Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

Just now, Mendi said:

He has to sell up.

Naa......just needs more competent  staff under him....better DOF, Whelan has to assess her position at the club and need a change from the job for life brigade in Stowell/Stadler and the rest of those Academy staff members who aren't up for it but getting a nice comfy salary 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

You suspect that things could get worse for KP, and its relationship with the fans, unless there's something of an overhaul at all levels. I don't know whether it's been complacency or just a series of massive miscalculations, but the poor practice has been clear to see.

On balance, they've been good owners, so you hope they'll turn things around. But their role in our success has been overstated too. Pearson took us 28 points up the league as manager, 17 of which occurred before KP came along. And when Claudio took his side and won the league with it, that wasn't down to the owners' immense investment. That was the whole reason for our achievement being so incredible - we didn't buy it. We were signing the world's best players for next to nothing, and that wasn't down to Top, or Vichai.

But still, Top's been very good for us, and I hope he's able to see how drastically things need to change now.

This, i dont think Vichai deserves all the credit he gets and Top doesnt deserve all the flak.

We had some horrible transfer windows under Vichai and some horrible decisions, we hired managers like Sven and Puel, we had transfer windows like 16/17. We were never as well run while Vichai was around as was made out, we just got lucky with Pearson who was brilliant at restructuring the club and dressing room mentality and also that 2018 transfer window. If i remember correctly it was Top that vouched for rehiring Pearson and Vichai was against it.

Vichai also never had to deal with the issues that Top has faced, such as his own death and Covid. I think that if Vichai was still around we probably still be on the way down as a club, although the fall might not have been as dramatic.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Be careful what you wish for, we could have Mike Ashley as an owner :ph34r:

I know you’re saying it as a joke but for anyone who does truly believe Ashley is worse, please give me 5 reasons why Top isn’t as bad. And saying he smiles and waves isn’t one. 

• Like 1

Overstayed his welcome and needs to sell up now.

Those that worship him like he’s some sort of god need to wake up and smell the coffee. The current state of the club is entirely his fault. 

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I’ve woken up this morning really angry at him, I really think he hasn’t got a clue and I think we’re gonna be struggling in the Championship. 

It’s ok. Think of those sad souls who have woken up and still hero worship this guy. Now that’s someone with issues.

10 minutes ago, Dames said:

Overstayed his welcome and needs to sell up now.

Those that worship him like he’s some sort of god need to wake up and smell the coffee. The current state of the club is entirely his fault. 

Not worship but respect. The family one way or another has given our club it's best years ever.

That to me deserves some respect.

Not you but I've seen comments like

"The cvnt needs to fvck off now"

None of us are happy about our situation, but that doesn't mean we totally disrespect the people that have given us our best years.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Not worship but respect. The family one way or another has given our club it's best years ever.

That to me deserves some respect.

Not you but I've seen comments like

"The cvnt needs to fvck off now"

None of us are happy about our situation, but that doesn't mean we totally disrespect the people that have given us our best years.

I see your point and agree with part about calling him a cvnt.

The reality is however is that he is out of his depth and the respect can only mask that for so long. Will always be grateful for what they’ve helped us achieve but this relegation and the circumstances around it will forever be a huge stain. If we don’t want things to get worse we have to demand change now because there is absolutely no evidence at this moment in time the current ownership have the faintest clue about turning this around. Their best idea seems to be ‘lets do Rodgers over again’ but with a cheap imitation. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dames said:

I see your point and agree with part about calling him a cvnt.

The reality is however is that he is out of his depth and the respect can only mask that for so long. Will always be grateful for what they’ve helped us achieve but this relegation and the circumstances around it will forever be a huge stain. If we don’t want things to get worse we have to demand change now because there is absolutely no evidence at this moment in time the current ownership have the faintest clue about turning this around. Their best idea seems to be ‘lets do Rodgers over again’ but with a cheap imitation. 

I don't get how fans can " demand " anything. " we " don't own the club or have any say in how it's run and never will. I'm certain the owners know how we feel already and it adds nothing to be calling Top a ****.I understand all the condemnation from the fans as to how we even got into this mess it's understandable that we vent our frustrations on here, but the level of hatred is embarrassing when you consider that during their ownership we won the ultimate prize of the premier league  ( the best and most unlikely one ever )and the most cherished prized of our supporters the F.A cup. The one thing a guarantee is we would never ever have won either without them.

All clubs go through good and bad times, none more so than us and this is one of them. If we go down and it looks like we will it will just be the old case for us of dusting ourselves off and starting all over again. We have done it before and we will do it again.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I have sympathy for him in the sense that he is clearly a nice guy and I don't believe he's done anything intentionally but he's been blinded by loyalty and surrounded himself with people who have constantly told him that it will be ok. In football you need to be ruthless and proactive, and Top has been neither. 

He, or his decision makers, have made huge mistakes in terms of recruitment, last summer was a disgrace when it was clear we needed to start the squad rebuild. That falls under Top, Rudkin and Rodgers. 

If the desire and finances are still there then I'd happily give Top the opportunity to turn this around but he needs to make changes to his team and learn from mistakes. The guy lost his father in tragic circumstances and I don't think we can underestimate the impact this can have, his life has been fast forwarded and he probably isn't ready, and then you add in that you have to keep returning to the site where it all happened. Then you add in the fact he's had to deal with impact of the pandemic. 

He isn't blameless and criticism is fully justified, but I do find the personal attacks on him a bit much. 

This is a perfect analysis of the current situation. 

• Like 1