Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

48 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It's nonsense because it's not actually a valid argument, it just 'well it could be worse' You could be 22nd in League 2 and still be applying the same argument 'well we could not have a football club'

We've heard this about Rodgers for the past 18 months, hasn't done us much good has it?

Be careful what you wish for, we could end up with Potter, Dyche, Nuno or Emery :rolleyes:

I wouldn't care if Top sold up and we got decent owners in, he's shown in the past 3 or 4 years that he seems to have zero idea of how to run a football club. Leaving it until now to sack Rodgers is absolute madness.

I never once said the club needs restructuring, but now you mention it I think you'll find the restructuring has already started, hence Lee Congerton moving on and the club taking back control of transfers, previously allowing Rodgers and his boys to cherry pick the signings, with one dud bought after another.

'Good god people actually criticising the ownership, get in the bin. No pleasing some people, let’s get Mike Ashley shall we.'

This was your argument in this very thread in September, so it shows really no matter what happens, you'll put Top of some sort of pedestal and he'll likely never do any wrong. And you don't really have any other argument for arguing in Tops favour other than Mike Ashley, evil bad chairman.

Bloody hell that is a good investigation, KO'd him by finding a post from September!

We clearly do need an injection of funds if we want to keep competing at this level, and despite the rent-a-gobs saying how great the Championship and away days at Barnsley are, I dread that all over again. Not to say I want KP out, I think they are good stewards of the club, but need new investors.

If they do sell up, get your 'the clubs gone mate its a shambles gone mate shambles shambles' comments ready everyone, because IMO the only viable majority investors will be PE or venture capital (US, offshore, Asian). Before football goes bust in a round a decades time, there will be a huge amount of change taken to drive profit at the obvious expense of the fans before POP and it's gone.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Bloody hell that is a good investigation, KO'd him by finding a post from September!

We clearly do need an injection of funds if we want to keep competing at this level, and despite the rent-a-gobs saying how great the Championship and away days at Barnsley are, I dread that all over again. Not to say I want KP out, I think they are good stewards of the club, but need new investors.

If they do sell up, get your 'the clubs gone mate its a shambles gone mate shambles shambles' comments ready everyone, because IMO the only viable majority investors will be PE or venture capital (US, offshore, Asian). Before football goes bust in a round a decades time, there will be a huge amount of change taken to drive profit at the obvious expense of the fans before POP and it's gone.

This is the truth. There simply are no good owners coming into the game now - not ones that would look to buy Leicester and not a bigger asset, anyway.

I can understand the frustration of those disappointed with the owners at the present time, but given the record regarding football (and other) investment at the present time, "who out there is better?" is a legit question to ask, sorry.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It's nonsense because it's not actually a valid argument, it just 'well it could be worse' You could be 22nd in League 2 and still be applying the same argument 'well we could not have a football club'

We've heard this about Rodgers for the past 18 months, hasn't done us much good has it?

Be careful what you wish for, we could end up with Potter, Dyche, Nuno or Emery :rolleyes:

I wouldn't care if Top sold up and we got decent owners in, he's shown in the past 3 or 4 years that he seems to have zero idea of how to run a football club. Leaving it until now to sack Rodgers is absolute madness.

I never once said the club needs restructuring, but now you mention it I think you'll find the restructuring has already started, hence Lee Congerton moving on and the club taking back control of transfers, previously allowing Rodgers and his boys to cherry pick the signings, with one dud bought after another.

'Good god people actually criticising the ownership, get in the bin. No pleasing some people, let’s get Mike Ashley shall we.'

This was your argument in this very thread in September, so it shows really no matter what happens, you'll put Top of some sort of pedestal and he'll likely never do any wrong. And you don't really have any other argument for arguing in Tops favour other than Mike Ashley, evil bad chairman.

1) Define "decent owners" please

2)  Name some.

I'm not having a go, I'm genuinely interested to find out.

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

because IMO the only viable majority investors will be PE or venture capital (US, offshore, Asian). 

Absolutely.

Why are some incapable of comprehending that long-term investment and commitment to the club and community is such a rare commodity in the contemporary game? This 'Top's lost interest', 'bin off the owners - get in someone who really cares about the club' is as irksome as it is hilarious. Really? How? Where? It's that straightforward is it? We're not talking about the fickle revolving door of management here. 

The Srivaddhanaprabha family/King Power are a very rare find. Of course the ownership is not perfect, recent decisions have been and are questioned and of course they, together with their ongoing pledge towards upholding and safeguarding the interests of the Club are not beyond criticism - no one is suggesting that is not the case. 

I swear to God though, that a large percentage of our fans deserve little more than a combination of a Sisu takeover sanctioning a succession of Tony Mowbray loan deals as a recruitment strategy to open their eyes. Ask any Coventry City fan how that feels. 

