Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

I know all of this is fault but I think he will make it right next season even if we are in the championship

If he doesn't he needs to sell up, but I think , due to the family history with the club, he will try and put it right, I hope he does

• Haha 1

It amuses me that fans seem to think we can somehow get rid of the owner: that way lies madness...

Someone else 'finding the money' to buy the club is merely one part of what is needed, the horrible alternative being assets stripped and the club sold on and on to decline (hello, Kettering Town)... 

11 hours ago, nnfox said:

There is a sense that either Rudkin isn't doing his job properly and giving poor advice to Top, in which case Rudkin has to go.  OR Rudkin IS doing his job and giving sound advice but Top is ignoring him, in which case there is no point in Rudkin being here in the first place.

....you would have to say, if selling and buying a player and contracts needs to be rubber stamped by Khun Top, then Whelan and Rudkin do not need to be here!!!

It does not matter who takes up the roles of Cheif Executive or DoF, if they are not allowed to do their roles then it is a nominal positionat best. I am sure decisions are relayed to Top prior to implementation,  but I do not see why he would need to be the sole arbiter in this.

It is obvious that managerial sacking are his purview, we can all see what difficulties are caused when only one person is allowed to swing the axe.

We were purchased originally to promote the “fox hunt” project in Thailand weren’t we? 

We have achieved some great things, however I don’t think the dream to push us into being a top of the league club was ever the ambition really once the helicopter tragedy happened. We captured lightning in a bottle for that title win and we’ve never really replicated that recruitment strategy since, let’s be honest. 

We’ve been a money pit ever since 16/17 and it’s taken Top pouring his own money in to make us complaint with FFP. 

I’d imagine they’ll be some soul

searching when the inevitable happens with relegation against West Ham. He either need to be more ruthless, or we need to accept the fact we aren’t going to compete at the table. 

We’ve still been a great investment to King Power though and they’ll make a handsome profit on selling the club, even if we are in the Championship. 

Once the stadium is updated, we have an amazing training ground etc. We might just become an option for someone who is filthy rich that needs to splash money as a hobby! 

11 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I think he puts too much emphasis on his personal relationships with senior figures on the football side.

I was reading a bit of Jonathon Northcroft's book on our title win and it says that Ranieri's agent touted his name to Premier League and Championship clubs that summer and no one was interested. We finally agreed to an interview and Ranieri charmed Top with stories of some of the players that he's managed, like Batistuta. They hit off, he got a second interview with Vichai and he got the job. Now, obviously, we are all thankful for that because of what happened, but it's an odd strategy when appointing managers. It was also said that Puel impressed in meetings with Vichai and Top, which is why he got the job...when I don't think any other Premier League team would have touched him.

Add to that the inability to part ways with Rodgers because they had a brotherly relationship (Brendan's words) and the obvious bond with Rudkin, and it's a worrying lack of ruthlessness.

I think Vichai had more of a ruthless streak. He knew when enough was enough. Top needs to learn that these appointments aren't about family or friendship, they are about what is best for the club. The fans don't care how close he is to the manager or the DoF and that closeness makes little difference to their abilities to do the job.

Interesting and a more than a little worrying - Top needs to get some proper Football people at the club and dispense with the people who have failed this season.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 2

He's incredibly loyal in a business full of snakes. If you are running anything and everyone reporting up to you is just blowing smoke, claiming credit for the good stuff and throwing people who are a threat to them under the bus (Cags,Kasper,Vardy) just to keep taking your money and being in your inner circle well you end up with Stalin and Kim Jong Un type nonsense because nobody wants to tell you anything bad so your kingdom crumbles as you have a distorted view of what is actually happening behind the scenes. Obviously he is the opposite of Stalin and Kim Jong Un. He is a really good, generous, kind hearted person but if everyone around you is lying the result ends the same they are solely worried about their jobs which they would get nowhere else and upsetting the goose laying the golden eggs rather than their lives. This has been coming for almost two years. Someone should have sounded the alarm. Perhaps Kasper would have been the one to tell the owner the truth and that's why he was out the door. If he stays we stay up. I watched him the other night and that was not a man that wanted out of Leicester and he definitely misses the club. 

Edited by desertfox2
KS
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sly said:

We were purchased originally to promote the “fox hunt” project in Thailand weren’t we? 

We have achieved some great things, however I don’t think the dream to push us into being a top of the league club was ever the ambition really once the helicopter tragedy happened. We captured lightning in a bottle for that title win and we’ve never really replicated that recruitment strategy since, let’s be honest. 

We’ve been a money pit ever since 16/17 and it’s taken Top pouring his own money in to make us complaint with FFP. 

I’d imagine they’ll be some soul

searching when the inevitable happens with relegation against West Ham. He either need to be more ruthless, or we need to accept the fact we aren’t going to compete at the table. 

