Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

20 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If your employees perform miserably then it's on you to take the appropriate action. They report to him and he's given them a free ride for far too long.

Agree with that as well, hopefully we'll see change to the club's leadership, especially Rudkin's role, at the end of the season. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I’m confused. Didn’t see you want him sacked? 

I absolutely did. 

Although it seems I was giving the board too much credit in thinking they would actually have a plan for this outcome. 

Weve been utterly shite for 18 months but apparently we have no contingency plan and we're just hoping stability would work out. 

Complete and utter negligence from the board. 

Funny how everyone KNOWS what Vichai would have done and that Top isn’t up to it.

How many of you have worked for the club at board level during King Power ownership?

He kept a manager longer than you would have liked and suddenly everything he has done for the club goes out the window and he needs to sell up.

Absolutely embarrassing.

For the record, I agree Rodgers needed to go but calling out Top isn’t the way to go.

I hear Mike Ashley is available…

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Diggler90 said:

Funny how everyone KNOWS what Vichai would have done and that Top isn’t up to it.

How many of you have worked for the club at board level during King Power ownership?

He kept a manager longer than you would have liked and suddenly everything he has done for the club goes out the window and he needs to sell up.

Absolutely embarrassing.

For the record, I agree Rodgers needed to go but calling out Top isn’t the way to go.

How many of us have managed football league clubs? How many of us have played in the Premier League?

Are we only allowed to discuss it if we've done it?

Top has to many people around him not good enough, starting with Rudkin.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Why the hell did we wait until after the international break to get rid? Utter madness. 

Obviously glad he’s finally gone though. 

My guess is something in his contract about being in the bottom 3, reduced payment or something. 

4 hours ago, Diggler90 said:

Absolutely embarrassing.

Oh we're back to saying this nonsense again lol

'Be careful what you wish for' etc. etc.

Mike Ashley would have likely sacked Rodgers ages ago, so what does that say about Top? Him and the board are just as much to blame as Rodgers for us being in this mess.

It's laughable that the only defence people seem to have is stating that someone else COULD be worse. that goes for the chairman, the board members, the manager, etc.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

How many of us have managed football league clubs? How many of us have played in the Premier League?

Are we only allowed to discuss it if we've done it?

Top has to many people around him not good enough, starting with Rudkin.

No you don’t have to have done it, but some of the opinions of people discussing it are plain stupid.

Vichai and Top have delivered unbelievable things for this club and city in general. As soon as things aren’t nice and rosey, ‘fans’ are saying that Top needs to sell up and move on.

Things can always be improved and perhaps the roles of Rudkin etc need to be reviewed but to suggest KP need to sell up and move on is ridiculous.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Oh we're back to saying this nonsense again lol

'Be careful what you wish for' etc. etc.

Mike Ashley would have likely sacked Rodgers ages ago, so what does that say about Top? Him and the board are just as much to blame as Rodgers for us being in this mess.

It's laughable that the only defence people seem to have is stating that someone else COULD be worse. that goes for the chairman, the board members, the manager, etc.

Why is being careful what you wish for ‘nonsense’?

Do you want the current ownership to leave?

Would you prefer Mike Ashley to the current ownership?

Everything can be improved on, but are things really that bad that the whole club needs restructuring?!

Don’t be so dramatic.

7 minutes ago, Diggler90 said:

Everything can be improved on, but are things really that bad that the whole club needs restructuring?!

Don’t be so dramatic.

I've said before that a shady hedge fund such as the likes of Sisu wresting ownership of the club would be all that some of our 'supporters' deserve. 

2 minutes ago, Diggler90 said:

Don’t be so dramatic.

It's nonsense because it's not actually a valid argument, it just 'well it could be worse' You could be 22nd in League 2 and still be applying the same argument 'well we could not have a football club'

We've heard this about Rodgers for the past 18 months, hasn't done us much good has it?

Be careful what you wish for, we could end up with Potter, Dyche, Nuno or Emery :rolleyes:

I wouldn't care if Top sold up and we got decent owners in, he's shown in the past 3 or 4 years that he seems to have zero idea of how to run a football club. Leaving it until now to sack Rodgers is absolute madness.

I never once said the club needs restructuring, but now you mention it I think you'll find the restructuring has already started, hence Lee Congerton moving on and the club taking back control of transfers, previously allowing Rodgers and his boys to cherry pick the signings, with one dud bought after another.

'Good god people actually criticising the ownership, get in the bin. No pleasing some people, let’s get Mike Ashley shall we.'

This was your argument in this very thread in September, so it shows really no matter what happens, you'll put Top of some sort of pedestal and he'll likely never do any wrong. And you don't really have any other argument for arguing in Tops favour other than Mike Ashley, evil bad chairman.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

I've said before that a shady hedge fund such as the likes of Sisu wresting ownership of the club would be all that some of our 'supporters' deserve. 

'Supporters' because we're criticising the owners?

Half the people spouting stuff like this don't even go to games, yet want those that spend thousands every year to attend and happy clap their way into the Championship.

This isn't aimed at you personally, but seens loads of people on here recently making these comments, but then they're always in the match day threads commentating so can't be at the actual games.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Diggler90 said:

No you don’t have to have done it, but some of the opinions of people discussing it are plain stupid.

Vichai and Top have delivered unbelievable things for this club and city in general. As soon as things aren’t nice and rosey, ‘fans’ are saying that Top needs to sell up and move on.

Things can always be improved and perhaps the roles of Rudkin etc need to be reviewed but to suggest KP need to sell up and move on is ridiculous.

That's football.

Just like fans have wanted a successful manager out. Football isn't played on history, it's about the now and right now we're heading towards the second divison.

Top has his trust in people that don't seem up to the job. All these contracts signed and handed out are big issues for us and Top has trusted his DOF to do that.

• Like 1

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

'Supporters' because we're criticising the owners?

Nope, so called supporters that are directing mindless vitriol, anger and abuse at the owners. Talk to Bury, Cardiff, Coventry or Pompey fans about asset stripping and unscrupulous ownership. Many of our fanbase don't know that they were born - either that, or they are 'born again' football fans that are oblivious to our history beyond the last decade. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

My guess is something in his contract about being in the bottom 3, reduced payment or something. 

That's been stated before yeah.

We really are in a financial mess if we risked our PL survival to save some short term money.

Or our decision making is dumber than dumb if Rudkin and Top waited this long without necessity.

15 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Nope, so called supporters that are directing mindless vitriol, anger and abuse at the owners. Talk to Bury, Cardiff, Coventry or Pompey fans about asset stripping and unscrupulous ownership. Many of our fanbase don't know that they were born - either that, or they are 'born again' football fans that are oblivious to our history beyond the last decade. 

Which kind of brings us around a neat circle really as the ground is under the ownership of King Power as opposed to the club and we've just risked significant 'potential' sums of TV money and/or parachute payments. Hence the heat facing the current ownership as a relegation begins to really stress the relationship of owner to their investment in LCFC. They are not above criticism. 

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Which kind of brings us around a neat circle really as the ground is under the ownership of King Power as opposed to the club and we've just risked significant 'potential' sums of TV money and/or parachute payments. Hence the heat facing the current ownership as a relegation begins to really stress the relationship of owner to their investment in LCFC. They are not above criticism. 

Big difference between some of the absolute bile we see and criticism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Hence the heat facing the current ownership as a relegation begins to really stress the relationship of owner to their investment in LCFC. They are not above criticism. 

Agree and at no point have I suggested otherwise. 

However, they have already made their commitment to continuing to invest in the long-term future of the club quite clear. Whether that is as astutely managed as it was under the late chairman and owner remains to be seen.