Brendan was a positive appointment that yielded initial success, some attractive football and great optimism. And yes, he had a very strong foundation to build on and the promise of generous funding. Therein lay my concerns in February 2019 though. My main worries going forward being recruitment and coaching. As we know, the former has been highly questionable, whilst I can't recall so many quality players regressing under one manager's watch. In spite of our momentum, pushing for CL football, continuing to bloody the noses of the so called big six (soon to be seven) and the FA Cup triumph, it quickly turned sour amid cringeworthy, cowardly capitulations, European humiliation, dour possession based football and utterly bewildering tactics. I understand the reasons for our lack of spending last summer, (which actually may also have mercifully averted further disastrous knee-jerk swoops into a questionable transfer market). The departure of Schmeichel (and Fofana) was another massive blow alongside some unfortunate injuries.They gambled on the fact that our squad was sufficiently strong to continue to compete in a constantly evolving and highly challenging league. At worse, they probably reckoned upon stagnation as opposed to relegation. It was a not so calculated risk. The Tielemans situation is shocking, but I am confident that they did everything in their power to persuade him to sign a new contract.  - but none of this alters the fact that under Rodgers we have continued to surrender leads and points in such a spineless and comical fashion. I honestly believe that the owners kept faith in Brendan because they astonishingly thought that he was capable of turning things around. I also think that they wished to avoid compensating him. They acted too late - and I don't think that anyone would disagree with that. Many have made the potent point that with the spectre of relegation looming, appointing a quality manager for the long-term will be a far more difficult task so late in the season.

I agree with @Daggers that football isn't about past glories, it's about the future and it's right that our owners will continue be judged on and answerable to that. But respect and gratitude is also due for the pivotal role that they have played in establishing this club as a competitive force, our unprecedented levels of success and the most illustrious period of our history. Currently I can foresee no one better placed to continue to take us forward even if that involves the step back into the championship due to a dreadful miscalculation which of course they must be viewed as culpable for. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

1) Define "decent owners" please

2)  Name some.

I'm not having a go, I'm genuinely interested to find out.

1. Ones that don’t allow the manager to slag off virtually everyone at the football club, from the owner himself, to the fans. 

Ones that know when a manager is past his sell by date, sticking with Rodgers until yesterday is insane. I don’t believe any other owner in the Prem would have done so other than Top.  

Ones that don’t allow their own supporters to be treated like a group of thugs intent on a day of violence, both at home but mainly at away games. 

2. How am I meant to know who is gonna buy the club? If I said Keanu Reeves it would sound fantastic but how do we know if he’ll be any good? You roll the dice you take the chance. Anyone with a decent amount of funds is a potential owner?

Whether it’s all on Top or the board (Rudkin, Susan etc.), I don’t know, but a lot of the credit in the bank has gone for me. We’re in this mess due to a combination of crap decisions from those 3. 

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

17 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

1. Ones that don’t allow the manager to slag off virtually everyone at the football club, from the owner himself, to the fans. 

Ones that know when a manager is past his sell by date, sticking with Rodgers until yesterday is insane. I don’t believe any other owner in the Prem would have done so other than Top.  

Ones that don’t allow their own supporters to be treated like a group of thugs intent on a day of violence, both at home but mainly at away games. 

2. How am I meant to know who is gonna buy the club? If I said Keanu Reeves it would sound fantastic but how do we know if he’ll be any good? You roll the dice you take the chance. Anyone with a decent amount of funds is a potential owner?

Whether it’s all on Top or the board (Rudkin, Susan etc.), I don’t know, but a lot of the credit in the bank has gone for me. We’re in this mess due to a combination of crap decisions from those 3. 

In reference to your first argument, could you actually post some quotes and where you found them of times where he’s slagged people off. I’ve heard it said lots but not actually seen any examples. I’d also be curious to see if they’re wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dusty said:

In reference to your first argument, could you actually post some quotes and where you found them of times where he’s slagged people off. I’ve heard it said lots but not actually seen any examples. I’d also be curious to see if they’re wrong.

Blamed the fans for producing a negative atmosphere after one of the games, Brighton away maybe?

Constantly blamed Top and the board for not backing him.

Blamed various players, both as a collective and individually.

Talked down the club and bigged himself up 'great achievement keeping us up' 'Were happy to just stay in the division when I joined'

I'm not trawling back through articles and stuff for months, blokes been disrespectful for months about the club as a whole and Top has just stood by and let him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Blamed the fans for producing a negative atmosphere after one of the games, Brighton away maybe?

Talked down the club and bigged himself up 'great achievement keeping us up' 'Were happy to just stay in the division when I joined'

I'm not trawling back through articles and stuff for months, blokes been disrespectful for months about the club as a whole and Top has just stood by and let him.

Completely agree with all of this, I’ve never disliked a manager as much as I have him and that’s despite him being really successful here. They way he’s degraded everyone during the last 18 months or so has shown his true character, brand Brendan took over and that, for me, is unforgivable. 

• Like 2

Anyone who thought things were going to be the same after the accident are very naive.

Vichai could make decisions Top can't. Top has a Board to answer too which means decisions may take a little longer.

