Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

6 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

One positive....his horse 'The Foxes' won the Dante Stakes at York,  yesterday.....good price at 6/1. Will be a one of the horses to look out for the upcoming Epsom Derby aswell.

Maybe it's a good omen he won.

What, you mean he might put all his energy and money into horse racing and stay well away from the beautiful game he knows fcuk all about.🙏🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 16/05/2023 at 06:53, SemperEadem said:

Given the recent Thai election results he may have more problems than just football.

Genuine question, In what way ? I always assumed as long as King Power had the King/Royals on side they'd be ok.

It is quite clear that we have been mishandled for at least a couple of years and Top being the owner deserves a lot of flack for allowing this to happen.

However, as a fan base, I think it is reasonable for him to have a little slack cut after what we have achieved since the family took over the club. 

Don't forget the good they have done for Leicester projects not connected with the club.

He does need to act ruthlessly and remove anyone responsible for the malaise that is running throughout the club and reaffirm his commitment to back us next season if he wants to get the fans fully back on side.

If he doesn't, he will deserve all of the anti-feeling he will get and, if he does not want to put his hand in his pocket to get us back up, then do the honourable thing and put the club for sale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

One positive....his horse 'The Foxes' won the Dante Stakes at York,  yesterday.....good price at 6/1. Will be a one of the horses to look out for in the upcoming Epsom Derby aswell.

Maybe it's a good omen he won.

The way he hung a long way across a flat course like york doesn’t bode well for the cambers of Epsom …..

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Genuine question, In what way ? I always assumed as long as King Power had the King/Royals on side they'd be ok.

Democratic Party won the most seats - not big fans of the monarchy being deified although they will have to be pragmatic or the army will become involved again! 

• Like 1

He committed the cardinal sin - thought the club ran itself. Its all good and well to hire good people to run things as you move up the ladder (he hasn't, but you know what I mean) but to completely take your eye off the ball is ridiculous and especially so for as long as he has. Childlike. Idiotic. For him, I hope we do pull something incredible out of the bag - he has his family to answer to but this is truly a lesson he will learn on the job and how he reacts from this will dictate his families future dealings. If we do, I hope the group choose to put someone else in position of chairman - letting him sit in a ceremonial position. Him being at every game since Rodgers has left compared to a selection pre-sacking is no coincidence. This man is under pressure and rightly so. 

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9
On 15/05/2023 at 21:37, MattFox said:

image.thumb.jpeg.ec062a8a8e7e737c0fba42b1c180e3e9.jpeg

He really is clueless. As if you have to watch the game on a small telly when it's right in front of you. 

What is he doing. 

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you would suspect that contracts are in place and it would be honoured!!!

If the contract is to be renewed on a yearly basis, then I can see the problems.

I don’t think business works like that over there. 

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I don’t think business works like that over there. 

...just take a look at this, regarding their duty-free contract!!!

King Power Duty Free was the sole bidder for the contract. It offered the 1.5-billion-baht minimum guarantee (value-added tax excluded) for the first year, which exceeded AoT's expected return in the last year of the concession, he said. The concession would run from Oct 1, 2022 to March 31, 2033.

Frankly Top needs to write some programme notes and explain that he has had the most expensive lesson of his life and that he will never repeat such mistakes again.  Only by showing contrition and resolve will he win the support of disillusioned and frustrated fans.  Without this I fear we may continue to make such massive missteps... I never felt that way under vichai.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Frankly Top needs to write some programme notes and explain that he has had the most expensive lesson of his life and that he will never repeat such mistakes again.  Only by showing contrition and resolves and he win the support of disillusioned and frustrated fans.  Without this I fear we may continue to make such massive missteps... I never felt that way under vichai.

Actions speak louder than words. 

I'd happily him not do any programme notes at all if it means other members of the hierarchy were told to do one. 

That's where I'll see that he's willing to learn a lesson. 

• Like 2