Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

Guest Chocolate Teapot
11 minutes ago, nnfox said:

There is a sense that either Rudkin isn't doing his job properly and giving poor advice to Top, in which case Rudkin has to go.  OR Rudkin IS doing his job and giving sound advice but Top is ignoring him, in which case there is no point in Rudkin being here in the first place.

Rudkin spends more time wondering where Top is than doing his actual job.

Needs to do himself and the club a huge favour and bin-off Rudkin toute suite. He's done a horrifically bad job these past 18 months.

Get Nige back as DOF. Would be the best move we could ever make.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Top wrote off the debt Leicester City owed King Power a couple months ago. Say what you want about how poorly he's run the club but the club's clearly a passion project for him rather than just an investment.

Wrote it off against what? You can pay off debt, writing it off is slightly different..

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

When his face came up on the screen today.....he looked as if was about to burst in to tears....and Rudkin looked like a twat sitting near him.

And so he should! He’s apparently been oblivious to our plight all season, this position comes as NO shock to anyone who’s been watching us all season! 

Rudkin, Whelan and Top are all in the same boat, the more I think about, the more anger I feel towards Top’s lack of leadership. He’s is ultimately responsible for those below him and he has failed, and failed dramatically. The realisation that he’s ballsed up his dad’s amazing work might be dawning on him now and I hope he feels a suitable level of responsibility for it! What an absolute horror show this Club has had, from Top all the way down. Time to rebuild … again!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I'm ok with his ownership if he owns what has happened, does the right thing and gets a proper structure at the club IE sacking Rudkin for a start and bankrolls a promotion push.

We can blame Rodgers and Rudkin's poor decisions but ultimately Top signs the cheques and could have changed things and we are where we are now.

Not a chance, feel free to quote me in a year.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

surrounded himself with charlatans and clear he doesn't have a clue how to run a business... sell up or learn fast kid

22 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

surrounded himself with charlatans and clear he doesn't have a clue how to run a business... sell up or learn fast kid

You can say that again!

21 minutes ago, nnfox said:

The Top/Rudkin relationship is key to all of this.

Top owns the club, wants the club to do well but isn't here all the time.  He therefore employs someone to keep on top of the football side of the business.  That person is Rudkin.

For me, if there are footballing issues (and there have been plenty) the Rudkin needs to sort them out.  The crucial factor seems to be that for the big decisions like managerial sackings/appointments and player sales/purchases,  Top seems to have final say.

There is a sense that either Rudkin isn't doing his job properly and giving poor advice to Top, in which case Rudkin has to go.  OR Rudkin IS doing his job and giving sound advice but Top is ignoring him, in which case there is no point in Rudkin being here in the first place.

When I was a junior many years ago, I acted on the account of a very well known (owner led) restaurant chain (now group). The chain was growing at a ridiculous rate but the thing that stuck with me, nearly every evening, the owner (a fully fledged multi millionaire with various business and personal interests) would jump in his car and drive to one of the chains which was suffering in weekday evening sales in comparison to others in the chain. He would either sit in his car and just watch the store for 2 hours or order the same meal, 5 times a week (this apparently went on for 3 months). Just to understand it. He had  a very capable CEO, Ops director and area managers. He trusted their feedback but it wasn’t his gut. 

Entrepreneurship is a different breed. The level of care for what is yours is imbedded in you. You don’t just lose that. If Top truly had that intention, he’s never had that quality. He can go to as many universities he likes. Join as many polo clubs as he wants. Watch the man in action for as long as he wants but if he hasn’t got that, he never will have it. 

This falls on one person. No excuses. Everything else is a by-product. Our problems have been brewing for two years. At some point, Top needed to “jump in his car” and do some fishing. He’s been at every game since sacking Brendan - we’ve been this hopeless since the start of the year. 

The club can’t just get new owners. It doesn’t work like that but while we have had some “**** me that is awesome moments” due to his father, we need to be realistic what we currently have. We do not have an amazing owner who others yearn for (I assure you that was different under Vichai), nor do we have an exceptional businessman whose paid the hard yards to get to this level of business. We have a 37 year old, struggling and if we want to allow him to “struggle with us”, success is not coming any time soon. I’m hoping he finds outside investment and a genuine businessman who holds him to account very soon. But that isn’t easy to find in any industry. It’s going to be tough ride. (At least we have the YouTube videos this time). 

4 minutes ago, markko said:

I cannot dislike Top. He is a young man stepping into his father's shoes. He lost his dad in horrific circumstances. He does not owe us anything. Be careful what you wish for.

Whilst I sympathise, you can’t give the chap a ‘free ride’ I’m afraid. He is indeed a young man, and I think the lack of years have shone through in his leadership and lack of awareness this season. Top is both responsible and accountable, as are the rest of his board, management, players etc.

Too much faith placed in the wrong people, and too patient to act on the important decisions. This is ultimately what is costing us our position.

Nice guy for sure, but seemingly not a good businessman... or so it would appear. He needs to look at the situation and realise his limitations are costing us, would even think it's affecting KP Group too! Would like him to stay, but we just can't afford to be mismanaged to this level and for that I think we need to part ways.

20 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Needs to do himself and the club a huge favour and bin-off Rudkin toute suite. He's done a horrifically bad job these past 18 months.

Get Nige back as DOF. Would be the best move we could ever make.

Nige doesn't wanna be DOF Kasper however........

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

Robert Huth would be a worthwhile punt too

Wes Morgan was also studying the business of football, 3 good candidates that know what it takes to win, and would all be interested in the job.

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Please tell me this isn’t true. It’s nearly as bad with “he trusted his gut but meant well”

That’s the defence on the Facebook groups. We couldn’t spend in the summer because of FFP. Which was proven in January to be complete bollocks