Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Kolo Toure

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Can't get me head around the dislike for him, and the piss takey mocking posts after he lost his job? 

The bloke was part of a coaching staff with about 14 others, no one on foxes talk can pretend to know what his daily responsibilities were and the level he was carrying them out to.

Also as far as I remember he wasn't even employed as a defensive coach so pinning some of our current woes on him is pretty thick. 

We also won the FA cup during his time so I would expect a little bit of class and respect form our fans when a blokes lost his job but this place is pretty toxic at the moment so probably a bit too much to ask. 

I do. He was in charge of putting the custard in the custard creams. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've no idea what he's like as a coach but having met him he's a top bloke. Went out of his way to speak to me and one of my colleagues about 18 months ago despite being engaged in other business and needing to jump on the team bus ahead of an important game. 

On a separate note, I was surprised at how short he is. Don't know why but I had always perceived him to be quite tall when he was playing CB for Arsenal. 

• Like 1

Take it easy on the guy.  He's drafting his CV for the first time in years.  No easy job.

KOLO TOURE   kolo.JPG.dcc4540180424277371c4d28edeca620.JPG

Successful   Results-oriented   football coach seeking   Premier League   EFL   coaching position   pretty much any football job not located in a shithole country.

Coaching Experience

Celtic FC, 2017-2019  Assistant first team coach

Won two Scottish trebles.

Leicester City FC, 2019-2023  Assistant first team coach

Improved club’s defensive record from 5th to 19th   Coached defense   Conducted training sessions as club   advanced   remained in mid-table    played in the Premier League.  Won FA Cup.

Wigan Athletic FC, 2023  First team manager. 

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Can't get me head around the dislike for him, and the piss takey mocking posts after he lost his job? 

The bloke was part of a coaching staff with about 14 others, no one on foxes talk can pretend to know what his daily responsibilities were and the level he was carrying them out to.

Also as far as I remember he wasn't even employed as a defensive coach so pinning some of our current woes on him is pretty thick. 

We also won the FA cup during his time so I would expect a little bit of class and respect form our fans when a blokes lost his job but this place is pretty toxic at the moment so probably a bit too much to ask. 

Wow, no wonder our fan base has no spine anymore. Sure he’ll be just fine without a job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Have we won a league game since he left? No coincidence, bring him home.

I heard he was the sole difference between our good form pre world cup and our bad form eve since. (not just the purple patch at the end, BUT EVERY win during his 4 years {every other result is on Brendan}) 

Edited by gw_leics772

3 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Lol...this IS a joke right?

Rephrase it as millionaire, proven inept coach and useless manager walks away with several thousands of pounds for failing...again.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Just shows managing a lowly team like Wigan isn't easy.

...thought it was a bit strange him getting this opportunity!!!

The problem is that, this does not become his last shot in management  if that is what he wants to do.

Was the role foisted on him due to previously being offered to Yaya, it was pretty much out of the blue and I suspect a great opportunity,  at the wrong time.

I would suggest going into non league and working your way back, if you can start to learn the ropes in managing people and dealing with the problems off the pitch, it would set you up for the Wigan's of this world.

Working on a shoestring and getting players to buy into your ideas, will help you go a long way.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, J. James said:

Lol...this IS a joke right?

Rephrase it as millionaire, proven inept coach and useless manager walks away with several thousands of pounds for failing...again.

Having money doesn't shield someone from the sting of personal failure. 

I'm not even saying you should feel sorry for him just find the need to mock a little odd. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

What does me not wanting to mock an ex coach after a sacking from his first managerial role have to with our fan base not having a spine? 

Because what you are saying is purely sentimental. I can understand why people feel that way towards the owners and even the past achievements of Rodgers but having the same sentiment for some clown riding on his coat tails is something else.