Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

On 29/09/2022 at 13:48, alanf0x said:

Percy just tweeted Top flying in to watch Mondays game. Performance and crowd reaction to be monitored…

This is so stupid man, why haven't we just sacked him prior to this match and let a new manager have a go at it? I'm 99% certain we're going to lose it, and then what, sack Rodgers? Pointless man.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This is so stupid man, why haven't we just sacked him prior to this match and let a new manager have a go at it? I'm 99% certain we're going to lose it, and then what, sack Rodgers? Pointless man.

Because must assume he was to be given two games, then the Villa game got cancelled, and this is now the 2nd game of a review period and a good chance for Top to see what paying for a top drawer manager really buys you

38 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because must assume he was to be given two games, then the Villa game got cancelled, and this is now the 2nd game of a review period and a good chance for Top to see what paying for a top drawer manager really buys you

Firstly circumstances change, tough, Rodgers has had by far long enough, half way through last season was well past his sell by date.

Secondly, if Top's not seen it in the last 2 years+ then I think we need to ask even more questions of the situation we find ourselves in.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Firstly circumstances change, tough, he's had by far long enough, half way through last season was well past his sell by date.

Secondly, if Top's not seen it in the last 2 years+ then I think we need to ask more questions of his stewardship and we're in worse hands than we're realising.

Harsh

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

Firstly circumstances change, tough, he's had by far long enough, half way through last season was well past his sell by date.

Secondly, if Top's not seen it in the last 2 years+ then I think we need to ask more questions of his stewardship and we're in worse hands than we're realising.

Tops choice. That's all that matters, and you see what you see and know what you know, Top either sees something different or isn't looking. 

21 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

The moment it becomes impossible for Rodger to get 12 points from the next 5 games, and he remains in charge, is when I question Top.

...for a lot of people that threshold has already been reached!!!

These feelings have been there for more than a year, it is hard to understand why it has taken others so long to come this far.

Top probably has a plan to replace him down the line, it doesn’t help the fee paying public rolling up to games and having to put up with what we are seeing.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

I wouldn’t go as far as calling Top a clown but his stubbornness needs to pay off otherwise the past 11 years won’t matter because we won’t have a club anymore.

If we can barely afford to get by now, relegation would be the end of the club. 

At the minute i’m very concerned that the leadership of the club is currently lacking. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Dames said:

I wouldn’t go as far as calling Top a clown but his stubbornness needs to pay off otherwise the past 11 years won’t matter because we won’t have a club anymore.

If we can barely afford to get by now, relegation would be the end of the club. 

At the minute i’m very concerned that the leadership of the club is currently lacking. 

It's these sorts of statements that people clip and quote elsewhere.

I don't know how we go from being run by a multi-billionaire with all sorts of financial backing aside from his own fortune to "not having a club anymore"??? Who says we can barely afford to get by?? This is just pure exaggeration. What we've had to do is cut our cloth accordingly, live within our means, that's not "barely affording to get by" The difference in us looking okay financially and being in the red is not selling Tielemans last summer after his thunderbastard at Wembley. Most clubs are running at a 70-80m deficit because of their transfer business. We would be exactly the same if we'd sold Youri. -120M becomes -80M very quickly. They gambled, it failed, we have to tighten purse strings this season. We're a multi-million pound business, paying our employees every week in one of the most cash-rich leagues in world sport. This isn't 2004, we don't need a Heskey & Lineker consortium to pay the gas bill. There's plenty of leadership, they're just not making the decisions you'd like.

On 01/10/2022 at 19:54, HarryDee8 said:

We're in danger of being 2 wins away from getting out of the drop zone. The other teams are pulling away. Not good this, even at this early stage!

Yes and the other teams don’t look easy to beat either is the problem. Ain’t no easy 3 points. 

Only thing I can say is having tried to watch Leeds Vs Villa is how the hell are we behind these teams? They're truly awful. What I've seen from lcfc is far above even in this poor run of results.

That said if you think relegation isn't a threat to our club and what happens next when we're struggling financially fair play to you.  This is not the time to go go down, we'd be screwed.  It ain't just about living within means, that's another way to say our owners ain't gonna bank roll us (maybe their just not able to).

Premiership survival is paramount right now. Top needs to act to ensure that is achieved. It has to happen in Nov break if we're still in the bottom 3, sooner if we're not at least 4 points better off come the end of next weekend.

If we lose tonight and he still doesn't sack him nor does Brendan walk then the bitter and irrational part of me hopes he stays thr whole season and they both have a relegation to their name and blood on their hands. I'd love to see Brendan talk his way out of that one.

Guest Col city fan
42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we lose tonight and he still doesn't sack him nor does Brendan walk then the bitter and irrational part of me hopes he stays thr whole season and they both have a relegation to their name and blood on their hands. I'd love to see Brendan talk his way out of that one.

We can’t lose tonight. Psychologically it’ll feel like we’re done for

9 hours ago, iancognito said:

It's these sorts of statements that people clip and quote elsewhere.

I don't know how we go from being run by a multi-billionaire with all sorts of financial backing aside from his own fortune to "not having a club anymore"??? Who says we can barely afford to get by?? This is just pure exaggeration. What we've had to do is cut our cloth accordingly, live within our means, that's not "barely affording to get by" The difference in us looking okay financially and being in the red is not selling Tielemans last summer after his thunderbastard at Wembley. Most clubs are running at a 70-80m deficit because of their transfer business. We would be exactly the same if we'd sold Youri. -120M becomes -80M very quickly. They gambled, it failed, we have to tighten purse strings this season. We're a multi-million pound business, paying our employees every week in one of the most cash-rich leagues in world sport. This isn't 2004, we don't need a Heskey & Lineker consortium to pay the gas bill. There's plenty of leadership, they're just not making the decisions you'd like.

We sold our best defender for 70m up front and we still can’t afford to sack the manager with that windfall of cash.

You can try to play it off all you want but we couldn’t afford a single signing this summer despite the need to strengthen, we have players on massive contracts that nobody wants. If we go down how can we shift them or pay them on Championship revenues? We’ll be stuck with players we dont want, that other clubs dont want and that we cant afford. The knock on effect would be that if we went down we still wouldnt be able to strengthen. 

There is no point in playing it down, we are at a critical point. 

• Like 1

On 01/10/2022 at 20:22, cropstonfox said:

Let's have some respect please! 

Agree, respect is earned and he has plenty in the bank. However, the longer this goes on, the more he deserves criticism and the more fans will turn on him, and rightly so imo. He is the most powerful voice in the club, the buck has to stop with him, it’s his responsibility to make the big calls. If we are relegated on the back of this, he bears significant responsibility for it. 

I can see why, as much as I don’t want him here, Rodgers still has a job. This upcoming run could well save him and make us look somewhat comfortable. He also has credit in the bank, and the financial implications of him going are fairly significant. Objectively, there is no guarantee a new manager would improve anything. Analysis has shown that sticking with a manager through a bad patch is often statistically better than sacking and replacing them. We have plenty of problems and they won’t all magically go away with firing Rodgers (though I’d argue he is one of the problems). 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

If we lose tonight and he doesn't sack him then I'll be voting with my feet as will many others I'd imagine.