However I still believe they are the best option for the club going forward. It may take a season or two to get back to where we were. But I believe the club will be the wiser for the current mess we have to clean up.

• Like 2

It's Vichai's birthday game tomorrow. Free beers and all that.

I doubt Top or King Power would have wanted such an ugly mood, one that's been festering for over a year before properly bubbling to the surface in recent weeks, to tarnish what has historically been an enjoyable celebration of Khun Vichai's life each year. It's become the de facto "memorial game" for completely understandable reasons, and is clearly something very important to Top and for a lot of us too.

I'm pretty sure that this has had a bearing on the decision to do this now. Which is bleeding madness when you think about it, but does tie into some of the mindset I've come to expect from Top and the board. It's terrible optics to those investing in the club from elsewhere in the company and consortium to see fans protesting and actively calling out the club ownership on the late Chairman's birthday of all days.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Anyone who thought things were going to be the same after the accident are very naive.

Vichai could make decisions Top can't. Top has a Board to answer too which means decisions may take a little longer.

However I still believe they are the best option for the club going forward. It may take a season or two to get back to where we were. But I believe the club will be the wiser for the current mess we have to clean up.

Vichai not have that?

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I don't really buy this. When we won the FA Cup I don't think we were talking about how the accident has led to this and that. 

For me it's the actions of Brendan that's led to the toxicity. Top should have reacted to that, but as much as I have been really unhappy with Brendan, I think there's a lot of qualities in showing loyalty over the usual stereotypical trigger happy foreign owner that we see so often. Let's not forget the farce of sacking and rehiring Nigel under Vichai. Hardly screamed of well run and organised did it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Again that’s not really examples. He might have said some things that people disagree with but in general his comments are blown well out of proportion. 

He has said things about not being backed and in general if you compare us to the clubs we want to compete with, we have had less investment and that’s just a fact. Managers complain about this all the time, Klopp does regularly. We should be doing better than we are but you can’t say what he’s said is incorrect. 

I think if you actually looked at all the things he’s said, they’d be things you didn’t like or agree with, but in general most of them would be pretty close to reality, whether you like it or not. 

Our model of being frugal and buying prospects for sensible fees from other leagues was kind of thrown out the window before Rodgers got here, but he spent far more money than Ranieri did in his time here, even with a window in which we spent basically nothing and Covid grinding transfers to a trickle for almost a year.

Perez £30 million
Tielemans £35 million
Vestergaard £16 million
Castagne £20 million
Fofana £35 million
Praet £16 million
Faes £15 million
Souttar £15 million
Daka £23 million
Justin £6 million
Kristiansen £17 million
Soumare £20 million

That's £233 MILLION on transfers in over the past four seasons, and I've probably missed one or two names.

Plus loans for the likes of Under, Lookman and now Tete amongst others running to tens of millions. We don't talk about Ryan Bennett. :colder:

That's not a manager who hasn't been backed by his board. Theres a hell of a lot wrong with how Top and those in charge have handled the past 18 months, but it's simply untrue to suggest they aren't willing to flex the finances in the transfer market. A complete myth spouted by Rodgers to save his skin for abject failure in that area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Top now not the owner?

I might be making this up, but I'm sure I've heard he part owns now with another family member who has literally zero interest in football and just sees our club as a financial burden.

3 hours ago, Diggler90 said:

Vichai and Top have delivered unbelievable things for this club and city in general. As soon as things aren’t nice and rosey, ‘fans’ are saying that Top needs to sell up and move on.

...the frustration on this forum is to do with the inaction of the people who makes the decisions!!!

The vitriol aimed at Top is not needed but he needed to have at least acknowledged that there was a problem and something was being done.

Communication from the club has been poor in all aspects and people have voiced there concerns regarding ticketing, service at the ground and many other issues.

Perhaps a more hands on approach is needed with more visibility from the chairman/woman and his chief officers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the frustration on this forum is to do with the inaction of the people who makes the decisions!!!

The vitriol aimed at Top is not needed but he needed to have at least acknowledged that there was a problem and something was being done.

Communication from the club has been poor in all aspects and people have voiced there concerns regarding ticketing, service at the ground and many other issues.

Perhaps a more hands on approach is needed with more visibility from the chairman/woman and his chief officers. 

we may still be relegated - if... and it is an if... that happens then what will we think of Top's delay in sacking Rodgers?  Many of us have felt that this was where Rodgers was taking us and he should have gone earlier (- I admit I would have sacked him last easter - but certainly in the autumn just gone).  All the guys (foxes trust included) who said don't be daft should now apologise for backing a wrongun.... and not agitating for the change we needed.

Edited by foxinsocks

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

KO’d? For stating I’d rather have our current ownership than someone such as Mike Ashley or maybe even worse. Someone has already stated the other clubs that have accepted new owners into the club and learnt the hard way and still languish in the lower leagues.

You may disagree with some decisions that have been made by the ownership, but can you honestly say that you don’t think have the clubs best interests at heart?