Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

33 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Frankly Top needs to write some programme notes and explain that he has had the most expensive lesson of his life and that he will never repeat such mistakes again.  Only by showing contrition and resolves and he win the support of disillusioned and frustrated fans.  Without this I fear we may continue to make such massive missteps... I never felt that way under vichai.

I can imagine the majority of it, phrases such as “We will return even stronger” and lots of stuff about how “it will only be possible if everyone pulls together”, all generic stuff for our situation. What you’d want is something sincere and personal and reflecting WTF has happened and that it’s disgraceful. We’ll probably get  “No one feels the pain of relegation more than I do”.

We weren’t set up right for the season, that’s something he oversees, “Welcome our summer signing Smithies”…oh that sets us up nicely for a season in the toughest of leagues doesn’t it.

Edited by fazzyfox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

He's made so many mistakes since his dad died, failed to invest to secure top 4.....twice.

succumbing to pressure when rumours circulated ala Rodgers, giving him a stupid contract. can't believe no one with a brain looked at this and asked questions what if....

.....we did not miss out on the top 4 due to a lack of investment, and we did not have the fortitude to get us there, a problem synonymous with Brendan Rodgers!!!

Top would have thought he had picked up the next potentially great manager and sought to cement his father's legacy by tying Rodgers to a long-term contract. It did not work out as he thought, unfortunately, it looks like this decision has brought us down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....we did not miss out on the top 4 due to a lack of investment, and we did not have the fortitude to get us there, a problem synonymous with Brendan Rodgers!!!

Top would have thought he had picked up the next potentially great manager and sought to cement his father's legacy by tying Rodgers to a long-term contract. It did not work out as he thought, unfortunately, it looks like this decision has brought us down.

The top 4 misses were 100% Rodgers bottling it at the end. Those squads were good enough, we were even top at one point. The debacle since then is on Top for allowing it to happen 

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I disagree. Going from memory 1st season we were crying out for a striker to score some goals, think Vardy was out, 2nd season we really needed a right winger/attacking midfielder. We had injuries and we needed jan signings and we didn't make any, if we had we would have secured top 4

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I disagree. Going from memory 1st season we were crying out for a striker to score some goals, think Vardy was out, 2nd season we really needed a right winger/attacking midfielder. We had injuries and we needed jan signings and we didn't make any, if we had we would have secured top 4

...we came back after covid the first time, we had a large lead over teams looking for the top 4, and we went on a long streak where we were not performing we lost out on the last day!!!

In the second season, once again we had a long lead over the teams chasing Champions League places, at one stage we were the only team chasing after Man. City, we then went on another poor run, and this really is not about injuries, this inability to bring ourselves out of poor runs has carried on again this season, we cannot pull ourselves out of a funk, it is inherent in this team, and environment.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

1 hour ago, HybridFox said:

The top 4 misses were 100% Rodgers bottling it at the end. Those squads were good enough, we were even top at one point. The debacle since then is on Top for allowing it to happen 

that’s not strictly true. Especially the first season. We had an injury crisis and failed to bring in suitable reinforcements in january and were left cheap skating it for the wolves 5th choice cb. 

One solid addition probably would have got us over the line. 

I think we felt in a similar position the following year, we could see we were light in midfield and youri needed some competition to give him a bit of a rest and we were just told sorry we can’t recall kdh from his loan…. again, one or 2 players probably would have all but done it. 

It seems to me that the club try’s to cut corners sometimes.  But ironically, the only time they didn’t and fully supported the managers wishes… we ended up with last summer… which looking back was the start of all of this. 

Edited by Lambert09

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

that’s not strictly true. Especially the first season. We had an injury crisis and failed to bring in suitable reinforcements in january and were left cheap skating it for the wolves 5th choice cb. 

One solid addition probably would have got us over the line. 

I think we felt in a similar position the following year, we could see we were light in midfield and youri needed some competition to give him a bit of a rest and we were just told sorry we can’t recall kdh from his loan…. again, one or 2 players probably would have all but done it. 

...cannot say I can go with this!!!

If we are bringing in a 5th choice CB then we had the players in place to bring us home. Just take a look at us now, we fall off at the second part of seasons, we are doing it now, we are unfit and unable to perform to an acceptable standard.

Rodger's boast, that his teams are always stronger at the end of the season now rings hollow, when was the last time you saw this team finishing the season, the same way as they started?

14 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we came back after covid the first time, we had a large lead over teams looking for the top 4, and we went on a long streak where we were not performing we lost out on the last day!!!

In the second season, once again we had a long lead over the teams chasing Champions League places, at one stage we were the only team chasing after Man. City, we then went on another poor run, and this really is not about injuries, this inability to bring ourselves out of poor runs has carried on again this season, we cannot pull ourselves out of a funk, it is inherent in this team, and environment.

Thats football though isn't it, they say you get used to losing and before you know it it's too late, thats why i distinctly remember both those Januarys, we were crying out at that time for 1 or 2 signings to just stir up the squad, both those seasons due to injuries (and what i believe was and is fitness issues), we needed to add to get us over that finishing line

18 hours ago, splinterdream said:

We had Iheanacho to score goals but Rodgers wouldn't play him. When he had to because of injury, he slotted in about 12 goals in less than half a season. At the start of the new season, he was again benched!

Yes we could have done with a right winger but teams don't fail just because they're one position light. Albrighton was available and not used. When he and Mendy played prior to him being loaned out, we saw what both players could do. Again, Rodgers wouldn't play either unless he had to. Also remember that he persisted with Perez way beyond the time that everyone else saw that he was gash in that position, Rodgers blew 30m on him!

