Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brighton (A) Match Thread

Half time.

Good:
Daka, Iheanacho, Tielemans

Bad

Thomas, Ward, Maddison, Soumare, Ndidi, Justin, Rodgers lol 

Somehow still level which I'll take. I'll be happy to be proved wrong but I just don't see us having the minerals to see out a draw or get/hold on to a win.

We constantly just make it hard for ourselves to stay in the game. Too many clumsy mistakes and lapses in concentration. Formation exposes us far too much. Either centrally through Soumare/Maddison because they press the central midfield spots highly, or because Thomas and Justin have no support in covering Trossard or March. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

has anyone else noticed 9 times out of 10 when soumare gets the ball he passes it back the person who passes it to him instantly. 

is that him saying “why are you giving that to me here” ? 

is that something brendan tells them to do?

is that him lacking confidence to do something with it? 

or is that just something he does? 

Watch Man City play. Really watch. 

Almost nobody will take a risk trying to bring the ball under control if they're under any pressure, they'll all lay it back to Gundogan or a centre back, play a first time ball and keep it moving. 

You tire out the press, keep possession and then move and get in to space to receive another ball, hopefully with room to turn next time. 

Well we’re level so it’s not all bad… we look quite a good team going forwards. At the back it’s an absolute shambles, the worst thing is if you change Castagne and Thomas were instantly better. 
I don’t necessarily agree with dropping a keeper whose been made number one this early in the season, but he Ward simply doesn’t look good enough for this level.

Hopefully, the last game we see Ndidi at CB too.

• Like 1