Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

0-1 nobody else wanna start the post match thread v Manure ?

On the way back from the game, didn’t realise we were playing prime 90’s man United… we looked absolutely petrified of them and yet they’ve had had to do nothing to win that game.

We are so reliant on either youri or Maddison to pick out a forward pass it’s unreal, there is very little pattern to our play and the amount of times players have space in front of them to carry the ball into but choose to turn back and play it safe is scary, it’s actually sad to watch.

This is not a criticism because obviously the guy is a hero and always will be, but it’s pretty clear we shouldn’t still be relying so heavily on vardy for goals… I think it’s optimistic that he’ll even hit double figures this season, but I don’t remember once getting out of my seat (until Justin at the very end) because I thought we were about to create a chance/maybe score. I really miss the days where we used to take games to teams, especially the top 6.

on a slight positive I actually thought soumare was half decent, at least on occasion he put a few challenges in with some commitment and Evans was pretty solid. Other than that it’s all a bit of a shame right now!

• Like 1

Clueless by BT. Humphrey makes the very valid point that of the starting XI, the average time that they'd been at the club for five years. Well why is that? Maybe because the recruitment under him has been garbage and so we're relying on players bought before his time. Yet of course they wheel out the "he's not been backed" angle. 

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, sdb said:

Evans looked close to the edge with his teammates at times tonight. Like he's playing with kids.

Yes that’s what I thought. His anger was palpable. I thought he played well tonight and made a big difference in keeping the score down.

And we have to be thankful I think that Wilf got brought in at CB. 
I imagine the partnership moving forward will be the new fella alongside Evans 

23 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Get him out now. We are worse than when Puel was here. Make no mistake about it

Much worse . Puel’s unfortunate personal style made our turgid performances seem that much worse but he is a better manager than Rodgers given the respective circumstances 

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Our new signing Wout must be checking his contract to see if there’s a 24 hour release clause. 

Brendan is out of ideas and the players although they are trying are not believing in his message and the style of play.

The players are good let’s be honest they won the Cup 16 months ago and they don’t deteriorate like this. Something is seriously wrong and it has to be Brendan. He’s in a trance and has practically blamed the club for the issues we face.

Surely there should be a cooling off period

23 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Soumare - Showing Improvement. Good game

Ndidi - Not a CB. Woefully out of position at times

Soyuncu - How must he be feeling

Evan - Rock. Tremendous

KDH - Worked hard but passing could be better

Ward - Nothing to do other than that one goal which was not his fault

Barnes - Ineffective

Maddison - Decent but a couple of misplaced passes

Tielemans - Decent but too careless at times

Vardy - Geeze he needs support. Lone striker does not work anymore

Nachos - Lively. Should have started

Daka - Nice touch for Justin

Thomas - Solid. Good choice to start him over Castagne

Justin - Ok defensively but wasteful going forward. Missed golden chance

Rodgers - Baffling decision to use Ndidi as CB and continuing questionable use of lone striker system. Wastes Nachos’ talent on the bench. Good decision to start Soumare and Thomas though. Running out of ideas to attack. He really needs to give up his stubborn mindset with lone striker.

Just about agree with this but wouldve played Castange over Thomas

27 minutes ago, Bilsthorpe Blue said:

Worrying thing there is no team spirit whatsoever

I disagree on the team spirit. I think they're a right nit unit and playing exactly how BR is asking them too. They're all struggling together, when unleased by the next manager you'll see it all again. They are like a caged animal. 

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, John rayner said:

Brendan imo has every right to blame the board ,he wanted a refresh of the squad but has not been backed by the board ,I think BR will walk ,away ,

Why does he need to refresh a squad that he put together with significant investment in players last summer and in January. Brendan wants a rehash

Guest Col city fan

Rodgers really has got the media licking his arse hasn’t he. All the talk of ‘Leicester will only stay up if they keep hold of Rodgers’ and ‘we’re lucky to have him’?

Have you not watched us over the last year then?

2 minutes ago, John rayner said:

Brendan imo has every right to blame the board ,he wanted a refresh of the squad but has not been backed by the board ,I think BR will walk ,away ,

It's half true. Look at what happened last summer when he was backed more than any Leicester manager ever has been. It's those mistakes that have led to this situation.

That said, they should have given him more than they have. No winger. Again. Unforgivable.