Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Top deserves a lot more blame. You either back your leaders or you sack them. We did neither, in the summer we hamstrung our manager but kept him on regardless. The club were clearly trying to get to this summer on the cheap and do the rebuild then, and it has backfired in the worst way possible. 

Sacking Rodgers has shown there was zero succession plan. If anything I feel like it 's just made it worse.

Sadly Top has made several awful decisions since the FA Cup win, and the results of them lead to relegation and financial uncertainty. 

This.

Top and his board hold blame here - more so than Rodgers. Starting with work done post Covid. Expecting losses and yet decision taken then (albeit with hindsight) are baffling. 

They’ve led (if you can call it that) and with emotion rather than logic. Taken risk without proper calculation. This hasn’t just creeped up. 

The club will pay for this level of stupidity for many years to come. The rebuild is going to be painful. 

• Like 4

It’s almost like he has thought that looking after everyone and seeing the best in everyone, like he thought his dad did, has meant everyone has taken him completely for a ride.

Lacks any form of ruthlessness and it’s completely ****ed us. 

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s been a string of poor decisions over the last 4 years that have cost the club. It is clear there is a lack of footballing knowledge at the highest level, which costs us time and time again.

19/20 January and we are flying in the league, a little gamble here and we could be playing CL football. What do we do bring in Ryan Bennett on loan. Rodgers got a lot of flack for how we ran out of stream at the end of that season, but any sort of investment in Jan could have kicked us on.

We just missed out and could look to invest? We bring in Castagne, Fofana and Under on loan in the summer.

January comes around again, we are still in Europe, fully in the knowledge we ran out of steam the season before and again no investment in the playing side.

It’s these key moments that the board have failed to take a gamble and back the team again and again. 
We did invest at the start of 21/20 which was possibly our worst transfer window - again many blamed Rodgers, and he and the recruitment team has to take some of the blame, but who was handing out those ridiculous contracts?

Flash forward to the start of this season and a third of the squad are out of contract  at seasons end. We are losing millions of pounds worth of talent for free and don’t have the players with the commitment to the club.

Anyone who watched us that season knew we needed a refresh, we needed to get players out the door and replace them - it didn’t happen again.

Every time this squad had needed something it hasn’t arrived.

Add this to the way fans have been treated and some of the weird off field decisions, the medical department and something is clearly wrong. 

This is not all on Top, but the board of directors, Whelan, Rudkin, Rodgers, Congerton and others at a high level.

Rodgers for me, was a small part of the problem and more heads need to role before we will get any better.

Looking at the state we are in now and the fact that our recruitment is so shit, that might have been a blessing.

Keeping Rudkin as the gatekeeper on recruitment has been a disaster.

10 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

By all accounts, Top is a beautiful human being and a genuinely great person – but terrible at business. 

His dad was all of the former too, but was a savvy decision-maker who could seem ruthless when he had to make a tough decision - and got the big calls right more often than not. 

I'm torn.

Top offers an ethically sound form of ownership (compare to the murderous and misogynistic hierarchy at Newcastle), but also pretty abysmal decision-making which is likely to consign us to the Championship for the foreseeable future.

If the option would be a dodgy ownership which bends the rules (Man City), is obnoxious (Chelsea), is driven by self-interest (Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool), or is only in it for the sports-washing (Newcastle) but would guarantee success, which would I opt for?

It's a tough one. 

The dream is a Tony Bloom / Matt Benham. That's basically my ideal ownership. They're two clubs who will be in this league for years - longer than our 9 years I'd suspect.

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Lot of people on here and journalists now pointing out issues that they were ignoring and denying lol

Its hilarious to see

Every fear I had, I was being too kind all along. It's far worse than even I imagined.

Top's only way of recovering this is an overhaul at board level. If he finally saw through Rodgers, then maybe there is hope he sees through Rudkin/Whelan too.

6 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Did anyone see his reaction at the end of the game? Him, rudderlesskin snd some other dude looked shell shocked. I’m actually shocked to see they are shocked.

just what were they exactly thinking would happen? I’m fact what were they thinking for the past bloody 3 months?

