himself (unsurprisingly as a player who usually plays CDM) but perhaps a bit more solid in the air.

Best I’ve seen from Soumare.

The rest all seemed a bit off, and the overall play much too slow.