Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

14 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Even sacking managers?

Thought that was only players but my knowledge is limited.

Originally I was a bit bemused by the notion, after reading about it, then Top writing about it etc., but after chatting to peeps with connections to the club at a lower level, it seems we are screwed by the FFP at present,  personally I think the club will have to take a hit with fines and what ever other punishments can be thrown at us if Brendan continues to Brendan things up, or down:huh::dunno: but things can't be allowed to continue as they are for much longer.

Big Brendan is in the last chance saloon, his last credits are on the table and De Niro and Pesci are eyeing him suspiciously  from across the room:ph34r:.

Someone did drop the ball though at some level, accounting dept. perhaps :dunno:

Financial fair play: All you need to know about how it works - BBC Sport

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Even sacking managers?

Thought that was only players but my knowledge is limited.

...you are assuming that we are looking to offload our manager!!!

The popular theory is that the cost implications is too great to make it happen, I do not believe that to be true,we are just not looking to get rid.

After all these results and performances this season and the sackings in the Premier League,  my theory of Top giving him the refresh still stands. Top may view this as a principled stance to adhere to his agreement prior to the the opening of the prior summer window.

I do not agree with him retaining Rodgers, it is more what more will the club have to keep on suffering in order for a decision to be made either way.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, J. James said:

I thought this world was black and white
when l was still a lad
The good guys were completely good
The bad completely bad

I gave no thought to subtlety
I thought my views urbane
Others words were lost to me
Like teardrops in the rain

Now I've seen nights shadows
And the dappled light of day
This world does not have absolutes
Just hazy shades of grey

Yeah, but Junior Lewis really was rubbish.

Edited by Manley Farrington-Brown

7 hours ago, J. James said:

Reflecting on peoples strong opinions about various players on the stage of our club l was inspired to pen a small rhymey thing.

I write them for me but if one other enjoys them thats great. 🙂

I thought this world was black and white
when l was still a lad
The good guys were completely good
The bad completely bad

I gave no thought to subtlety
I thought my views urbane
Others words were lost to me
Like teardrops in the rain

Now I've seen nights shadows
And the dappled light of day
This world does not have absolutes
Just hazy shades of grey

I wandered lonely as a cloud

That floats on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw Brendan Rodgers  ...

And shat on him.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it really is not about a lack of money at the club, FFP is the issue in respect of spending!!!

Well we are losing money hand over fist. So it really is somewhat of an issue, and Top pretty much admitted as much when he admitted we sold players purposely to find everything and then stopped last season, that lack of money has caused issues. 

So… cheerio Maddison in the summer. 

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well we are losing money hand over fist. So it really is somewhat of an issue, and Top pretty much admitted as much when he admitted we sold players purposely to find everything and then stopped last season, that lack of money has caused issues. 

My concern is that we sell him in January. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sly said:

My concern is that we sell him in January. 

...we would make a killing if we did!!!

The most expensive window to deal in, ni one sells their prize asset in the January window. If we could get £70m+ for him, that would be great business. We can bring in someone for much less than half the price. 

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Looking down our team him & Barnes are about the only players left who we could command a decent fee for. 

If Ndidi can rediscover his form from 3 years ago we might be able to fetch over £25 million for him but other than that we will be struggling to sell anyone for significant money.  

• Like 2

Top in an interview in 2025:-

" Brendan, John (Rudkin), Susan (Whelan) and a few of my player's agents told me that we would be in the Champions League every year so I gave them all big pay rises and long contracts. This seemed the only option, otherwise they'd all leave and we might get relegated as our recruitment hadn't been up to much recently. Then I took out more loans because it all made perfect sense. After all, how can things ever go wrong after I'd taken out other huge loans to pay for that big health complex that used to be the training facilities. Even now I don't understand what went wrong. Maybe I shouldn't have promised Brendan a job for life when he called me down to hold the FA Cup on the Wembley pitch. It seemed like a good idea at the time."

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Looking down our team him & Barnes are about the only players left who we could command a decent fee for. 

If Ndidi can rediscover his form from 3 years ago we might be able to fetch over £25 million for him but other than that we will be struggling to sell anyone for significant money.  

Indeed, said the same a few weeks ago. And perhaps the club know it.