Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Kolo Toure

3 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Having money doesn't shield someone from the sting of personal failure. 

I'm not even saying you should feel sorry for him just find the need to mock a little odd. 

It's simple British gallows humour bud.

Warms my heart personally to see it alive and kicking woke bullsh!t into the comedic gutter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Brendan Rodgers statement:

"Kolo is a fighter he'll come good, he is an A* student of the 'Brendan Rodgers -  Techniques and Tactics' coaching course".

"Sadly he was yet to begin studying the section on media evasion, advanced blarny and transfer of responsibility when he left for Wigan".

Footnote.

Not really, just a bit of whimsy.

• Haha 2

Wigan probably looked at the fine job Kompany's doing at Burnley, so wanted to go a similar route. The problem is that Kompany, along with Arteta, are mentored by Pep and Kolo is mentored by Rodgers. I feel sorry for Kolo, it was hilarious watching Wigan trying to play out from the back under him. Unfortunately, just like Rodgers, he just kept going with a plan that didnt work.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

Wigan probably looked at the fine job Kompany's doing at Burnley, so wanted to go a similar route. The problem is that Kompany, along with Arteta, are mentored by Pep and Kolo is mentored by Rodgers. I feel sorry for Kolo, it was hilarious watching Wigan trying to play out from the back under him. Unfortunately, just like Rodgers, he just kept going with a plan that didnt work.

If you are going to change a team stylistically that much, you NEED a preseason under your belt. You cant just make that change midseason unless it's a club with very technical players. For example with Leicester it was notable how during the first preseason Rodgers had, that we improved a lot compared to when he was first appointed. And even then, it was a bit of a slow start with draws with Wolves and Chelsea. 

Also being mentored by Pep is a huge deal. Yes he's had money wherever he has been. but Guardiola is legitimately one of the best coaches in football history, who has impacted the way major teams around the world play. Ten Hag also worked under Guardiola at Bayern, showing again the sort of influence he has had.

I could see Kompany being Leicester manager in the next 12 months actually, he might be worth a shot!

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Feel rough on his assistant. Toure will get another job easy on his name and career. Johal always knew it was a risk leaving a cushty role at Leicester.

I agree but it’s also the nature of the game outside of Academy football. As soon as you take that step you know your job is at constant risk but the money will also be better, hopefully he had someone put the relevant classes in his contract that will take care of him to a new role comes along. Anyway with the way we operate I imagine his old job is going to advert in a few weeks so he should be able to get it back.

3 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I agree but it’s also the nature of the game outside of Academy football. As soon as you take that step you know your job is at constant risk but the money will also be better, hopefully he had someone put the relevant classes in his contract that will take care of him to a new role comes along. Anyway with the way we operate I imagine his old job is going to advert in a few weeks so he should be able to get it back.

I reckon he might likely get his old gig back.

That went well lol

Didn't Wigan pay a 7-figure compensation fee for him too? Sure I read that somewhere. 

If he waltzes back into his old role, it's like we've just farmed him out as funded head for a bit. Would be funny.

Edited by LCCFox96

2 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

One of the clearest memories I have from Wolves on the opening day last season was Kolo taking the defenders for their specific part of the warm up where they have to deal with balls coming in at varying heights and angles and deal with it accordingly. On one he’s completely sold Cags short throwing the ball up into the air and it dropping 5 or so yards in front of him with him almost falling forwards trying to get on it. He’s then played a driven ball out to Ricky P at chest height whos stood on the touch line with the ball missing the mark and going into the stands. It was one of the worst drills I have ever seen at any standard of football.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Feel rough on his assistant. Toure will get another job easy on his name and career. Johal always knew it was a risk leaving a cushty role at Leicester.

...I  would not be banking on that!!!

There is enough managers who only get one bite at the apple,  it was an appointment out of the blue and no one, perhaps not even Kolo saw it happening.