Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

10 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

What do people think of the possibility that top is requesting we play a certain way?  We changed things up for villa and I felt up until the red card we were more competitive, finally looked dangerous going forward, then reverted to tripe for the Bournemouth game, even conceding our goal on one of the many back passes.

Er …….

no

• Haha 1

The more info that comes out every day the more horrific this is all looking. We thought the people running our club were super smart and always one step ahead planning for every scenario and having a bold vision. Now it’s looking all like smoke and mirrors. They really don’t have a clue do they?

bloody hell -  that new fans charter needed to have activated straight away so we can get in front of these muppets and ask them what the hell they are all doing in their corporate backrooms? They are like the characters from Richmond FC on a certain ted lasso tv show!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

What do people think of the possibility that top is requesting we play a certain way?  We changed things up for villa and I felt up until the red card we were more competitive, finally looked dangerous going forward, then reverted to tripe for the Bournemouth game, even conceding our goal on one of the many back passes.

No chance, bloke owns a duty free monopoly and is not qualified to call the shots on footballing matters.

2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

People won’t want to hear it and I’ll get pelters for it so I’ll leave it here and pop off: 

The whole ownership has been a big sportswashing exercise since they bought from Mandaric, and it’s been incredible luck we got as far as we did before our downturn.

To preface: they never shied away from investment and putting money into the local community which I will give them credit for, they aren’t the Oystons or SISU and it would be revisionist to say so. That however is exactly what Sheikh Mansour has done with Man City or the Saudis have started in Newcastle. Granted they are nowhere near as corrupt and frankly backwards of either of those families, the extremely dodgy links to the Thai royal family and issues of corruption and repression of opposition with that regime sticks. 

On the football side, let’s take an honest view at it, with the facts or more likely theories of every action at the time it happened: 

2010: The Thais buy the club from Mandaric, and a hortly before this Pearson had been sacked the first time and replaced with Paolo Sousa. The nature of the sacking was never actually revealed but the two likely explanations were that either Mandaric thought this would make Leicester a more attractive proposition than Pearson, the other rumour was that it was a direct request from the Thais as part of the agreement to buy the club. 

October 2010: Sousa is sacked and replaced Sven. On the face of it, with the sacking of a foreign manager with a history of success to replace with another foreign manager with a larger (but also more distant) history of success this would lend credence to the suggestion that perhaps it was the Thais who ordered Pearson’s initial sacking for a more ‘appealing’ manager. Massive sums of money are spent to achieve promotion. 

November 2011: following a midtable finish and an average start, Sven is sacked and replaced by Pearson. This is rightfully considered one of the Thais’ best decisions within the club, and with the eventual success of the move would begin a period in which the ownership were seen as shrewd and patient in their running of the club, rewarding managers with time should results not go their way. They would also grant Pearson full control of the playing side of the club, introducing new scouting measures under Steve Walsh and a focus on sports science and recovery. Whilst these moves were correct, it has to be asked whether it was indeed a true understanding of what made Pearson successful, or simply going back to what they knew worked before their purchase of the club, as Pearson’s 5th place finish in 2009/10 had not been replicated since. 

July 2015: Following the Thailand scandal, Pearson is sacked and the replacement is… Claudio Ranieri? With the benefit of hindsight this move is lauded as genius, but of course anyone who was a supporter at the time was scratching their head. The ownership has reverted to type: a foreign manager with a history of success. However this one seemed in decline following a poor run of postings, being sacked by Greece following defeat to the Faroe Islands. Of course now we know that this proved an inspired choice, and with a perfect storm the rest proved history. However, my argument is this: with a managerial appointment history which reads as following: 

-Foreign manager of recent success

-Foreign manager of somewhat recent success, seemingly in decline

-The manager sacked on their purchase of the club, who had outperformed their appointments up to that point

-Foreign manager of distancing success seemingly in decline

Does this read as an ownership whose finger was on the pulse, with a shortlist of up and coming managers, proactively updated should a change be required? Or an ownership lurching from manager to manager on a simplified, seemingly uninformed motif and lucked upon a 5,000/1 jackpot?

I won’t continue for every manager, but you can clearly identify Shakespeare as ‘part of the old Pearson set-up that worked’ (similar to Pearson’s reappointment) and  Puel, again, as a foreign manager whose success once upon a time was lauded, but had become somewhat stale. 

Rodger’s appointment was somewhat in opposition to previous appointments, and marked a decision seemingly to build on successes from the 2015/16 campaign and the Champion’s League Quarter Final that followed. Whilst we showed progress initially, this was quickly scuppered when two seasons, back-to-back, top four finishes had been thrown away from positions that required midtable form to achieve. Signs of Brendan’s previous reign at Liverpool begun to show, and many would suggest he should have gone at least 18 months ago. However this was the ownership’s biggest project since Pearson’s second run, and the appointment of his former Liverpool colleague Lee Congerton, as well as sacking of physio Dave Rennie, proved this the case. However both these moves proved disastrous following poor transfer dealings and piling injury lists. Still, Pearson-esque leniency was awarded, up until the situation we now find ourselves in. 

