Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Speaking at the opening of an artificial pitch at a school in Thailand for one

@filbertwayNot sure why that's funny, he answered questions about us. He's written in the programme. The fact is, he has spoken about most things. 

If people expect him to come out and say why he's not currently sacked the manager, then they are asking for something that will never happen. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

@filbertwayNot sure why that's funny, he answered questions about us. He's written in the programme. The fact is, he has spoken about most things. 

If people expect him to come out and say why he's not currently sacked the manager, then they are asking for something that will never happen. 

I just dont think many Leicester fans would have heard Tops comments hes made at the opening of an artificial pitch in Thailand lol

I do think he should explain his lohic to the fans and actually to the fans. Not in an interview at a polo match or at a swimming gala.

If he's confident and it makes logical sense then he should have no issue backing himself

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I expect him to come out and say why he's not currently sacked the manager.

I agree with @Babylon he isn't going to publicly comment on the managers future,  his position on this will be made public when he decides to move him on.

The decision making is poor from Top because of where we are. He, as owner is happy to let standards completely nose dive - no other respectable football club allows this. A bad season for this squad is lower midtable. Not rock bottom with 5 defeats in a row. Had he been patient with us in say 14th, fine. 

Allow this, with what the club has already gone through this summer is poor ownership. He is harming our club. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The decision making is poor from Top because of where we are. He, as owner is happy to let standards completely nose dive - no other respectable football club allows this. A bad season for this squad is lower midtable. Not rock bottom with 5 defeats in a row. Had he been patient with us in say 14th, fine. 

Allow this, with what the club has already gone through this summer is poor ownership. He is harming our club. 

It’s actually 6 defeats in a row :unsure: but I definitely agree with your sentiments. Top needs to wake up, keeping Rodgers in post doesn’t reflect well on him.

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

I just dont think many Leicester fans would have heard Tops comments hes made at the opening of an artificial pitch in Thailand lol

I do think he should explain his lohic to the fans and actually to the fans. Not in an interview at a polo match or at a swimming gala.

If he's confident and it makes logical sense then he should have no issue backing himself

He's well aware they are going to get reported here, as they were in the Mercury. He's explained the finances in the programme, and reiterated they are committed to the club. 

If you mean the manager, it doesn't happen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Sacking him is going to cost a huge amount of money, and so is getting relegated. It's likely to be HIS money that has to fund either scenario. We aren't talking a small amount of money either way. They will always take their time to make a decision more so than fans like yourself. When Puel and Ranieri went, it was a long time after all the fans had wanted them gone. It's very easy to sit there making decisions when it's not your money, you aren't the ones having to replace loads of staff etc. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's well aware they are going to get reported here, as they were in the Mercury. He's explained the finances in the programme, and reiterated they are committed to the club. 

Oh yeah, the programme notes were very clear about the finances and I'm on board with that. 

I just need to know what is going through his head with regards to the sporting side of the club, even if he doesn't address the manager situation head on. My guess is that him and Rudkin haven't got a clue and are well in over their head since entrusting Rodgers and Congerton to look after the sporting side. Rudkin handing out stupid money also further demonstrating that he's not cut out for the role.

Majorly frustrating hearing nothing from the club when we've had this kind of start. You'd expect they'd want to appease the stakeholders and explain their position, but they do not give that impression at all.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Sacking him is going to cost a huge amount of money, and so is getting relegated. It's likely to be HIS money that has to fund either scenario. We aren't talking a small amount of money either way. They will always take their time to make a decision more so than fans like yourself. When Puel and Ranieri went, it was a long time after all the fans had wanted them gone. It's very easy to sit there making decisions when it's not your money, you aren't the ones having to replace loads of staff etc. 

So criticism of any sort is then strictly prohibited ? It makes it quite a boring game. 

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

So criticism of any sort is then strictly prohibited ? It makes it quite a boring game. 

