Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brighton (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Not obtuse at all.

Maddison surrounded by 3 Brighton players, plays a poor pass. I get Soumare could track back quicker - no denying that. But all the blame on him? No, not having that. 

Soumare is getting pelters here for a) being played in a position that isn't his strength and b) another player losing the ball when that player is arguably one of our best on it. 

There's more that went wrong than Soumare just not being in the perfect place just incase we lose possession.

What on.. 

For a start, he's not getting "pelters", think both Mark and myself are quite sympathetic to the fact Soumaré isn't playing in his natural position which isn't his fault. The post you're quoting just literally said that. 

And why are you emphasising "incase we lose possession" as if its a frivolous waste of time to have a holding midfielder, that's exactly the point of having one out there lol

We're playing two strikers, a winger, an attacking midfielder and a ball player in Tielemans - obviously one of the midfield should be sitting in looking to mop up, what else should he be doing? 

I get you wanting defend a player who gets an unfair amount of criticism but you're arguing a strawman. Nobody's saying he's uniquely to blame for that goal, just that it likely wouldn't have happened if Wilf was playing DM.