Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I am not angry at Top for not sacking Rodgers at this point, obviously I want him gone ASAP however as others have also said, it’s easy to judge and make decisions when it’s not your money, reputation and professional/personal relationships at risk. 

Whilst I don’t agree with the decision to retain Rodgers, I do understand and respect Top, I do think the club can see its near the point of no return but at the same time I think they feel giving him sufficient time to ‘turn’ it around is the right way to go. 

I never want us to be like Watford, go through 3 managers a season is the norm and soon they are really going to struggle to attract a bright young upcoming manager.  

When Rodgers leaves and I think it will be in the 2/3 weeks maximum, as long as we aren’t cut adrift, we will still be a very attractive proposition, a squad that is capable of top ten and challenging for European football, a supportive owner who will give a manger time and support, world class facilities and a ground development and expansion. Lots that will make very good managers interested. 

It’s easy to challenge and criticise Top for not sacking him but in reality even the most successful business people don’t take this decisions easily and don’t take delight or pleasure from doing it, as with Puel, there will come a point where Top, regardless of sentiment will decide Rodgers is no longer the man to take the club forward. 

I think your points were valid and absolutely correct, but not now, at this moment in time, we are at the point now, where good strong leadership / decision  making is needed, no one, not even BR himself would think it's a bad decision to get rid, my Newcastle supporting mate  messaged me after the last hammering we were subjected to, saying he will surely be gone; and here we are, its beyond logical for him to still be here.

I dont dislike BR, If he somehow turns this round, I be the first to apologise, but seriously, what's the odds of that happening 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Percy just tweeted Top flying in to watch Mondays game. Performance and crowd reaction to be monitored…

Monday is going to be a big night on and off the pitch. A pivotal moment that could be the turning point. We'll be talking about this for years (like the infamous Sheffield Utd match). 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, don_danbury said:

just imagine winning 1 nil by a dodgy pen or something. would keep him in a job lol 

I'm almost hoping for something like this.

We NEED the win but also NEED the chance to show Top we've had enough.

A shit win, us letting Top know and Rodgers gone tout suite (which actually translates as right now according to Google but I have always used it as "as soon as ****ing possible" which in this case would be soon after the match.

Edited by gw_leics772

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't believe Rodgers.

It's weird if there's no communication between manager and board at a time of turmoil.

Agreed to some extent but I was waiting for this response but you’d imagine even if Bullshit Brendan was… :unsure: bullshitting, you’d imagine he’d have said we’ve sat down discussed the situation and he’s gave me his backing (of which he has by him still being in a job).

Plus what we’ve seen and heard (or not as the case may be) I kinda believe Brendan in this case.

Edited by Matt

On 29/09/2022 at 15:16, don_danbury said:

just imagine winning 1 nil by a dodgy pen or something. would keep him in a job lol 

I feel that happened a bit with the West Ham game in February. He was on the brink, we were 0-1 down playing absolutely dreadfully and they gift us the most inexplicable penalty. His luck is off the charts.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

I don't believe Rodgers.

It's weird if there's no communication between manager and board at a time of turmoil.

There is no claim that there has been no communication between Rodgers and the board. 

The claim is that there has been no direct communication between Rodgers and the ownership. 

Do you understand the difference between the ownership and the board ? It’s quite an important distinction.  

• Like 1

Yeah, it’s a rough enough time for everyone, let alone those of us with the misfortune of an LCFC obsession. 

The last few years have been tough on us ALL. Things are likely to get worse still. We need to support each other as much as we do the team. 

Can’t help thinking, though, that the downturn for the entire world has coincided with Brendan being our manager. What is he scribbling in his little notepad?  666?  (Likely still lose even with that formation).

Edited by ARM1968