Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brighton (A) Match Thread

Just now, Finnegan said:

I feel that you're being deliberately obtuse here to be honest Stan. 

Obviously Madders gives the ball away but it's always possible you get turned over in the middle of the pitch, it's not like he gave the ball away in our own area or at its edge. He took a chance trying to play Tielemans in and it didn't come off. 

He should have had the security of a holding midfielder to mop up if they countered and we didn't. 

The tragic part is that Rodgers will quite possibly use this as an excuse to load up a more defensive formation next time when, to be honest, there's noting wrong with this shape it just needs round pegs in round holes. 

Ndidi isn't a CB and Soumaré isn't a DMC. Watch that goal back again and you'll see Soumaré is the most advanced midfielder and he slowly jogs back. I quite like Bouba, thought he was OK against United but we've got to play to his strengths and he's definitely not a holding midfielder. 

Not obtuse at all.

Maddison surrounded by 3 Brighton players, plays a poor pass. I get Soumare could track back quicker - no denying that. But all the blame on him? No, not having that. 

Soumare is getting pelters here for a) being played in a position that isn't his strength and b) another player losing the ball when that player is arguably one of our best on it. 

There's more that went wrong than Soumare just not being in the perfect place just incase we lose possession.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Why don't you concentrate on the main faults rather than the keeper.

Typical "Ward" hater.

Good decision to put his name in quotation marks, I too am beginning to think he is simply a work of fiction, or at the very least an incorporeal being seen as he is incapable of stopping anything

• Haha 2

Rodgers is clearly coaching the high full back thing when in possession - but it leaves you so exposed if you turn over the ball.

Mean, the ball was lost on the halfway line for their second goal - where in most circumstances you should be able to recover.

But that’s not possible if both full backs are wide and midway into Brighton’s half.  

In my mind, if one goes, the other sits, not only because it’s better defensively, but because it gives you an out ball on the other flank - something Maddison didn’t have and hence him trying to thread an intricate ball through two Brighton players.