Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

All very much true sadly. What really bothers me is if we scrape a win against Forest and let's be honest, even in the predicament we're in, we really should do. 

That one win could legitimise a stay of execution with Rodgers triumphantly announcing the come back. You can hear the interview in your head now about how the players never gave up and with the aid of his tactical genius, such a win was possible. 

Get rid now Top, even in the media at the moment,  most people could understand why.

Having gotten very very unnerved about how many more defeats on the spin will it take for Rodgers to go, we now need wins by hook or crook even under Brendan because our boards scandalous reluctance to get rid of him, even risking financial ruin and relegation as a consequence.

I'd still rather Leicester in the PL under Brendan than I would a team absolutely screwed financially but being managed by some other poor soul in a Portsmouth/Derby situation. Sadly our board are careering us towards that very possibility here if Rodgers doesn't somehow wake this team up and get results.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

You're the IDIOT! Jesus he lost his father in a very traumatic way, continued to back the club, when he could of quit, and he was the best thing since sliced bread 18 months ago, when he walked around with the FA cup.  Fans have very short memories!

None of this means he’s allowed to do his job badly. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

You're the IDIOT! Jesus he lost his father in a very traumatic way, continued to back the club, when he could of quit, and he was the best thing since sliced bread 18 months ago, when he walked around with the FA cup.  Fans have very short memories!

Im guessing your his and Brendan’s secret love child, and thats what Brendan has on him!!🤣. On a serious not I am fully aware what he has done for the club, and what he had been through, BUT he deserves all the criticism now for not running the club right and  making the wrong choices, that could see us relegated!!

Just now, Harpenden Fox said:

I have a pretty strong feeling that Top isn’t an idiot, even if we don’t agree with what he’s doing at the moment. 

I suspect you wouldn’t say those words to his face. Please don’t feel the need to type them, either.

Cause I won’t say it to his face when the **** will I see him??? Stupid question that 

11 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Then he should accept that he isn’t fit for it and make the change. Nobody is undermining his father’s death. So lets stop trying to bait his critics into making it feel like they have. But he’s dealing with something that means an awful lot to an awful lot of people. He’s the custodian out of choice. No one forces him to be here. It’s his responsibility to make sure we are run correctly. 

Fair response, but a little black and white as he may not realise he feels ‘below par’ or perhaps this is a new norm he is wrestling with, or….it could be lots of things.  :dunno:

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

I don't see BR turning it around but if by some miracle he did, who would be prepared to admit they were wrong and feel humbled?

Nobody would need to if he somehow did, people are commentating on contemporary evidence and if it changed, opinions should be allowed to change too.

If people cannot get over it, if he somehow miraculously did, then that’s a personal battle individuals would need to fight have I guess

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I don't see BR turning it around but if by some miracle he did, who would be prepared to admit they were wrong and feel humbled?

Depends on the extent on him turning it around really

Just keeping us up wouldn't be enough for most I expect and would still want him gone

Would have to be a real special turn around from now to get a lot of people back on side - I am talking like a top half finish and a cup or something like that - and even then you will probably still have a fair few that want him out

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Nobody would need to if he somehow did, people are commentating on contemporary evidence and if it changed, opinions should be allowed to change too.

If people cannot get over it, if he somehow miraculously did, then that’s a personal battle individuals would need to fight have I guess

It's more the stick at Top I can't really get my head around I said to a mate in May, Rogers should of gone then, an I'm already preparing my mind for the championship next season, but we've never had this many continued years of success, it was always going to take a backwards step at some point, I can't imagine he wants the club relegated, so while I disagree with decisions, I can't bring myself to criticize owners. For the owners it took what 3 years to reach the premiership, while from a fans perspective, we were out of it for 10 years, maybe he's confident we would bounce straight back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

It's more the stick at Top I can't really get my head around I said to a mate in May, Rogers should of gone then, an I'm already preparing my mind for the championship next season, but we've never had this many continued years of success, it was always going to take a backwards step at some point, I can't imagine he wants the club relegated, so while I disagree with decisions, I can't bring myself to criticize owners. For the owners it took what 3 years to reach the premiership, while from a fans perspective, we were out of it for 10 years, maybe he's confident we would bounce straight back.

Would agree with this, we do seem a bit all at sea, but still could not want the owners gone 

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Just keeping us up wouldn't be enough for most I expect and would still want him gone

Would have to be a real special turn around from now to get a lot of people back on side - I am talking like a top half finish and a cup or something like that - and even then you will probably still have a fair few that want him out

I thought we'd finish 12th-13th this season before the start of the season with Rogers in charge, now I think lower than that, some sort of mutual agreement is surely best for both parties.

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Snowflakes on here protecting Toplol

Is idiot too strong a word to describe someone who has overseen the club handing out silly contracts to players thus crippling us financially and completely bottling sacking Rodgers even though its clear he needs to go?

I think the word idiot us really horrible to describe Top.......maybe a better word would be naive 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I'd like him to change his attitude and point the finger at himself more often when things haven't quite gone well. 

All well and good singing the praises when we're on the up, but true character is usually seen when things get a bit shit. 

Obviously a huge upturn in form will be the first step, and getting some good feeling and momentum about the club will help.