Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the most frightening thing is it takes us being this bad for this long, and yet he still might not be sacked. That is astonishing, its not being careful and considered and giving a regime time, it's so so so misguided and terrible decision making or should I say indecision. 

I think we are heading for disaster now regardless of the fate of Rodgers, I know there are 31 games left but I've just got a horrible feeling that there's a deep routed crisis now that is the perfect storm of financial concerns, a large proportion of the squad either their contracts running down, some aging players that seem spent and others who have clearly been made aware they have no future here. 

He had to go this summer and a new manager clear that their remit is to harness this squad in the short term and get them back enjoying their football as we navigate a rebuild and a possible readjusting of our short to medium ambition as we try and solidify our footing as a team that can challenge for a top 8 finish year in, year out. We've allowed this malaise and crisis to intensify and I worry for what we can attract when Rodgers does go, whether that's this week, 2 weeks or heaven forbid somehow in the games after the Forest game.

Just staggering how we've got here, we are such a ridiculous club in both the highest of highs and sadly what appears to be the lowest of lows. Hopefully it's just Bank Holiday blues but I worry we are about to embark on oblivion, relegation could see the end of us given our financial obligations for the next 2-3 seasons. Grim.

I feel exactly the same way. I feel we deal in such improbable extremes that we're quite possibly the next crisis club.

We're a one off, if nothing else.

• Like 1

It really is the oddest situation, football being fans led and we’re being left totally in the dark.

I’m not gonna slag Top off but is he being badly advised, does he know what he’s doing? We have the pundits admitting Rodger’s should go, that he wants to be sacked, and here we are, bottom of the table with 1 point after 7 games. I don’t think Rodger’s is entirely to blame but ffs, Top needs telling that he’s the one that’s given Rodger’s the contact, he’s got to suck it up and pay the man to get him out. Does he really think we’re going to improve, to risk Premier League status for £6-10m is barmy, but if that’s what he wants to do, at least come out and let us fans know what’s going on, because it feels awfully disrespectful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It really is the oddest situation, football being fans led and we’re being left totally in the dark.

I’m not gonna slag Top off but is he being badly advised, does he know what he’s doing? We have the pundits admitting Rodger’s should go, that he wants to be sacked, and here we are, bottom of the table with 1 point after 7 games. I don’t think Rodger’s is entirely to blame but ffs, Top needs telling that he’s the one that’s given Rodger’s the contact, he’s got to suck it up and pay the man to get him out. Does he really think we’re going to improve, to risk Premier League status for £6-10m is barmy, but if that’s what he wants to do, at least come out and let us fans know what’s going on, because it feels awfully disrespectful.

Its called leadership 

1 hour ago, Richmondfox said:

I actually don’t respect Tops loyalty to one person at the expense of the club, the players (his assets) the club infrastructure and reputation. In fact it’s nothing but bad business sense. 

There is a fine line between loyalty and naivety, in the case of backing Rodgers for this long, its definitely naivety. My respect for Top diminishes a little more each day with Rodgers in charge. If he's still here for the Forest game, all respect will be lost. He's got to go man, just do it. 

• Like 2

(

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Its called leadership 

It’s leadership if something is going on and there’s a reason for the silence, but it isn’t if there’s nothing going on and concerns from the fans haven’t been addressed.

This is not doing the club any favours, it just looks very bad and image counts for a lot. 

My only thought is we’re planning on replacing Rodger’s and coach staff which may take time to find and appoint replacements ready to take over.

• Like 1

Top is sacrificing LCFC for the greater footballing good when Rodgers goes down with sub 10 points in a PL season and we all realise his key skill is inheriting a very good squad and for about a season getting a lot out of it.  

After that the rest of the footballing world might realise his limitations l.

The team is a shambles, their inaction is a disgrace, and we're looking at a situation where we're facing relegation and possible subsequent free-fall.  Top is the man in charge, so the responsibility is on him.  It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

The team is a shambles, their inaction is a disgrace, and we're looking at a situation where we're facing relegation and possible subsequent free-fall.  Top is the man in charge, so the responsibility is on him.  It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

I would explain to the players, that they will be shot if they lose to Forest. Probably have to hang ward as a shot would be no where near him

• Like 1

We really are In trouble here.

Even now it's getting late , we have no chance of picking up points with Rodgers at the helm.

Very worrying that the board can't see this.

Honestly we deserve relegation if they think this is the way forward.

Such a shame for the fans but this is only going to end one way.... relegation.

• Like 1

On 19/09/2022 at 22:01, Stadt said:

It’s interesting the reputation Whelan has. Our ticketing, catering, merchandising, finances, marketing etc are often severely lacking yet she’s highly regarded. 

The rot is a lot deeper than the manager, it’s across all departments.

We have been lacking off the field for years. 

It takes the form on the pitch to nosedive for the majority to acknowledge the off field failings.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

We have been lacking off the field for years. 

It takes the form on the pitch to nosedive for the majority to acknowledge the off field failings.