Furthermore, the board seemingly remains near untouched since the Championship days, and all financial strategy was put into Champion’s League football which was failed. Continued employment of the likes of Jon Rudkin following embarrassing incidents like the signing of Adrien Silva, suggests an almost complete reliance on these figures making them near unsackable. 

With all that in mind I’m convinced that an almighty turn of luck in Ranieri has turned what was ownership of subpar to downright poor strategising and understanding of football and wider context within the game, albeit with generous investment and understanding of financial sensibilities with Vichai, into an entity that is now straight up worshipped by a sizeable portion of Leicester supporters, which has only gotten worse since the tragic death of Vichai. Either way without a complete change in character, I’m extremely worried about our future, future parachute payments tied up against loans with seemingly no culpability, no sense of foresight and a supporter base happy to let it happen in front of them. 

I’m a little dim but are you saying that the family bought the club to protect king power as an operation in Thailand  and se asia ???

Edited by st albans fox

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I've said it for years, this labourious, tedious, slow possession for the sake of possession remit comes from someone within the club.

Whether that be Top, Rudkin, whomever.

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've said it for years, this labourious, tedious, slow possession for the sake of possession remit comes from someone within the club.

I do find it odd we changed for villa then suddenly changed back, that seemed like someone intervened. 

The earlier replies suggesting no because Top is too busy for that, he doesnt need much time to send a message to the manager.

If its Rudkin it would only be because Rudkin himself has been instructed in my opinion, this would be owner intervention in my view.  There is many confirmed cases in football of owner intervention on style of play and in some cases going even further.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I’m a little dim but are you saying that the family bought the club to protect king power as an operation in Thailand  and se asia ???

To protect? No not necessarily, I imagine to perhaps to enhance their brand in the European market primarily. But at the same time, they’re known to have close links to a very dubious monarchy and it’s been hinted that they could be under some scrutiny should power ever be wrested from them. Yet they’ve closely cultivated an image over here, with the free giveaways and investment in the broader community, to the point that you ask anyone about them the first thing they’ll point out is how good owners they are. 

It may be they could have purely good intentions, however the fact  they’re investing here whilst using links to a dubious regime to further their monopoly in Thailand is the very definition of sportswashing.

On 08/04/2023 at 23:25, Aus Fox said:

It’s been a string of poor decisions over the last 4 years that have cost the club. It is clear there is a lack of footballing knowledge at the highest level, which costs us time and time again.

19/20 January and we are flying in the league, a little gamble here and we could be playing CL football. What do we do bring in Ryan Bennett on loan. Rodgers got a lot of flack for how we ran out of stream at the end of that season, but any sort of investment in Jan could have kicked us on.

We just missed out and could look to invest? We bring in Castagne, Fofana and Under on loan in the summer.

January comes around again, we are still in Europe, fully in the knowledge we ran out of steam the season before and again no investment in the playing side.

It’s these key moments that the board have failed to take a gamble and back the team again and again. 
We did invest at the start of 21/20 which was possibly our worst transfer window - again many blamed Rodgers, and he and the recruitment team has to take some of the blame, but who was handing out those ridiculous contracts?

Flash forward to the start of this season and a third of the squad are out of contract  at seasons end. We are losing millions of pounds worth of talent for free and don’t have the players with the commitment to the club.

Anyone who watched us that season knew we needed a refresh, we needed to get players out the door and replace them - it didn’t happen again.

Every time this squad had needed something it hasn’t arrived.

Add this to the way fans have been treated and some of the weird off field decisions, the medical department and something is clearly wrong. 

This is not all on Top, but the board of directors, Whelan, Rudkin, Rodgers, Congerton and others at a high level.

Rodgers for me, was a small part of the problem and more heads need to role before we will get any better.

Same thing happened in the winter window on his title run at Liverpool. A right winger no less by the name of Mohammed Salah. Owner probably screwed him out of a title that season and a possible world class striker the next. Sold to Chelsea for a million more.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

People won’t want to hear it and I’ll get pelters for it so I’ll leave it here and pop off: 

The whole ownership has been a big sportswashing exercise since they bought from Mandaric, and it’s been incredible luck we got as far as we did before our downturn.

To preface: they never shied away from investment and putting money into the local community which I will give them credit for, they aren’t the Oystons or SISU and it would be revisionist to say so. That however is exactly what Sheikh Mansour has done with Man City or the Saudis have started in Newcastle. Granted they are nowhere near as corrupt and frankly backwards of either of those families, the extremely dodgy links to the Thai royal family and issues of corruption and repression of opposition with that regime sticks. 

On the football side, let’s take an honest view at it, with the facts or more likely theories of every action at the time it happened: 

2010: The Thais buy the club from Mandaric, and a hortly before this Pearson had been sacked the first time and replaced with Paolo Sousa. The nature of the sacking was never actually revealed but the two likely explanations were that either Mandaric thought this would make Leicester a more attractive proposition than Pearson, the other rumour was that it was a direct request from the Thais as part of the agreement to buy the club. 