They’ve been denying reality and blowing smoke up each other. 

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Every fear I had, I was being too kind all along. It's far worse than even I imagined.

Top's only way of recovering this is an overhaul at board level. If he finally saw through Rodgers, then maybe there is hope he sees through Rudkin/Whelan too.

Well he won't get rid of Whelan, and to get rid of Rudkin, he would have to get Rudkins tongue surgically removed from his arse!

Guest Chocolate Teapot
13 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Should sell training ground to cover relegation losses.

Can't think of any sporting side in the Midlands that could afford it or need it. An enormous white elephant.

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s been a string of poor decisions over the last 4 years that have cost the club. It is clear there is a lack of footballing knowledge at the highest level, which costs us time and time again.

19/20 January and we are flying in the league, a little gamble here and we could be playing CL football. What do we do bring in Ryan Bennett on loan. Rodgers got a lot of flack for how we ran out of stream at the end of that season, but any sort of investment in Jan could have kicked us on.

We just missed out and could look to invest? We bring in Castagne, Fofana and Under on loan in the summer.

January comes around again, we are still in Europe, fully in the knowledge we ran out of steam the season before and again no investment in the playing side.

It’s these key moments that the board have failed to take a gamble and back the team again and again. 
We did invest at the start of 21/20 which was possibly our worst transfer window - again many blamed Rodgers, and he and the recruitment team has to take some of the blame, but who was handing out those ridiculous contracts?

Flash forward to the start of this season and a third of the squad are out of contract  at seasons end. We are losing millions of pounds worth of talent for free and don’t have the players with the commitment to the club.

Anyone who watched us that season knew we needed a refresh, we needed to get players out the door and replace them - it didn’t happen again.

Every time this squad had needed something it hasn’t arrived.

Add this to the way fans have been treated and some of the weird off field decisions, the medical department and something is clearly wrong. 

This is not all on Top, but the board of directors, Whelan, Rudkin, Rodgers, Congerton and others at a high level.

Rodgers for me, was a small part of the problem and more heads need to role before we will get any better.

Totaly agree, think the January we are signing bennett Man U paid £60m for Fernandes and pipped us. And even when castagne and fofana came in that was pretty much paid for by selling Chilwell, we didn’t spend any money on transfers as a club - and yet people expected us to carry on chasing top 4. 

The way the club are treating fans is really gonna start biting them in the ass when they are in the championship desperate for income as well 

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I’m not sure Whelan can be blamed too much for this, it’s all on the footballing side. 

I know he lives and breathes LCFC but Rudkin is so obviously out of his depth, it's baffling why Top has placed so much faith and trust in him. Mistakes galore in contracts and signings and still he seems untouchable. Something is very wrong within the club. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Fazzer 7 said:

I know he lives and breathes LCFC but Rudkin is so obviously out of his depth, it's baffling why Top has placed so much faith and trust in him. Mistakes galore in contracts and signings and still he seems untouchable. Something is very wrong within the club. 

Nail. On. The. Head.

14 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Can't think of any sporting side in the Midlands that could afford it or need it. An enormous white elephant.

Furthermore it’s not a second hand car  - there is a limited market for a second hand training ground.

they need to get rid of belvoir drive and move the women into Seagrave, or fold the women’s side altogether - there’s £4m a season saved already 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Furthermore it’s not a second hand car  - there is a limited market for a second hand training ground.

they need to get rid of belvoir drive and move the women into Seagrave, or fold the women’s side altogether - there’s £4m a season saved already 

Surely housing land considering relaxation of planning  and it being a residential area. I'm sure the women's team will be in jeopardy,  sad times

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The dream is a Tony Bloom / Matt Benham. That's basically my ideal ownership. They're two clubs who will be in this league for years - longer than our 9 years I'd suspect.

yep. not really a surprise that two guys who made their money through professional gambling and a really heavy obsession with data analysis are always making the right moves and have been for years. They've got lists of ideal replacements for every scenario and get managers out when casual observers can't believe it (Houghton at Brighton anyone?), meanwhile we're run by a bunch of chancers who have no long range plan and no preparation for any circumstances 

• Like 1