Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

0-1 nobody else wanna start the post match thread v Manure ?

23 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Maybe you're right, I just don't think we have the personnel to play like one of those managers would want to set us up. And I don't think those above Rodgers should get such a free pass on the role they've had to play in the mess we're in. 

It's just a case of rotating a few of the midfielders according to who the opposition is, an getting the full backs to be a little less adventurous and more defensively sound, Justin has some aggressive tendancies, as does Dewsbury hall, a midfield of KDH Ndidi and Choudhury would achieve that with Maddison as a 10 and Nacho Vardy or Nacho Daka up top. One of the Full backs supporting the three more attacking players giving us a 6-4 defence/attacking players. 7-3 if needed.

Edited by Beachyboy

I’m not on the disgrace train really. I thought the players did try. They did some bad, some shit. The reality is they are bereft of confidence as they have a manager effectively telling them they are not good enough who has worked himself in personal situations where he won’t pick players 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Kings career was over long before Puel arrived. He should have been let go sooner.

Puel was asked to rebuild the squad and signed some good players. Gray playing in the centre was no more than an experiment.

I still say he was better than Rogers.

It's not a matter of his time with us being at an end. We all knew that. It was the manner in which the man went about it - he came in to divide and conquer, and with a very clear plan to clear out the title winning squad. You simply don't treat someone so respected in the wider camp with what I can only describe as contempt. The guy's clearly well-respected by his peers, as shown by his player-coach role under Pearson at Bristol City now. He's on record as saying that Puel never once spoke to him about his future or intention to move on from him. That's just awful man-management, language barrier or not, the same sort of arrogance and petulance we seem to have from Rodgers now.

That we've still been relying on those remaining players - messrs. Schmeichel, Vardy, Albrighton, even Morgan - long into Brendan's reign to get us out the shit - says a lot about the complete failure of anyone since the Pearson era to properly plan for transition in our squad.

28 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

he's a much better manager than Rogers. His only fault was that his english was poor and he had a quiet personnality.

That’s not his only fault. He was doing the exact same as Rodgers in feeding players not so honest opinions and creating issues which dis-settle the morale 

• Like 1

Guest MarshallForEngland

Did anyone else look forward to Tuesday and Wednesday this week more than today? Obviously I’ll always be more interested in Leicester because it’s Leicester, but objectively the rest of the league is much more entertaining. We are more or less guaranteed to be boring. We don’t lose like Leeds did when they first came up, playing a very aggressive and attacking style but being open at the back. We lose by doing nothing. We don’t have an identity. Does anyone have any idea what it is we are trying to do in a game?

I always think good teams have a way of playing that you could recognise even if you couldn’t identify any of the players. The patterns of play, the tempo, the types of runs and passes made etc - if a bunch of anonymous silhouettes were playing in the style of virtually any other club in the league, before long you’d know who it was. But I can’t work out what our way of playing is. There doesn’t appear to be any actual objective or discernible plan. You almost can’t even say we’re failing, because there is nothing to fail. Are we a possession team? Counter attacking? Thru-balls in the channels? Ball out wide, ping crosses in the box? High press? Set pieces? Are we physical and aggressive, fast and skilfulI, fit and athletic? What are we actually trying to do?

Man U were nothing special, save for a couple of quick passing moves which were impressive. Yet we made it ridiculously easy for them. Our risk-free attacking, slow passing, lack of creativity, predictability and calamitous defending make it easy for every opposition team. It has to change. The buck stops at Rodgers. He has to go.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

It's not a matter of his time with us being at an end. We all knew that. It was the manner in which the man went about it - he came in to divide and conquer, and with a very clear plan to clear out the title winning squad. You simply don't treat someone so respected in the wider camp with what I can only describe as contempt. The guy's clearly well-respected by his peers, as shown by his player-coach role under Pearson at Bristol City now. He's on record as saying that Puel never once spoke to him about his future or intention to move on from him. That's just awful man-management, language barrier or not, the same sort of arrogance and petulance we seem to have from Rodgers now.

That we've still been relying on those remaining players - messrs. Schmeichel, Vardy, Albrighton, even Morgan - long into Brendan's reign to get us out the shit - says a lot about the complete failure of anyone since the Pearson era to properly plan for transition in our squad.

And Amartey.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’m not on the disgrace train really. I thought the players did try. They did some bad, some shit. The reality is they are bereft of confidence as they have a manager effectively telling them they are not good enough who has worked himself in personal situations where he won’t pick players 

And they get no help from the side. 75 minutes before a change when nothing bar two long range shots is occurring.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

It's just a case of rotating a few of the midfielders according to who the opposition is, an getting the full backs to be a little less adventurous and more defensively sound, Justin has some aggressive tendancies, as does Dewsbury hall, a midfield of KDH Ndidi and Choudhury would achieve that with Maddison as a 10 and Nacho Vardy or Nacho Daka up top. One of the Full backs supporting the three more attacking players giving us a 6-4 defence/attacking players. 7-3 if needed.

There's just no width in that side at all and if you take Barnes out of the side there's no pace. I honestly am struggling to come up with a formation for this team that works which goes back to the original point about how unbalanced it is. I know people don't like 3 at the back and we don't really have the defenders to do it but that's the only option I see at the minute. I'd give Barnes a free role behind the striker cus I actually think he's more effective there than on the wing 

This match reminded me of a 0-1 home defeat to Sheffield United under Gary Megson. Hardly a chance created all game, the opposition were average at best buy still better than us, and hardly had to raise a finger to win the match. Any half decent team would have beat United tonight, but we displayed mainly shocking football with no invention, excitement or cohesion. Terrible football, and after his comments tonight and some of the players body language he's surely got to go before it's too late.

Ward is a big issue this season also. Was the cause for the goal with the poor kick out when the simple short pass to Ndidi was on.

Also he is below average at one on ones and shot stopping. He made it so easy for Sancho tonight and it's no wonder we have conceded so many long shots already this season...