Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

FFP

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

The fines aren’t so terrible when compared to the income driven by qualification 

if you’re going to be fined a few million quid suspended with only half a million payable now for breaking ffp to get into the CL or EL then I’m not sure it’s much of a deterrent!

Which makes people question the true reasons behind the lack of spending.

19 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

At least that puts some of the conspiracies to bed.

I feel like there's an element of PR saving in this too. We've sort of become known for being a bit more 'moral' (if that's the right word), so being lumped in with the likes of serial offenders like Man City doesn't look great for us.

Don't think anyone cares if we look great or not. Certainly, Man city doesn't give a fack so why should we?

1 minute ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Don't think anyone cares if we look great or not. Certainly, Man city doesn't give a fack so why should we?

I get the impression Top and the club care. It's almost become part of our identity. We do things 'right'. We were the only dissenters on a couple of unpopular votes with the rest of the league, there was no reason for us to do that but it looked good outwardly.

• Like 1

Were we really at risk from getting in a keeper and Josh Bowler?

whilst I don’t blame Rodger’s for Vestegaard and Bertrand  signings as most do, somebody should have said NO at that point. 

who are the players that tipped us over the edge? Praet, Mendy, Soumare, Vestegaard, Bertrand, Amartey?

some of those players could have gone for a lesser fee, what confuses me is wasn’t there anyway of getting those wages off the books, getting new players in and still adhering to ffp guidelines.

Edited by splinterdream

We must have done a future cashflow to see this coming down the road and known the repercussions of our financial position long before the start of the season. 

Backroom team have kept the cards close to their chest, gave smoke and mirrors messages within our own club (to the coaching team) in the hope that some of these squad players would exit and save their blushes. I can understand externally to protect any player bids.

Just hope we weather the storm, lots of exits will automatically happen next season and then a total rebuild can begin.

• Like 1

FFP ? bollyhocks according to this guy

https://www.thesportsbank.net/football/brendan-rodgers-leicester/

Don’t be surprised if Rodgers is no longer in charge at the King Power next week. AFC Bournemouth sacked Scott Parker, just four games in, after the now former Cherries manager called out his club for not backing him in the window. Leicester are currently dead last in the standings, by a clear two points, as they have lost four and drawn one this season. They join Wolves and Everton as the only Premier League clubs not to have registered a win this season.

The Foxes are much weaker now, and just six years after winning the league, and only two years removed from challenging for the top four on Championship Sunday, they currently resemble relegation fodder. When you’re standing still, in reality you’re falling behind. But that’s how you would describe a club that made no major changes (like Tottenham’s summer transfer window from a couple years ago). That’s not Leicester.

They are not even that. They’re a club that is selling off, and in the process kind of giving up.

Youri Tielemans was linked with a move away to several clubs, including one that Rodgers previously managed in Liverpool.

He, along with James Maddison, should be leaving in the next transfer window or two. Brendan Rodgers says he is happy that deadline day has come and gone.

“It has been a huge distraction,” the Northern Irishman continued.

“It is destabilizing for the group and the mentality, but these are a good bunch of guys. Once we get the win, confidence will grow and they will be fine. We just have to get the win, but if we show spirit and attitude I am sure it will come quickly.”

So what is really going on with Leicester now? Well club Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha wrote a letter to the fans in the match program for yesterday’s loss to United, where he claimed Leicester’s financial position is “entirely secure and underpinned by my personal commitment.”

Yeah, not really sure we believe that.

Srivaddhanaprabha also explained the almost non-existent transfer spending was required, in order to ensure “compliance with the game’s sustainability regulations.”

leicester city king power stadium

Talk about majorly meaningless corporatespeak and business platitudes there.

Paul M. Banks is the owner/manager of The Bank (TheSportsBank.Net) and author of “Transatlantic Passage: How the English Premier League Redefined Soccer in America,” as well as “No, I Can’t Get You Free Tickets: Lessons Learned From a Life in the Sports Media Industry.”

He has regularly appeared in WGNSports Illustrated and the Chicago Tribune, and he co-hosts the After Extra Time podcast, part of Edge of the Crowd NetworkFollow him and the website on Twitter and Instagram.

I understand why FFP is there, and it actually has a decent general principle underpinning it. Sadly I feel that in practice it just endorses and perpetuates the status quo. Clubs have to do a Newcastle to find breathing space. Is that the environment that FFP intends to foster?