Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Emotional trauma surely means exactly that?

That makes it excusable but not justifiable, it’s certainly excusable and understandable on a personal level, it certainly doesn’t make him or any others a bad person - nothing of the kind.

But it’s a fair point that there is no adequate justification for what we are seeing now though. Barring an extremely unlikely turn around of the last 1/2 years of form, we are going down. I cannot think of any good reason why we should ultimately just accept that without any kind of a fight. At a certain point, questions will naturally be asked of those in charge of making the decisions, just like they are now being asked of Brendan from people who continued to support him through some dark moments. 

I don’t think anyone would want to blame Top in particular for this predicament just like many didn’t want to see Ranieri go. The longer Brendan stinks out the joint without the threat of the sack, the more scrutiny will go upstairs though. We have all bonded through the joy and trauma over the last few years but that isn’t a justification for the negligence we are now seeing. I just hope we wake up in a few weeks and all of this just seemed like a bad dream..

• Like 3

On 20/09/2022 at 19:15, Finn Claw II said:

Top is sacrificing LCFC for the greater footballing good when Rodgers goes down with sub 10 points in a PL season and we all realise his key skill is inheriting a very good squad and for about a season getting a lot out of it.  

After that the rest of the footballing world might realise his limitations l.

...it wasn't a poor squad, it was a very good team that was suffering under a manager whose man-management was dire!!!

He was sucking the spirit out of the team and just could not change his approach and was incapable of taking on board the need to bring players with him to make the vision work. Rodgers knew the quality he was taking on, it was quite an easy thing to bring success to the club. He was the same at Swansea and Celtic

His only real forays into managing a team in trouble were his first two clubs Watford and Reading, Watford was hovering above relegation for some time with him and ended up 13th at the end of the season and he was released from Reading after going on a run, where surprise surprise he was unable to stop the slide and ended up in the relegation zone.

He obviously learned to pick the jobs he wanted where the quality was there but the players were not producing.

• Like 1

Come on people, we’re better than this. Just because someone has a different opinion to you, or does something in a way you wouldn’t it does not make them an idiot.
I get sometimes with football passion gets the better of us sometimes. In the aftermath of games I’ve said things both in person and on here that I later regretted.

Right now things don’t look great on or off the pitch, but we are coming off the back of one of the most successful periods in the clubs history. Let’s leave the name calling out of it and have a sensible debate about what’s going on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

I don't see BR turning it around but if by some miracle he did, who would be prepared to admit they were wrong and feel humbled?

It's not a case of being humbled. If he succeeds it means the club succeeds, and we're all much happier. Everyone agreed with Rodgers that the squad needed rebuilding, that was never an issue, we all saw that after the Europa league, then the conference league, the FACup humiliation and the constant defensive issue that has frankly become a running joke in the commentary world. But as soon as it became clear he wasn't getting any more major sums of money this summer and had to get on with things, he should have quit. The side limped into 8th last season, masking a bloody awful run of results, it was never going to begin well after 6 weeks away. He's repeated the mantra about having respect for the club and the ownership ut if that's the case he should go. He's criticised the board in more than one interview, blamed the fans post-Brighton for us making THEM nervous and is watching his legacy decline by the week. He's not turning round a winless 7 games, he's turning round 7 wins in 28. It's not a blip, it's a pattern.

After 1 point in 7 games, 28 in 84 etc etc he should be respecting the club by leaving not waiting for a payday.

9 hours ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Im guessing your his and Brendan’s secret love child, and thats what Brendan has on him!!🤣. On a serious not I am fully aware what he has done for the club, and what he had been through, BUT he deserves all the criticism now for not running the club right and  making the wrong choices, that could see us relegated!!

Brendon's love child? How old are you?  I want him gone, but lets keep it rational and less emotional/personal.  It will be easy to fire him, but if they get the next appointment wrong, then it definitely will be championship football next season.

• Like 2

Whatever affection anyone has for Top. The fact is, he isn’t the great owner who came in and rebuilt us. His late great father was. 

Top is 37 years old man who hasn’t had to work a day in his life due to his fathers sacrifices. He is everyone pal. For the good of this club, you need to sell up Top. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Now it's confirmed Rodgers is staying Top can get in the bin. Awful, awful decision and a complete U-Turn on how this club is usually run.

I wouldn’t say it is confirmed, just seems like an assumption/guess by Tanner to me

The tweet even says “Brendan Rodgers might get one more chance”

• Like 1

Utterly ridiculous some of the over the top reaction on here.

Do I think Rodgers should be gone? 100%.

