Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

20 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Did not think the day would come when the support would turn on King Power.

I think we're a long way away from that and rightly so. King Power have been the best thing to happen to Leicester City.

• Like 2

Interesting to hear of parties who have done work for the club recently over the past two years.

I'm not claiming to know anybody on the inside because I don't but I've spoken to people who have sent invoices in to the club inclusive of VAT but the club then pays the full amount plus vat on top.

These were only a couple of people I spoke with who both said the same thing but my worry is that this level of incompetence is happening all across the board ... 

There is a worry that Top is too soft to make decisions vital to the business and people are taking him for a ride.

Could we be witnessing the plunder of our club and not being to melodramatic but also some kind of siphoning of funds? 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, somebum said:

Interesting to hear of parties who have done work for the club recently over the past two years.

I'm not claiming to know anybody on the inside because I don't but I've spoken to people who have sent invoices in to the club inclusive of VAT but the club then pays the full amount plus vat on top.

These were only a couple of people I spoke with who both said the same thing but my worry is that this level of incompetence is happening all across the board ... 

There is a worry that Top is too soft to make decisions vital to the business and people are taking him for a ride.

Could we be witnessing the plunder of our club and not being to melodramatic but also some kind of siphoning of funds? 

Explains why we've gone from one of the best run clubs in the PL, envy of pretty much every club our size, to a laughing stock. What would be ironic though, is if after crying about how much money we spent, Dyche becomes our manager when we've got no money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Whatever affection anyone has for Top. The fact is, he isn’t the great owner who came in and rebuilt us. His late great father was. 

Top is 37 years old man who hasn’t had to work a day in his life due to his fathers sacrifices. He is everyone pal. For the good of this club, you need to sell up Top. 

Top was heavily influential in a) them buying us in the first place and b) a lot of the running of our club. Do not underestimate how much he was trusted and valued by Vichai.

What's happening now seems scandalous but we've had some horror periods under Vichai and they either got it right in time or have been extremely lucky. I don't agree with Top and our board right now and I think the margin for error here is rivalling the look of doom we had in 2014/15 and 2016/17 even with 31 games left of the season. I just hope they don't misjudge that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Whatever affection anyone has for Top. The fact is, he isn’t the great owner who came in and rebuilt us. His late great father was. 

Top is 37 years old man who hasn’t had to work a day in his life due to his fathers sacrifices. He is everyone pal. For the good of this club, you need to sell up Top. 

“For the good of this club” is the sentiment so long as any new owner would be willing to spend money I expect?

Or would this sentiment soon disappear when the potential new owner appears to be someone similar to Mike Ashley or like those who took over at Burnley?

• Like 2

By not taking this decision, I feel it shows us how incompetent he really is.  

If we can see it, the everyday person and he can’t, he must be living in cloud cuckoo land.

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

“For the good of this club” is the sentiment so long as any new owner would be willing to spend money I expect?

Or would this sentiment soon disappear when the potential new owner appears to be someone similar to Mike Ashley or like those who took over at Burnley?

I don’t back the ownership anymore. Actually, I don’t trust them. I think it’s unfair to ask a fan base to repeatedly swallow such dramatic news and continue with little or no explanation. I know this fan base has affection for Top and rightly so. However, criticism of that ownership should not be deemed blasphemous each and every time.

Ignoring the glaring on field problems just for a second. We have had no spend this summer until Faes, a last minute replacement for Fofana at half price. We’ve seen competitors spend excessively - granted not always a good thing but our inability to compete with the weakest in the league is frightening. 

The Kasper situation is rather concerning. We’ve willingly let go of one of the best in the league and replaced him with (by quite some distance) the worst goalkeeper in the league. 

You talk about money - I don’t think we as a city are amazingly attractive to the super oil rich owners. However, I believe the least we can ask for is that the club is managed well and shows ambition - something I don’t know if we are doing right now. 

I would also expect the owners to sell with the required DD to assess the new owners. Why would anyone want us sold to Fred “I have moment but not really.” That’s silly. 

There is something toxic at this place and pretending there isn’t, just isn’t true.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Top was heavily influential in a) them buying us in the first place and b) a lot of the running of our club. Do not underestimate how much he was trusted and valued by Vichai.

What's happening now seems scandalous but we've had some horror periods under Vichai and they either got it right in time or have been extremely lucky. I don't agree with Top and our board right now and I think the margin for error here is rivalling the look of doom we had in 2014/15 and 2016/17 even with 31 games left of the season. I just hope they don't misjudge that.

Maybe you’re right. Maybe I’m being over dramatic on the news Brendan has got the Forest game. Perhaps it’s because I’ve wanted Brendan out since the Fa Cup that my patience has finally ran thin. 

I just don’t see the reasoning here. However, as you’ve alluded to, I didn’t see the reasoning when Pearson was sacked or when Ranieri was hired. To be proved wrong like they again would be delightful.

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Maybe you’re right. Maybe I’m being over dramatic on the news Brendan has got the Forest game. Perhaps it’s because I’ve wanted Brendan out since the Fa Cup that my patience has finally ran thin. 

I just don’t see the reasoning here. However, as you’ve alluded to, I didn’t see the reasoning when Pearson was sacked or when Ranieri was hired. To be proved wrong like they again would be delightful.

I think he's got this massively wrong and I hope he quickly realises it before it's too late. Forest game is going to be an experience put it that way 😂😂😂😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

They already have.