Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

The silence used to be a reassuring strength .... It's now filled with the assumption, that's hard to argue with, that the board is incompetent and clueless.

Without any kind of messaging from Top and his cronies it's really hard to imagine a plan is in place.

What a fall from grace. Did we just get lucky?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

The silence used to be a reassuring strength .... It's now filled with the assumption, that's hard to argue with, that the board is incompetent and clueless.

Without any kind of messaging from Top and his cronies it's really hard to imagine a plan is in place.

What a fall from grace. Did we just get lucky?

We don't hear from Whelan because she spends most of her time abroad. Crazy but true.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

This is a big moment for Top.  Surely he can see he cannot rely on Rudkin.  If he is to show some steel he must bring in a the right help (not someone recommended from mates at a london night club).  he need to select a manager he can invest in....

If we are relegated then I would hire Robbins.

IMG_6585.jpeg

• Haha 1

If you make a decision not to invest in the club, and think you can recycle on the cheap and stay in the premier league, you don’t deserve to run it. Taking all personal tragedies to one side and speaking strictly business, KP have lost control on this club.

Top either needs to understand you can’t run a club like this, and change, or he needs to realise that KP can’t juggle a football club and a business at the same time. 

There’s no room for excuses in this game, it’s ruthless and wrong decisions can have catastrophic consequences. 

Theres a lot of folk suggesting relegation could act as a reset, but this is when clubs either operate within their means, or have vastly more resources than we do (Villa and Newcastle as examples). I don’t think the clubs got it in itself to do it. They will see this as an opportunity to be even more tight, probably try and approach the summer in the same way again, and we will end up with all of the same problems again. 

It’s hard to be positive admittedly when the season has been so poor… but it would be nice to have some reassurance that there’s a plan regardless of what happens. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sly said:

Once the stadium is updated, we have an amazing training ground etc. We might just become an option for someone who is filthy rich that needs to splash money as a hobby! 

...what if it is a Saudi family looking to buy the company, do we then need to question our morals!!!

We as supporters will have no say in who would take over the club, we will have to watch from afar as an unknown business dictates the direction of this club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

If you make a decision not to invest in the club, and think you can recycle on the cheap and stay in the premier league, you don’t deserve to run it. Taking all personal tragedies to one side and speaking strictly business, KP have lost control on this club.

Top either needs to understand you can’t run a club like this, and change, or he needs to realise that KP can’t juggle a football club and a business at the same time. 

There’s no room for excuses in this game, it’s ruthless and wrong decisions can have catastrophic consequences. 

Theres a lot of folk suggesting relegation could act as a reset, but this is when clubs either operate within their means, or have vastly more resources than we do (Villa and Newcastle as examples). I don’t think the clubs got it in itself to do it. They will see this as an opportunity to be even more tight, probably try and approach the summer in the same way again, and we will end up with all of the same problems again. 

It’s hard to be positive admittedly when the season has been so poor… but it would be nice to have some reassurance that there’s a plan regardless of what happens. 

But this was my point about Rudkin.

He's had kudos with the Thais since day one because he was (supposedly) the one who told them to get Pearson back. As DoF he's had some incredible successes in the transfer windows, raking in silly cash for the likes of Schlupp and Drinkwater whilst getting experienced heads like Huth and Evans for peanuts. But as DoF he's the footballing brain here. Let's be frank, Top knows very little about football, the game itself or the business end, he's a novice. I could virtually guarantee no decision is made without Jon's advice being chucked in. He CAN juggle the KP business and LCFC because Rudkin and Whelan are supposed to be his eyes and ears here. So much has gone wrong at every footballing level of this club since the Cup win Top must be questioning WTF that pair are doing. Ultimately Whelan is the CEO but Rudkin is specifically employed to run the football side. If it fails, he's failed.

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

Did we just get lucky?

In a lot of ways, yes. Getting Pearson back after Sven's spending spree. Ranieri coming in despite being 3rd or 4th choice. Picking up Vardy who has been a talisman throughout their time here. They've had a few blessed moments.