All teams have injuries. The bottling was down to Rodgers team selections, poor tactics and bizarre substitutions. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, splinterdream said:

vardy won the golden boot and was never out for that long. the bottle is down to rodgers. look at eddie howe this season, first full season and he gets top 4. i'd say our squad back then is better than this newcastle side

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

What actually is tops remit for the club??? What are we hoping to be or do. That's one of the reasons we're in a mess, cos we don't know what we're fighting to be or aspire to? 

We were meant to be a Prem football club. Unfortunately the message was corrupted last summer when two rumours went around, one saying we were to become a stock car racing car and the other believing we were attempting to be a skydiving ballet troop. It’s no wonder the players have been confused. 

48 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

We had Iheanacho to score goals but Rodgers wouldn't play him. When he had to because of injury, he slotted in about 12 goals in less than half a season. At the start of the new season, he was again benched!

Yes we could have done with a right winger but teams don't fail just because they're one position light. Albrighton was available and not used. When he and Mendy played prior to him being loaned out, we saw what both players could do. Again, Rodgers wouldn't play either unless he had to. Also remember that he persisted with Perez way beyond the time that everyone else saw that he was gash in that position, Rodgers blew 30m on him!

All teams have injuries. The bottling was down to Rodgers team selections, poor tactics and bizarre substitutions. 

Nacho confidence was rock bottom at that time, most on here thought he was gash, I wasn't one of them, i saw his goals pre season and thought he knows where the goal is, nevertheless i dont think nacho alone at that time would have secured us top 4, i wanted us to go for Giroud who was leaving Arse at that time i think, also thought shaqiri from liverpool would have been a sensible move at that time, maybe i was off on that one

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Nacho confidence was rock bottom at that time, most on here thought he was gash, I wasn't one of them, i saw his goals pre season and thought he knows where the goal is, nevertheless i dont think nacho alone at that time would have secured us top 4, i wanted us to go for Giroud who was leaving Arse at that time i think, also thought shaqiri from liverpool would have been a sensible move at that time, maybe i was off on that one

I've always rated Giroud but someone like Rodgers wouldn't buy him out of principle. He wouldn't mirror his precious philosophy. 

Shaqiri always flattered to deceive for me and I would question his attitude outside of Liverpool. 

I always felt sorry for Nacho as most strikers are better with regular appearances yet Rodgers only gave him the odd 10 minutes here and there which wouldn't do much for his confidence. 

• Like 1

Seeing the forest owner...some fat slob.....you can literally see his belly from his shirt. I wonder how much he's worth?

Either way he's got better decision making than the boy king 

8 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I've always rated Giroud but someone like Rodgers wouldn't buy him out of principle. He wouldn't mirror his precious philosophy. 

Shaqiri always flattered to deceive for me and I would question his attitude outside of Liverpool. 

I always felt sorry for Nacho as most strikers are better with regular appearances yet Rodgers only gave him the odd 10 minutes here and there which wouldn't do much for his confidence. 

yeah like his cup run goals not being rewarded with a start, it's amazing he never goth the hump and still plays for us

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HarryDee8 said:

What actually is tops remit for the club??? What are we hoping to be or do. That's one of the reasons we're in a mess, cos we don't know what we're fighting to be or aspire to? 

He doesn’t have one. He, like many (not all) children of successful people thought it would run itself. Without any insight into small things go run to stop the big mistakes that we are seeing now. Top will not have a plan. He will dependant on others. The thing is, to do that you’ve got to have your finger on the pulse on who to hire and why - he hasn’t done the ground work to learn that. We are on fast track one way this fella as owner and especially as all governing chairman. Changing owner is difficult but ensuring the right governance is there should be our aim. Top isn’t that guy no matter how many times he smiles and waves at someone. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He doesn’t have one. He, like many (not all) children of successful people thought it would run itself. Without any insight into small things go run to stop the big mistakes that we are seeing now. Top will not have a plan. He will dependant on others. The thing is, to do that you’ve got to have your finger on the pulse on who to hire and why - he hasn’t done the ground work to learn that. We are on fast track one way this fella as owner and especially as all governing chairman. Changing owner is difficult but ensuring the right governance is there should be our aim. Top isn’t that guy no matter how many times he smiles and waves at someone. 

He has depended on the likes of Rudders and Whelan and we will see if he has learned lessons if he makes changes. I fear he will think all that is needed is appointing the right manager.

Regardless of where we survive (I know its ridiculous, just hear me out) or not, Top needs to do a U-turn and withdraw our participation of that Far East tournament with Liverpool and Tottenham. This just feels like a publicity stunt and another cash-grabbing opportunity, and makes him look increasingly out of touch, which was previously thought to be impossible.

There is a real disconnect between the board, including Top, and the fanbase. I mean, the damage is probably done now, but he can at least show that he has some common sense and doing what's most important for the club rather than participating in some pretentious competition that means absolutely nothing.

On 19/05/2023 at 22:53, sacreblueits442 said:

What rubbish. WE the fans could see Rodgers was incompetent even from last season he didn't. Nothing " unfortunate" about that just gross stupidity. You knew something was seriously wrong when Rodgers in the close season started spouting off about the great refresh and he obviously hadn't been told there would be no such thing. So the owner and the elite manager had zero communication on the subject of recruitment? The rest is history and it's goodbye Prem hello mediocrity.