October 2010: Sousa is sacked and replaced Sven. On the face of it, with the sacking of a foreign manager with a history of success to replace with another foreign manager with a larger (but also more distant) history of success this would lend credence to the suggestion that perhaps it was the Thais who ordered Pearson’s initial sacking for a more ‘appealing’ manager. Massive sums of money are spent to achieve promotion. 

November 2011: following a midtable finish and an average start, Sven is sacked and replaced by Pearson. This is rightfully considered one of the Thais’ best decisions within the club, and with the eventual success of the move would begin a period in which the ownership were seen as shrewd and patient in their running of the club, rewarding managers with time should results not go their way. They would also grant Pearson full control of the playing side of the club, introducing new scouting measures under Steve Walsh and a focus on sports science and recovery. Whilst these moves were correct, it has to be asked whether it was indeed a true understanding of what made Pearson successful, or simply going back to what they knew worked before their purchase of the club, as Pearson’s 5th place finish in 2009/10 had not been replicated since. 

July 2015: Following the Thailand scandal, Pearson is sacked and the replacement is… Claudio Ranieri? With the benefit of hindsight this move is lauded as genius, but of course anyone who was a supporter at the time was scratching their head. The ownership has reverted to type: a foreign manager with a history of success. However this one seemed in decline following a poor run of postings, being sacked by Greece following defeat to the Faroe Islands. Of course now we know that this proved an inspired choice, and with a perfect storm the rest proved history. However, my argument is this: with a managerial appointment history which reads as following: 

-Foreign manager of recent success

-Foreign manager of somewhat recent success, seemingly in decline

-The manager sacked on their purchase of the club, who had outperformed their appointments up to that point

-Foreign manager of distancing success seemingly in decline

Does this read as an ownership whose finger was on the pulse, with a shortlist of up and coming managers, proactively updated should a change be required? Or an ownership lurching from manager to manager on a simplified, seemingly uninformed motif and lucked upon a 5,000/1 jackpot?

I won’t continue for every manager, but you can clearly identify Shakespeare as ‘part of the old Pearson set-up that worked’ (similar to Pearson’s reappointment) and  Puel, again, as a foreign manager whose success once upon a time was lauded, but had become somewhat stale. 

Rodger’s appointment was somewhat in opposition to previous appointments, and marked a decision seemingly to build on successes from the 2015/16 campaign and the Champion’s League Quarter Final that followed. Whilst we showed progress initially, this was quickly scuppered when two seasons, back-to-back, top four finishes had been thrown away from positions that required midtable form to achieve. Signs of Brendan’s previous reign at Liverpool begun to show, and many would suggest he should have gone at least 18 months ago. However this was the ownership’s biggest project since Pearson’s second run, and the appointment of his former Liverpool colleague Lee Congerton, as well as sacking of physio Dave Rennie, proved this the case. However both these moves proved disastrous following poor transfer dealings and piling injury lists. Still, Pearson-esque leniency was awarded, up until the situation we now find ourselves in. 

Furthermore, the board seemingly remains near untouched since the Championship days, and all financial strategy was put into Champion’s League football which was failed. Continued employment of the likes of Jon Rudkin following embarrassing incidents like the signing of Adrien Silva, suggests an almost complete reliance on these figures making them near unsackable. 

With all that in mind I’m convinced that an almighty turn of luck in Ranieri has turned what was ownership of subpar to downright poor strategising and understanding of football and wider context within the game, albeit with generous investment and understanding of financial sensibilities with Vichai, into an entity that is now straight up worshipped by a sizeable portion of Leicester supporters, which has only gotten worse since the tragic death of Vichai. Either way without a complete change in character, I’m extremely worried about our future, future parachute payments tied up against loans with seemingly no culpability, no sense of foresight and a supporter base happy to let it happen in front of them. 

Never read so much clap trap in my life - this club has never had better owners - Top maybe needs support but he has multiple business challenges and family ones too but the above is garbage !!

We will never ever experience anything the like again and about every club except the Big 6 would swap places with us - the level of entitlement in our fans is unbelievable 

• Like 1

On 08/04/2023 at 17:07, EnglishOxide said:

Before anybody comments on the bloke and the decisions or lack of decisions he makes, how about you recognise that the trauma he has been through is like nothing you can relate to.

Criticism is fine and fair, but personal abuse over football is bang out of order IMO considering the success he and his family have brought us regardless of our position now.

You don’t think anyone here can relate to losing a parent?

21 hours ago, Matt said:

Its some idiot with a hard on for Tika taka, for a time the England set up was going the same way without anyone in the set up realising that the style is now very outdated and it only ever worked with world class once in a generation players. 

Its about time the person who’s pushing it at LCFC realised this too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Any defence of Top and KP is purely Nostalgia based at this point

We make Everton look competent at present 

Its pretty much cult mentality at this point, i’ve seen some absolutely vile abuse go out to people on socials that are questioning KP. 

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

Its pretty much cult mentality at this point, i’ve seen some absolutely vile abuse go out to people on socials that are questioning KP. 

We’ll be playing in front of 15,000 in league 1 (with 6,000 banned for insulting the club on Twitter) and they’ll be people still calling them the envy of the rest of football

The minority that were going on about the KPFC cult thing 5 or 6 years ago were definitely on to something back then

• Like 1