Who said don't criticise? I'm merely saying that generally their decisions are always going to lag behind fan sentiment because they actually have to deal with the fall out. So I just hope people keep that in mind when slating them. If we lost to Forest, I would be gobsmacked if he wasn't sacked. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Oh yeah, the programme notes were very clear about the finances and I'm on board with that. 

I just need to know what is going through his head with regards to the sporting side of the club, even if he doesn't address the manager situation head on. My guess is that him and Rudkin haven't got a clue and are well in over their head since entrusting Rodgers and Congerton to look after the sporting side. Rudkin handing out stupid money also further demonstrating that he's not cut out for the role.

Majorly frustrating hearing nothing from the club when we've had this kind of start. You'd expect they'd want to appease the stakeholders and explain their position, but they do not give that impression at all.

People keep going on about overpaying players. Firstly we don't know what anyone earns, and also none of this seemed to matter when we were 5th and winning the FA Cup didn't it, was anyone saying "that's great but we're overpaying for our size". People wouldn't give two hoots now either if we weren't bottom. 

I'm not sure what you want him to say. They told you that the long term aim is to grow the commercial side, but until we have grown it sufficiently we need to sell players to offset what was an attempt to compete with the bigger clubs. We didn't sell last summer and spent £60m so we've had to balance the books. 

We've them lost an absolute bundle because of covid, nobody's fault there. We can't force players to sign contracts or to leave. 

If we weren't underperforming so gigantically on the pitch, I don't think anyone cares about the other stuff. If Rodgers loses to Forest and isn't sacked, then they are asking for trouble. That should be the end for anyone. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Who said don't criticise? I'm merely saying that generally their decisions are always going to lag behind fan sentiment because they actually have to deal with the fall out. So I just hope people keep that in mind when slating them. If we lost to Forest, I would be gobsmacked if he wasn't sacked. 

I think most fans have that perspective. I think most fans look at where we are. The level of decline which is way beyond one should expect and as a result would expect the board to have in place necessary contingencies to deal with any fall out. This is a fanbase which has also been expected to stomach no new signings (well apart from one as a result of a £75m sale at £15m). Its generally an understanding fanbase. The errors have been that significant at all levels that criticism is going to be slightly ramped up. 

I think whether he goes or not after Forest the damage has been done. The club will have to stomach the impact of relegation this year. Its how we rebuild from there. Standards have dropped that severely. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

10m v 120+m?  🤔 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

You're completely ignoring the fact he's never done an in person interview in the UK.

Dictated programme notes and a few remarks at the opening of a school isn't exactly communication.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You're completely ignoring the fact he's never done an in person interview in the UK.

Dictated programme notes and a few remarks at the opening of a school isn't exactly communication.

It’s not like Vichai was the most vocal person ever either tbf. They’ve always been a pretty private family. 

7 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Hardly any of the PL club owners say anything to the media. The new guy at Chelsea seems to have a lot to say for himself, but I can't think of any others.

If that guy’s entrance is anything to go by, then we’re all better off if owners stay quiet. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
20 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Hardly any of the PL club owners say anything to the media. The new guy at Chelsea seems to have a lot to say for himself, but I can't think of any others.

Brightons chief exec has been on talksport a lot.

Parish doesn't shy away from it.

Nor does the forest chief exec.

Most other clubs have some form of voice other than the manager.

Not just the owner that can speak but its pretty silly that Brendan is the only person who's speaking publicly when all the decisions are made elsewhere.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

Rodgers has now surpassed both Ranieri and Puel in consecutive defeats not to mention being rooted at the bottom of the table. The only thing that might be mitigating Rodgers over the other too which is misplaced and misguided is that we are only 7 games in to the season and firmly bottom and not in or around the relegation zone in the 2nd half of the season.

I don't know how or why he is being afforded more leniency and patience than the others. Yes he has achieved here but that's over a year ago now and we have been steadily declining and now in free fall. Maybe the difference between Ranieri and Rodgers is the disconnect between the players and the manager under Ranieri seemed more severe than with Rodgers, which is pretty staggering given what Rodgers has said about them and the very little we heard in that regard publicly from Ranieri.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's the very definition of communication.