However, we are massively underestimating the positive impact this family has had on this club. From going nowhere to dominant promotion, PL champions, CL football, FA cup winners and two European adventurers. None of that happens without Vichai and Top.

I’ll allow him a mistake in showing too much faith in someone who’s provided him with an FA cup win…even if that results in relegation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Whatever affection anyone has for Top. The fact is, he isn’t the great owner who came in and rebuilt us. His late great father was. 

Top is 37 years old man who hasn’t had to work a day in his life due to his fathers sacrifices. He is everyone pal. For the good of this club, you need to sell up Top. 

I understand and share the frustration mate but he's still probably done a lot for the club and the city himself. I reckon he's just out of his depth after being thrown in at the deep end and is being poorly advised. It'd really leave a blemish amon everything that's come before if the fans properly turn on Top.  He's probably not the long term owner of this club let's face it

1 minute ago, LVocey said:

Utterly ridiculous some of the over the top reaction on here.

Do I think Rodgers should be gone? 100%.

However, we are massively underestimating the positive impact this family has had on this club. From going nowhere to dominant promotion, PL champions, CL football, FA cup winners and two European adventurers. None of that happens without Vichai and Top.

I’ll allow him a mistake in showing too much faith in someone who’s provided him with an FA cup win…even if that results in relegation.

You will see us willingly relegated by Top's incompetence because of what his Dad has done for us in the past?

No thanks, I'm a Football fan and a Leicester City FC supporter. I want to see us competing at the highest level.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Grow a pair of bollocks and do what is best for the club.

You’re part of the poison Top, surrounded by Yes Men. Sort your business affairs out, and stop our club from being a laughing stock.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

You will see us willingly relegated by Top's incompetence because of what his Dad has done for us in the past?

No thanks, I'm a Football fan and a Leicester City FC supporter. I want to see us competing at the highest level.

“Willingly” there is no willingly…as much as people want to overdramatise it all, Top does not want us to get relegated..but he obviously thinks Rodgers can turn it around at this point.

I obviously want us to compete as high as possible, but I’m realistic to know that a club our size is likely to be relegated in the next 20 years. Doesn’t mean I throw my toys out the pram at a decision I don’t agree with.

Really hope the loyalty is rewarded. I really don't want a club that sacks managers willy nilly because they are 'ruthless' but we can't go to far the other way. Rodgers loses any of the next 3/4 games (he can't say he hasn't had time. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1

Just now, LVocey said:

“Willingly” there is no willingly…as much as people want to overdramatise it all, Top does not want us to get relegated..but he obviously thinks Rodgers can turn it around at this point.

I obviously want us to compete as high as possible, but I’m realistic to know that a club our size is likely to be relegated in the next 20 years. Doesn’t mean I throw my toys out the pram at a decision I don’t agree with.

I’ll allow him a mistake in showing too much faith in someone who’s provided him with an FA cup win…even if that results in relegation

That seems to me like you are willing for us to be relegated because you think Top is a nice bloke.

• Like 2

Just now, SecretPro said:

I’ll allow him a mistake in showing too much faith in someone who’s provided him with an FA cup win…even if that results in relegation

That seems to me like you are willing for us to be relegated because you think Top is a nice bloke.

What’s the alternative? We don’t get to make that decision. Top does.

I have nothing against calling for Rodgers head, but there are far far worse owners than Top in the world of football and I’d hate to see him forced out by people directing their anger in, what is in my opinion, the wrong direction to direct it in.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Brendan has to go now - I don't really agree with some of the decisions Top or the board make either, what I think is pretty unsavoury is some of the abuse our fans are giving him in this thread. He can't help it his dad was a billionaire - he was born into it - and probably hasn't had to do a 'hard days graft' in his life - his dad is also dead under tragic circumstances, something any amount of money can't buy which is time and memories with his father. 

Take all the above and put it to one side I don't for one minute think it's as simple sometimes as pulling the trigger on the manager, there are more pieces in play here that we as fans aren't aware of - and the club isn't a PLC and doesn't have to keep us informed at all times that what is happening.  Some of the drivel you read from posters on here comes from people who can't run a bath or have never been near a boardroom in their life, never mind a multi million pound business - it's nigh on impossible to please every stakeholder in a business. We have had the best memories in recent years and the club has made some very good decisions alongside some naff one's, name me any club or business that hasn't. We are going through a rocky patch at the minute and the only way we can get out of this is backing the players, forget the manager - protests, signs, booing etc etc just makes it a toxic place.

• Like 1