Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

When his face came up on the screen today.....he looked as if was about to burst in to tears....and Rudkin looked like a twat sitting near him.

Despite what many others say, I do think he cares. However, I think he put too much trust and faith in Rudkin and Rodgers. 

I don't think he has the ruthless edge his father had for business, and especially football. 

Can't see him selling anytime soon, and he has said as much before, with his long-term commitment pledges. 

Best we can hope for, he suddenly grows a backbone and gets rid of Rudkin and keeps us financially stable whilst in the Championship and is ready to invest heavily IF we go back up. 

• Like 4

He just needs to get new people around him. The football people he has around him are Charlatans and yet he has to foot the bill. Fortunately one has gone but the damage caused by him and his buddy Congerton is going to take a serious clean up. He needs someone who will not just blow smoke and tell him when and what things are bad. If he doesn't have a truthful picture of everything at the club then he's looking at it through a blurry lens. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Probably shaking his head at the fans again.

He looked like reality had hit and will need to go back to his family to explain he needs to inject another 100m next season.

Parachute money will be tied up on pay day loan.

Fofana money paying back another pay day loan.

We have a big wage bill (even with the players leaving) that needs to be paid for somehow, Maddison probably only 8 figure sale possible in summer.

In regards to the manager decision for next season, I remember micky adams not being able to do much in the final games, but then getting us auto promoted the following season, I feel that way about Dean, he took on one of the hardest jobs in football.  The fact all 3 of the management team clearly want to be here, and the honesty makes me think the club should let them start next season with us.

However the concern I have is we wont have the finances to clear out the squad, and I think the mentality will be rotted in now in the squad we have, very difficult to turn this round.  I wouldnt mind the Maddison money being used to pay off contracts just to get everyone with the wrong mentality out, even if it means we promoting youth players next season.

I do think there is a moderate chance he will try to sell.

The Top/Rudkin relationship is key to all of this.

Top owns the club, wants the club to do well but isn't here all the time.  He therefore employs someone to keep on top of the football side of the business.  That person is Rudkin.

For me, if there are footballing issues (and there have been plenty) the Rudkin needs to sort them out.  The crucial factor seems to be that for the big decisions like managerial sackings/appointments and player sales/purchases,  Top seems to have final say.

There is a sense that either Rudkin isn't doing his job properly and giving poor advice to Top, in which case Rudkin has to go.  OR Rudkin IS doing his job and giving sound advice but Top is ignoring him, in which case there is no point in Rudkin being here in the first place.

No doubt he cares, but he’s been negligent in his ownership and shared the blame for our demise with Rodgers, Congerton, Rudkin & the entire sports science/medical team.

Walked past him & his family on the Thames path on the way to the match today. How many other owners would take that walk?

I wish him the best in earning his redemption & our place back in the PL next season 

• Like 4

We know he’s a good bloke and he cares but that doesn’t mean he’s a good chairman. 

His poor decisions have cost us PL football. 

He seems to get an easy ride because of what his dad achieved with us. I’ve no doubt he’ll stick by Rudkin and we’ll probably go from one disaster to the next. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

He looked like reality had hit and will need to go back to his family to explain he needs to inject another 100m next season.

Parachute money will be tied up on pay day loan.

Fofana money paying back another pay day loan.

We have a big wage bill (even with the players leaving) that needs to be paid for somehow, Maddison probably only 8 figure sale possible in summer.

In regards to the manager decision for next season, I remember micky adams not being able to do much in the final games, but then getting us auto promoted the following season, I feel that way about Dean, he took on one of the hardest jobs in football.  The fact all 3 of the management team clearly want to be here, and the honesty makes me think the club should let them start next season with us.

However the concern I have is we wont have the finances to clear out the squad, and I think the mentality will be rotted in now in the squad we have, very difficult to turn this round.  I wouldnt mind the Maddison money being used to pay off contracts just to get everyone with the wrong mentality out, even if it means we promoting youth players next season.

I do think there is a moderate chance he will try to sell.

Have they really put anything though, never mind £100m, I'm not convinced. Any debt is leveraged against the Club with little come back against the playboy prince.

1 minute ago, Knighton1976 said:

Have they really put anything though, never mind £100m, I'm not convinced. Any debt is leveraged against the Club with little come back against the playboy prince.

Money has been put in via loans, but twice now that debt has been converted to equity.  So yeah they may get it back when club is sold.

1 hour ago, frany104 said:

a lack of funds and direction coupled with the boards complacency has resulted in us being in a position we should not have been in. 

Is lack of funds the main issue? We were tiptoeing around FFP, with us just not being a big enough club to sustain the wages etc that we needed to attract those to keep us in the fight in the top 6.

Fully agree wholeheartedly agree with the complacency, that has been absolutely criminal.

1 minute ago, Knighton1976 said:

Top wrote off the debt Leicester City owed King Power a couple months ago. Say what you want about how poorly he's run the club but the club's clearly a passion project for him rather than just an investment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Money has been put in via loans, but twice now that debt has been converted to equity.  So yeah they may get it back when club is sold.

Dependent on the value of the equity of course, which drops by the day...obviously.

Ultimately to blame. Lacked judgment for the last 2 seasons. Should've dismissed Rodgers at the end of last season. And would appear to be dominated by Rudkin. That said, these players should be bloody ashamed at some of the absolute filthy performances they've put in. 

I'm ok with his ownership if he owns what has happened, does the right thing and gets a proper structure at the club IE sacking Rudkin for a start and bankrolls a promotion push.

We can blame Rodgers and Rudkin's poor decisions but ultimately Top signs the cheques and could have changed things and we are where we are now.

• Like 3