Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Falling out of love with football.

4 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Perhaps a controversial opinion, but I think the game now is better than where it was even ten years ago. I think the problem is that we've all gotten older lol

The quality on the pitch, yes but as fan it's getting worse. VAR is wank, atmospheres are generally worse and (some) clubs treat their fans awfully.

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Stadt said:

The quality on the pitch, yes but as fan it's getting worse. VAR is wank, atmospheres are generally worse and (some) clubs treat their fans awfully.

I detest VAR personally.

Im enjoying the Championship far more than the Premiership tbh. It’s more raw, less full of prima donnas on a zillion pounds an hour and we are playing well again so far.

Much more enjoyable this season imo.

Interesting to see different views on this. I admit I'm not so interested in PL games now that we're not there, but I suspect I'll end up watching MotD again at some point. Our games seem much more interesting this season, and it's not just because we're winning more. The posters who say it's far more enjoyable watching non-league football may have a point; I may try that out.  I have noticed that for many years I hate watching international football outside the big tournaments, yet am totally obsessed with the WC or EC. I suppose the truth is that it's me that's fickle not the game. I still feel the game is rotting from the top down.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I detest VAR personally.

Im enjoying the Championship far more than the Premiership tbh. It’s more raw, less full of prima donnas on a zillion pounds an hour and we are playing well again so far.

Much more raw? Defo missed that, it’s 6-3-1 opposition with zero plan b, poor fitness and strikers who can’t finish. Championship players also earn a helluva lot of cash and know how to dive. I was told this league would be some kind of physical marathon test of mental character and ability. It’s not at all, it’s just crappy teams with one dimensional managers. We didn’t have a pre season and haven’t even played well yet and won 5/6.
It’s more enjoyable because we dominate the ball and win matches against poor quality teams 

2 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Perhaps a controversial opinion, but I think the game now is better than where it was even ten years ago. I think the problem is that we've all gotten older lol

That’s spot on. Some people blame the world for changing when they are ones who have changed.

Football is a far higher standard now than it was 30 years ago.

The reason var won’t go away is the Geoff Hurst winning goal in the 1966 World Cup goal…..it was never a goal, and FIFA need to ensure the biggest tournaments in the world get the biggest decisions right….Frank Lampard against Germany…they can’t afford to get it wrong….I totally accept they still do get it wrong, but their rationale is they have to be seen to try….Var or Jon Moss…..?

53 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I detest VAR personally.

Every game is competitive and always a chance to win or at least play well .

Interesting thread. I prefer watching football more now than I did 20 years ago. It's easier on the eye and skill levels are generally higher. It's also a lot safer for fans to attend and more accessible for those who aren't white men. 

Supporting Leicester has nothing to do with my love for the game. Someone else said it, but I'll always love the club and follow however I can, however old I am and wherever I am. Football as a game? More indifferent. 

VAR killed football for me, celebrating a goal just didn’t feel the same anymore because you knew it would be checked and possibly disallowed. 

Like every fan I was gutted when we came down but am really enjoying the championship, end to end football and it being so unpredictable on the final result. I want Leicester to go on to win the league but the thought of the return to the premiership just takes the shine off it, I know it sounds mad because if we’re not going to go up what’s the point. 

• Like 1

Football is about entertainment and no one likes losing but I'll always prefer to see us compete against the best. As much as I'm enjoying it this season, some of the standard of football from opposition teams has been shocking to be kind. It's something that I do miss is the competitiveness of the PL - feel like a win in the prem is ten times more satisfying.