• Like 3

This is all tops fault , it all started the 1st year we missed the top four , we were struggling going into the winter transfer window and needed to sign 1-2 players so that YOURI and others didn’t have to play every game , but we didn’t do it , the same thing happened again the next year , NOW if that did not send a message to the players that the boss was not willing to invest to get u into top four , well we are now seeing the results, players unwilling to sign new contracts and leaving for free , they say u get what u sow

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

This is all tops fault , it all started the 1st year we missed the top four , we were struggling going into the winter transfer window and needed to sign 1-2 players so that YOURI and others didn’t have to play every game , but we didn’t do it , the same thing happened again the next year , NOW if that did not send a message to the players that the boss was not willing to invest to get u into top four , well we are now seeing the results, players unwilling to sign new contracts and leaving for free , they say u get what u sow

There is a pretty big difference between not backing the club to break into the top 4 and getting relegated.  That difference is retaining a manager who publicly declares his players are not good enough for over a year.  One led to the other, but you cannot keep going like that and expect things to improve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Phenom said:

You think King Power is clean?

They definitely aren’t.

I think it depends on your own personnel morality levels though. I guess like all things, some Billionaires are significantly worse than others. 

Top has probably been naive, he's had the wool pulled over his eyes by "the snake oil salesman", and he won't be the first or the last to fall for it.  I suspect Vichai would have eventually seen through Rodgers, but he had the experience of creating a multi-billion-dollar business.  Let's just hope Top has learned from this, and he becomes a better wiser owner.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Top has probably been naive, he's had the wool pulled over his eyes by "the snake oil salesman", and he won't be the first or the last to fall for it.  I suspect Vichai would have eventually seen through Rodgers, but he had the experience of creating a multi-billion-dollar business.  Let's just hope Top has learned from this, and he becomes a better wiser owner.

Thought you were talking about Rudkin at first.

• Like 1

He, understandably, cut a well cheesed off figure at Fulham. Sad to see. But not sure he's learnt much if he was prepared to give Marsch the job and now rumoured to be linked to Russell Martin. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I think i remember saying in the Rodgers thread if an owner cant sack a manager, does he have a business running the club?

To me it felt like Top just couldnt do it, whether it was financial or just been too scared to do it, or a howler of a bad judgement call.

Once his Father died.....they the board and the ex manager saw Top as a soft touch and took him for a ride. As someone said before he's been naive and trusted the inept staff to get on with it and run the club while he's been spending to much time abroad 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

34 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I think i remember saying in the Rodgers thread if an owner cant sack a manager, does he have a business running the club?

To me it felt like Top just couldnt do it, whether it was financial or just been too scared to do it, or a howler of a bad judgement call.

Was it easier to sack Puel as more fans were onside with it? I remember thinking he did a good job. Recruitment in football or any business is so so important , we were mid table in January, whereas this season we've been in the bottom half of the table all season.

Edited by Beachyboy

12 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Once his Father died.....they the board and the ex manager saw Top as a soft touch and took him for a ride. As someone said before he's been naive and trusted the inept staff to get on with it and run the club while he's been spending to much time abroad 

Rodgers was never here under vichai ?.

I’m convinced that timing of the sacking of rodgers was purely on a financial basis and whoever was responsible for the delay simply didn’t believe that we could be relegated 

Top's learning. Rudkin is marmite with a lot of success and some serious failures. The management level is stale and needs a refresh, ideally someone to counteract Top's more optimistic nature. I hope Top isn't forced to sell up. The grass isn't always greener and all that. And Top + Vichai genuinely cared about having rapport. Everyone's angry at the moment, but it's temporary. Hope the wiser heads get that message across to Top.

• Like 1

On 10/05/2023 at 01:02, iancognito said:

In a lot of ways, yes. Getting Pearson back after Sven's spending spree. Ranieri coming in despite being 3rd or 4th choice. Picking up Vardy who has been a talisman throughout their time here. They've had a few blessed moments.

You can add Kante to that. He wanted to go to Chelsea but they would not match our offer 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