Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

I get the criticism and understand it. But the club is supposed to be set up to run as a financial and business entity within the umbrella of the King Power group and not as a financial subsidiary.

Of course the decision to not sack Rodgers was made far too late but I wasn't hearing a lot of these personal attacks when we were doing well.

None of us are privy to the decisions taken by the board but for me Rudkin and Whelan must take as much of the blame for our situation as Top. So must the club's coaches, scouts, recruitment team and even the medical staff who have not been able to keep players fit.

I'd like to think we could be mature enough to discuss the club's failings without resorting to attacks of a personal nature. There is an awful lot wrong with the club right now and responsibility for this lies not just at Top's door though I agree he isn't blameless.

12 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

I think the advisors around him have a lot to answer for. The guy was pushed into a situation he wasn't suited to yet. Some of the comments in here are awful. 

I agree I think he’s took a lot of bad advice off others because he’s either not interested or doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Time to sell up either way though - thanks for the memories 

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

unfortunately he clearly doesn't have a clue how to run a club and has put his faith in a jumped up kids coach. time to either get new advisors or find new owners

This may be so but we also have to remember that under the jumped up kids coach we have also won the league, played in the Champions League, won the FA Cup and generally had a pretty decent decade. So it is easy to see why as an owner you would trust that person.

I'm not disagreeing with your overall points though by the way.

• Haha 1

He's not the first to struggle to follow in his father's footsteps. What he will now get is a chance to show his commitment to the club by sticking with us where ever this ride now ends, and who knows maybe just maybe he will learn his trade in the Championship with us. To be honest it isn't difficult, he just needs to take a look back at how his father ran things and revert to that model.

We also need a reality check as fans, we have over achieved in the last 10 years, we may have wealthy owners but they are not Big 7 wealthy. We gave it a tilt for a couple of years, came up short twice and now he have to face the consequences of having departed from the model that got us there in the first place.

Time for new dreams, and to make sure we do right by the memory of Vichai.

Time to stand together, not point the finger, we all share a little bit of the blame for what has come to pass.

• Like 1

He clearly wasn't ready for this level of responsibility yet. His father hadn't finished teaching him. Now we're suffering. Hopefully he's learning - I want to see Rudkin and Whelan gone soon. To have no one in place after persisting with a failing manager is unacceptable. Especially for two winnable games. It's clear our success was more down to the managers and not the higher ups.

I can understand why Top trusted these people. Because his Dad did. But Vichai wouldn't have accepted this - and he would never have accepted the way Brendan talked down the club, board and players to protect himself. 

He needs to learn and quick. But due to Covid relating to King Power and the tragedy of his father I don't hate him. I feel sorry for him. I think he genuinely cares for the club.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nettle said:

I think he's just a bit clueless about football decisions and whoever is advising him they are even more clueless.

And yet wasn't it Top that said to keep Pearson when Vichai wanted to sack him?

By all accounts, Top is a beautiful human being and a genuinely great person – but terrible at business. 

His dad was all of the former too, but was a savvy decision-maker who could seem ruthless when he had to make a tough decision - and got the big calls right more often than not. 

I'm torn.

Top offers an ethically sound form of ownership (compare to the murderous and misogynistic hierarchy at Newcastle), but also pretty abysmal decision-making which is likely to consign us to the Championship for the foreseeable future.

If the option would be a dodgy ownership which bends the rules (Man City), is obnoxious (Chelsea), is driven by self-interest (Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool), or is only in it for the sports-washing (Newcastle) but would guarantee success, which would I opt for?

It's a tough one. 

• Like 2