Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

I blame the ownership for failing to invest more into the squad letting contracts rundown, what an absolute mess we are in. Blame BR all you want, hes had his arms tied behind his back having to manage a squad full of overpaid headturners who clearly dont want to remain in the foreseable future. #weremassive #uptherodgeerrrsssssssssss

Oh come off it Brendan, you can perhaps accept a teeney weeney bit of the blame! 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, lee7 said:

It baffles me when i read this on social media and on here. 

Top is rightly praised for all of the good things that he does for the club/city of Leicester but at the same time that doesn't then make him immune from citicism either. 

Recently the club seems to be nosediving under his watch and questions need to be answered. 

Instead we are all met with a wall of silence and it is hardly reassuring.

I don’t mean his decision making - by all means criticise that if you disagree with some of that. I just mean when people question his actual ownership of the club. 

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

The two things go hand in hand.

Yeah I guess so to some degree. It’s not been great recently but overall, his ownership has been good, don’t you think? 

It all depends on how things go moving on from here for me, personally. 

21 minutes ago, Pedro02 said:

Yeah I guess so to some degree. It’s not been great recently but overall, his ownership has been good, don’t you think? 

It all depends on how things go moving on from here for me, personally. 

You get judged on the here and now in football, I think it’s this period where his tenure will get seriously scrutinised and if he wants it to be favourable he needs to make the right decisions at the right time. I’m not convinced that ship hasn’t already sailed.

Edited by Strokes

11 hours ago, Pedro02 said:

I agree it’s more so the lack of investment in the summer than the manager. I don’t like some people questioning Top’s ownership, though. I’m sure he’ll realise the mistakes of the summer (forced or unforced). 

Also think that the defenders have been terrible and need to buck up their ideas - I don’t see any manager being able to set that back line up effectively at the minute. 

.. you are obviously not paying close enough attention!!!

• Haha 1

I don’t agree with personal insults to Top but those that say he cannot be criticised or do no wrong are as much of the problem.

We can be more grateful that words could ever say for what the family (not just Top) have done and what we have achieved whilst questioning the present and the future direction of the club. Those living in the past are as bad as Forest fans!

To me, it looks more and more like the reputation build as the best run club was Vichai and Vichai alone holding that together. It looks more like Top has been dining off Vichai’s reputation as it has slowly and gradually got worse on and off the pitch.

Does he have to sell? Not necessarily.

But if he wants to keep the club and doesn’t seem to be able to make the right decisions himself (on a day to day basis), he needs better and more capable people to run the club for him and trust their decisions (if the rumours he is the sole person refusing to sack Rodgers are correct).

Either way he is undoing the legacy which is sad to see.

Edited by LCFCJohn
  • Like 1

For better or worse, (My view is the latter) the club is absolutely being run differently than it was whilst Vichai was around.

Having said that I'm of the opinion that other and outside market forces, due to Covid, have caused this difference, or pause, in direction but I still think our dearly departed owner would have taken greater risks with our club and it's immediate future than Top and the family are.

We will never know if those risks would have been fruitful as they have not been taken but with the situation and league position we find ourselves in sooner or later a change is going to have to be made. Wether that's with a big deep breath gamble or, as they seem to be doing now, a careful considered, tentative eye on the situation and purse strings still also remains to be seen.

History will tell us what the outcome was.

Dear Chairman,

You’re a great guy no one is doubting that. But as far as keeping Rodgers at the helm. You have to see the reality and understand that we are regressing, if you are detached from that then it’s sad indictment in my humble opinion.

Do you watch Brendan’s pressers? do you see how much disdain he has? Not to mention his style of play, his treatment of Iheanacho, the trend of results, etc the list goes on.. I don’t want to bore you so I will get to the point.

Please do the honorable thing and please part ways with Rodgers. This lack of action, this inaction is not commendable.

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to read this.

Yours Faithfully,

A concerned Leicester City supporter.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Dear Chairman,

You’re a great guy no one is doubting that. But as far as keeping Rodgers at the helm. You have to see the reality and understand that we are regressing, if you are detached from that then it’s sad indictment in my humble opinion.

Do you watch Brendan’s pressers? do you see how much disdain he has? Not to mention his style of play, his treatment of Iheanacho, the trend of results, etc the list goes on.. I don’t want to bore you so I will get to the point.

Please do the honorable thing and please part ways with Rodgers. This lack of action, this inaction is not commendable.

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to read this.

Yours Faithfully,

A concerned Leicester City supporter.

Like reading one of those letters from Monty Python sketches. "Dear BBC" lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, J. James said:

Fear not, It's not the support only a few keyboard warriors trying to out - insult the last hyperbolic dolt.

This they - don't - share - my - opinion - so - must - be - idiots claptrap is boring and stupid.

Anybody who has been anywhere near a major international business knows that decisions such as Top has to make are NEVER simple or one dimensional as these over excited mouths seem to believe.

Personally l dont sit behind a keyboard and bravely write stuff l would not dare to say to peoples faces, criticism is fair enough, even uninformed criticism but straight out abuse is unwarranted, unfair and cowardly.

I don’t know I’m getting the hint you’re  a bit of sleazebag coward tbf 

Edited by Joe90lcfc
  • Haha 1

On 22/09/2022 at 09:05, SemperEadem said:

Did not think the day would come when the support would turn on King Power.

I didnt think the day would come when we have recently won the league, and FA Cup, have sold big names for huge amounts of money yet sit bottom of the league because we haven't got a pot to p1ss in and can't afford to sack our manager.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I didnt think the day would come when we have recently won the league, and FA Cup, have sold big names for huge amounts of money yet sit bottom of the league because we haven't got a pot to p1ss in and can't afford to sack our manager.

....it really is not about a lack of money at the club, FFP is the issue in respect of spending!!!

On 23/09/2022 at 11:25, Simoken said:

This whole 'family club' PR stunt is a load of bs at best. Its a business nothing else and no one is bullet proof from blame sod the sentiment, so yeah time to sort the squad and drop this whole stadium  investment and spend it on what matters. DGAF.

I agree with half of this but not the stadium and investments as they are honouring their word and we need it.

I also wouldn't take a knife and slice my sentiments in half and then stab the owners in the back like you appear to be doing.