Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

15 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Moan, moan….he doesn’t deserve the fans after investing a mere 1/2 billion…moan, moan….not a patch on his dad despite us winning the FACup…moan, moan…if he wants to retain the club he must spend limitless amounts of his own money…moan, moan…we deserve better than these owners despite being the envy of fans everywhere…moan, moan, I want us to be the best etc etc

Top is making a royal mess of things. 

That is a fact. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Moan, moan….he doesn’t deserve the fans after investing a mere 1/2 billion…moan, moan….not a patch on his dad despite us winning the FACup…moan, moan…if he wants to retain the club he must spend limitless amounts of his own money…moan, moan…we deserve better than these owners despite being the envy of fans everywhere…moan, moan, I want us to be the best etc etc

He's bound to be criticised, though. The club hasn't been well-run since the FA Cup, and it's one of the functions of a set of fans to call these things out.

Where I have a problem is people being so black and white about things. Either the owners were our saviours, the ones responsible for the glory days, or they're absolute incompetents. Top has screwed this up, but I'll see how good a job he does of addressing his errors before any damning verdicts on his tenure.

Part of the problem, though, is that people have put so much of our success down to King Power, that it follows that others are equally attributing everything that goes wrong to their leadership.

If we could see more clearly that their investment wasn't the most critical factor in our success, we might be a bit more realistic in our expectations. They have played an important role in the best era in our history, and we'd had enough lousy chairmen in the past to be rightly grateful for that. The tragedy of Vichai's death elevated him to an almost godly status in our story. But in truth, the most significant investment, relatively speaking, came under Sven. Writing cheques for 350K for Mahrez, 1m for Vardy and Morgan, 500K for Drinkwater, 5m for Kante, nothing for Fuchs, Albrighton... that role in the process wasn't as critical as having assembled staff who could identify invaluable players at those prices. The people who did way better for us than we could ever have expected were the likes of Pearson, Walsh, Shakespeare, Ranieri, (maybe someday we'll add Rodgers to the list, who knows) and players like Vardy, Kante, Mahrez. That's the story of our success, rather than lavish spending. And the key appointments of Pearson (who'd already done a job for us) and Ranieri (who is hardly a surefire thing, and only thrived because he had to coexist with a set-up which had been established before KP) were hardly a matter of the board's insight into the game.

But they deserve credit for getting so much right, even if we were clearly wrong to take it as a given. I just wish it wasn't such an emotional debate, veering between two extremes. They've screwed up, no doubt, but it's not beyond them to make it right.

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Which opposition fans envy us ? Bolton ? Cardiff ? There isn’t anyone who looks at Top and thinks, we could do with him. 

I’ve started to think differently about this era of LCFC history - I used to consider it to be our Thai era, but there seems to be a fracture now that can’t be ignored so it makes more sense to think of it as:

Vichai’s era.

Top’s time.

If an assistant manager was promoted when the Manager retired you wouldn’t think of it as continuation of the same era. 

Vichai’s leadership was nothing short of first class.

Top really seems to be struggling right now. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I’ve started to think differently about this era of LCFC history - I used to consider it to be our Thai era, but there seems to be a fracture now that can’t be ignored so it makes more sense to think of it as:

Vichai’s era.

Top’s time.

If an assistant manager was promoted when the Manager retired you wouldn’t think of it as continuation of the same era. 

Vichai’s leadership was nothing short of first class.

Top really seems to be struggling right now. 

This is me too. This is not KP era under Vichai. We made mistakes but his ability to swoop in and fix it was genuinely that of a successful business. 

This era is an apprentice exercise. With Top at the helm we will struggle to compete let alone grow. Just doesn’t have the skill set or professionals around him to do it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, studentofthegame said:

Our success was built on foundations Vichai built, Top is currently digging them all up and filling them in with raw sewage, his management of the club has been woeful at best and defending him based on the success his dad has is just blind optimism 

No. It was built on the foundations that were built by Nigel Pearson and his team. 

• Like 2

Percy reporting 3 and a half year deal for Marsch. Thats us relegated and finished. Woeful mismanagement. Top and King Power, thanks for the memories but get yourselves out of the club now. 

• Like 1

never in my life have i been more deflated about my team, not when we fell to league one, not when manderic acted like a mad man signing players from youtube but this is an all time low.  We have never been on a better situation as a club and made such poor decisions. Even back in the peter taylor days we were never viewed in the same light and with the same financial opportunity as we are now. 

We’ve got everything wrong for almost 3 years and genuinely are destroying something in record time

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

never in my life have i been more deflated about my team, not when we fell to league one, not when manderic acted like a mad man signing players from youtube but this is an all time low.  We have never been on a better situation as a club and made such poor decisions. Even back in the peter taylor days we were never viewed in the same light and with the same financial opportunity as we are now. 

We’ve got everything wrong for almost 3 years and genuinely are destroying something in record time

I don’t even feel deflated anymore. I feel like that happened a long time ago. Now I feel resigned.

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

I don’t even feel deflated anymore. I feel like that happened a long time ago. Now I feel resigned.

i allowed myself to believe that when brendan left we would get back on the right path. That we had learnt lessons. 

We clearly have learnt nothing.  Why do the club pretend they want to challenge the elite whilst acting like a team that is just happy to make up the numbers. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Just having a chat amongst peers… do we think this might be a move to potentially sell the club? Bring Marsch in to reach out to the American market? 

Plausible. 

I'm actually thinking there is no money and no rebuild. So need to aim low with managers and basically have someone that's happy to just be in a job. 

Nothing to base this on, but I think we'll be under different ownership in the next 18 months. Not a criticism of Top, just what I think will happen.

I think he still cares deeply about the club but it's been a cluster**** of disasters for him since his father's death. Think he's been badly let down by those entrusted to run the club on a daily basis.

Edited by Tielemans63

The blame for us going down falls firmly at the feet of Top. Arguably Rodgers should of went 12 months ago. He has shown way too much loyalty to a manager who would of always jumped ship once relegation was confirmed. 

Unfortunately for Top he has acted too late and the rot has well and truly set in. 

This season reminds me of the season we went down to league one. Everyone thought at that point in time that our squad was too strong to go down and that results would suddenly pick up but it never happened. 

Whoever comes in now has a massive job on their hands.