We’ve still been a great investment to King Power though and they’ll make a handsome profit on selling the club, even if we are in the Championship. 

Once the stadium is updated, we have an amazing training ground etc. We might just become an option for someone who is filthy rich that needs to splash money as a hobby! 

Hindsight is always totally clear but looking at it now we got the two projects around the wrong way. They should have done the stadium first with the additional non match day revenue and increased capacity then the training ground. Our FFP would be way better and its not like the training ground has returned any money or results on the pitch. 

16 hours ago, Tuna said:

I'm ok with his ownership if he owns what has happened, does the right thing and gets a proper structure at the club IE sacking Rudkin for a start and bankrolls a promotion push.

We can blame Rodgers and Rudkin's poor decisions but ultimately Top signs the cheques and could have changed things and we are where we are now.

Same. But I'm virtually certain he won't.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I think it’s clear as day this current consortium can’t run the club properly.

But now we’re going down, who the hell would want to buy us? 

I touched up on this in the other thread.

Seagrave automatically makes us more expensive to buy and it has questionable value.

KP also notorious for been tough negotiators, so would want a few hundred million at least I think, despite the state of the finances.

I think sold or not, we need to stabilise finances first even if it means a few seasons of little investment.

This is a big moment for Top.  Surely he can see he cannot rely on Rudkin.  If he is to show some steel he must bring in a the right help (not someone recommended from mates at a london night club).  he need to select a manager he can invest in....

If we are relegated then I would hire Robbins.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I touched up on this in the other thread.

Seagrave automatically makes us more expensive to buy and it has questionable value.

KP also notorious for been tough negotiators, so would want a few hundred million at least I think, despite the state of the finances.

I think sold or not, we need to stabilise finances first even if it means a few seasons of little investment.

It would take a sale price around 400m for KP to break even on their total investment over the years (cost of buying the club + loans wrote off). If Top/KP were looking to see they might stick around for a season or two in the hope we get promoted back to the top flight and push up the sale price to at least break even. 

Top is ultimately responsible. I appreciate Covid meant his focus was elsewhere, but he should of put measures/people in place at City that compensated for his lack of involvement. 

That said, we all make mistakes and hopefully he’ll recognise the ones he has made. I do think a major change in senior non footballing management is needed. 

• Thanks 1

Having appointed Rodgers as his first call wearing the big trousers, he was understandably reluctant to pull the plug and admit it had gone wrong, especially with the whole admittance of failing with the transfer gamble too. But the delay in sacking Rodgers will only be further compounded if he doesn't then fire Rudkin in June. It doesn't matter that Jon is his trusted advisor and has always been around to give him an opinion, as DoF the failure of the football side is squarely on him.The first team are dropping out the PL, the academy side are relegated already and the women's team are on the brink again. He cannot keep a man in a job overseeing that much failure getting so many key decisions wrong.

If he keeps Rudkin on board and we continue to slide, the focus will be squarely on the owner as the man responsible for taking us backwards.

• Like 4

Guest bennytwohats
2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Having appointed Rodgers as his first call wearing the big trousers, he was understandably reluctant to pull the plug and admit it had gone wrong, especially with the whole admittance of failing with the transfer gamble too. But the delay in sacking Rodgers will only be further compounded if he doesn't then fire Rudkin in June. It doesn't matter that Jon is his trusted advisor and has always been around to give him an opinion, as DoF the failure of the football side is squarely on him.The first team are dropping out the PL, the academy side are relegated already and the women's team are on the brink again. He cannot keep a man in a job overseeing that much failure getting so many key decisions wrong.

If he keeps Rudkin on board and we continue to slide, the focus will be squarely on the owner as the man responsible for taking us backwards.

Well put. These conversations are a bit hard because of the obvious lack of transparency behind the scenes. That said I find it hard to believe that these decisions can be left to individuals to delay as they wish. There should be objective measures in place that prompt decisions like that being made, or at least prompt things like succession plans being drawn up (tbh they should be in place regardless). This sort of stuff seems like pretty basic corporate governance to have in place, and there is no evidence from the outside looking in that we have anything sensible in place at all. Wasting two games looking for a replacement for Brendan and dropping 6 points in winnable games was completely unforgivable for me, it was clear we were just completely winging it.

Staggering really, and I think my mind would only be put at ease by some pretty forthcoming disclosures to the fans about what went wrong and what policies and governance is being put in place to prevent anything like this from happening again. As you say that would surely start with some accountability and personnel changes from those behind the scenes.

Are the fans going to chant for Rudkin and Whelean to be removed? This is their incompetence coming to fruition, many good staff at the club will be sacked because of mismanagement at the highest level. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1