Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

0-1 nobody else wanna start the post match thread v Manure ?

Guest Col city fan

We must have been watching a different game. Soumare was utter turd first half imo. Improved second half. But what does he do really? What’s his actual role in the team?

I find him a very very ineffectual player.

5 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Genuine question. Is Evans a good captain? For me, it's a no. Didn't see any real encouragement or leadership there this evening or during any game so far. Happy to be proved wrong. 

He’s the only one that looked like he didn’t shit himself. So on that basis I’d say yes to showing leadership.

5 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Parker was sacked for saying basically the same thing 

With the greatest respect, Brendan, why would you expect help given that your (and your mates) signings have put us into this position? You are experienced enough to understand that without the need to look elsewhere for scapegoats. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clarkey123 said:

He’s the only one that looked like he didn’t shit himself. So on that basis I’d say yes to showing leadership.

That's the least I'd expect from any player though it's not happening I agree. But is that still leadership in being competent alone? Thanks for the reply by the way. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

6 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Much worse . Puel’s unfortunate personal style made our turgid performances seem that much worse but he is a better manager than Rodgers given the respective circumstances 

he's a much better manager than Rogers. His only fault was that his english was poor and he had a quiet personnality.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

I don’t think we were all that bad tonight. Build up play seemed better, until we got to the final third. Soumare our MOTM. KDH & JJ terrible. 

I thought KDH was quite good for much of the game. Agree that we didn't play too bad. Also agree that JJ had one of his worst games.

Kelechi needs to start. 

11 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

There are plenty of unadventurous uninspiring managers that could set the team up as hard to beat, an defensively sound Dyche, Hodgson, Allardyce. The whole team has more confidence when they know one goal will win the game, it isn't pretty, but it isn't pretty now anyway, we are in a dog fight, an even an interim manager from within the club would get a 3-5 game bounce to change momentum.

Maybe you're right, I just don't think we have the personnel to play like one of those managers would want to set us up. And I don't think those above Rodgers should get such a free pass on the role they've had to play in the mess we're in. 

3 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Everyone was shite except evans and Soumare. I thought Soumare had a good game, strong, tackled, didn’t lose the ball.  Shame he’s passing to a bunch of idiots

Give Ndidi a shout too. He was ok. 

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

he's a much better manager than Rogers. His only fault was that his english was poor and he had a quiet personnality.

Only fault?! He tried the same shite brand of footy we're seeing under Rodgers, and he also froze out the faces in our squad who were key for squad cohesion.

The man ended Andy King's career with us without even giving him so much as a one-to-one to explain why. That alone is enough to make him an enemy of the club for me - even if he wasn't in his plans, he deserved more respect after 13 years and going through everything with us.

He tried to replace Vardy with Demarai Gray for Christ's sake. He was poison.

Agree Soumare and Evans were well up for it. Ndidi did a good job too. KDH, Tielemans and Maddison’s passing was woeful. Maddison especially looked disinterested when I felt the fans were still trying to get behind the team dispite the poor quality in front of us. Vardy needs dropping, he really struggles to link up play, no runs in behind and no shots even, he has literally done nothing all season.

The players lack of fight and urgency during the game even after 60 or so mins possibly told me they don’t wanna play for BR anymore. Such a flat display against a average Man U team.

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We must have been watching a different game. Soumare was utter turd first half imo. Improved second half. But what does he do really? What’s his actual role in the team?

I find him a very very ineffectual player.

He’s a water carrier, as in doesn’t do a lot.