Have we ever been any good though when it comes to stuff like ticketing (season ticket price freezes aside) or stuff like catering, match experience, listening to fans? 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Have we ever been any good though when it comes to stuff like ticketing (season ticket price freezes aside) or stuff like catering, match experience, listening to fans? 

Largely because we have the same staff from when we were tinpot off the field. 

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think this is the best thread to post this in, but there's several to choose from.

I am now pointing my finger at our owner Top. This doesn't mean I forget what the unbelievable things him and his family have done for this city, county and football club nor does it mean they should sell up or that they cannot rectify this but make no mistake, something very very concerning is happening with our football club.

The reasons not to have removed Rodgers to date is becoming one of the most ludicrous football decisions in quite some time and when this is coming from an ownership and board who have been so hugely respected and their success they have had then it actually becomes even more baffling and hard to stomach. Make no mistake, Brendan Rodgers is done here, as Simon Jordan so eloquently put it today. The likelihood of this free falling crisis continuing is so overwhelmingly probable than him saving us from relegation, let alone actually getting us to prosper or at least compete respectably again. 

But you also have to ask why would you even think it's possible or worth the small possibility if the club is as ambitious and serious about the club being sustainable and meeting its goals and vision. For these people who have been so exceptionally successful in their lives as businessmen and women it makes me actually very angry. On what planet is an environment that the playing staff and coaching staff have sunk to, the grounds and platform to carry out such vision? This all falls down if we get relegated, Vichai's legacy that means so much to the family is in huge jeopardy that its simply unthinkable to on one hand be working on a stadium expansion and on another the increasing likelihood we are heading for relegation and possible financial ruin. 

We've seen what the modern footballer and psyche of a team is, whether we agree with them morally or not, if the marginal gains that make a team like ours able to repeatedly maximise our ability to challenge the better resourced clubs, when it is no longer there, is the difference between what we deem success and failure then you make the ruthless decision that best serves the effect upon the footballers. In this instance you change the manager with whom can get those marginal gains again, OK its not always guaranteed but when a manager loses effectiveness and players switch off to their methods then it's inevitable its coming one way or another.

Couple that with the hugely negative cloud that has engulfed our club this summer, largely caused by Brendan's own doing in his frustrations and inability to deal with the lack of a rebuild and as a consequence has likely alienated and ripped to pieces any confidence and morale of the current squad by saying they lack quality and are complacent as a result of the squad being here too long without the necessary additions to challenge them.

Yet despite these very destructive actions and the worst start to a season for the club, breaking PL records along the way and relegation now a real danger, he still remains. Its absolutely staggering.

This is why Top is now under scrutiny and he should be. As fans, simply dismissing any notion that he could be making hugely catastrophic mistakes because of what he's done in the past (successfully) makes a mockery of such hugely successful people whom would never go along with such pleasantries and nostalgia on their path to where they've got to. It is possible that we are headed for disaster and him and his loyal staff such as Susan Whelan and Jon Rudkin have a lot to answer for.

This isn't down to a simple issue of money. That can be dispelled quite easily, both explicitly in the cost of sacking Rodgers or slightly bigger in our behaviour this summer in relation to our inability to sign players.

The club didn't want to sell Fofana for at least another year, nor did they entertain selling fringe players they said were so crucial to moving on to get players in, for knock down fees or the very least covering the very wages that were the main issue with our financial gridlock. However, we did then sell Fofana and although using funds from a high value asset on dead money to get rid of someone isn't ideal, when faced with this situation and purely from P&L it's clear we have the money.

We also are committed to paying Brendan £10m a year for the next 3 years should he somehow remain our manager for the duration of his contract, that is factored in to our current and future accounts, getting rid of him is likely to be a years wages so the in year impact of such a decision is merely the cost to replace him with the salary for this year and any possible compensation of a new manager and colleagues. So again, from a monetary perspective this is quite achievable based on a number of scenario's.

Therefore, whatever the reasons for this further stay of execution, very little makes sense in the situation we now find ourselves in. I cannot sit back and idly back Top and our board, if that makes me and other fans with similar outrage ungrateful for the past then so be it. I hope our fans make their feelings known, I think we have to and as I've said already, it's largely irrelevant what the board and Top's current stance is, it will become very very uncomfortable for them on October 3rd, I dread to think how uncomfortable and vile it will get if and when we lose vs Forest, and quick succession of games will pile it on further. They've been quite fortunate that we've not played at home or played that many games in recent weeks. It is getting very ugly and and more is to come.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Do your bit, they are self declared custodians of this football club don't forget.

All very much true sadly. What really bothers me is if we scrape a win against Forest and let's be honest, even in the predicament we're in, we really should do. 

That one win could legitimise a stay of execution with Rodgers triumphantly announcing the come back. You can hear the interview in your head now about how the players never gave up and with the aid of his tactical genius, such a win was possible. 

Get rid now Top, even in the media at the moment,  most people could understand why.