Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

14 minutes ago, Lewis's Junior said:

I don't buy the money to pay him off argument; it's more terrifying than that. They believe in Rodgers, who I am sure brown nosed his way around when we were 2nd in the league, and actually believe he'll rectify the situation :cry:

If that's the case, then you're looking at weeks or months before they consider making a change. Strap in everyone..... :claude:

Brendan probably has them on strings to be honest. No doubt they have fallen for his sales pitch many times over and believe he’s an elite manager. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

So many times when the guy who builds a successful business dies and then the son takes over the business.....it collapses

Our footballing success is not linked with King Power's fortunes. He employs people at LCFC - Whelan and Rudkin specifically - to handle the day-to-day of the club.His decision will be based on their recommendations. Top fired Pearson and was over-ruled by his Dad. He also fired Puel after 7 without a win, a month after the helicopter crash.

Tell me how Vichai would have stopped them losing 3bn in a pandemic global shutdown? Because that's the only thing that has affected their business since his death.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

Our footballing success is not linked with King Power's fortunes. He employs people at LCFC - Whelan and Rudkin specifically - to handle the day-to-day of the club.His decision will be based on their recommendations. Top fired Pearson and was over-ruled by his Dad. He also fired Puel after 7 without a win, a month after the helicopter crash.

Tell me how Vichai would have stopped them losing 3bn in a pandemic global shutdown? Because that's the only thing that has affected their business since his death.

Hypothetical and inconsequential. Would he have sanctioned projects costing the club millions at a time of global financial insecurity and allowed a situation where a manager remained in charge of his team rooted in the relegation zone and staring relegation in the face whilst publicly calling out the board ? Never. 

1 minute ago, somebum said:

Hypothetical and inconsequential. Would he have sanctioned projects costing the club millions at a time of global financial insecurity and allowed a situation where a manager remained in charge of his team rooted in the relegation zone and staring relegation in the face whilst publicly calling out the board ? Never. 

He already had. Seagrave was already in the planning stages when he was around and the expansion of th East Stand was always in King Power's plans when talking about the growth of the club. The millions you refer to for those projects haven't cost us anything with regards the club itself. They're loans from a company King Power have used 9 times previously and all secured against future earnings. The money spent on them hasn't come from our club budget. They're also inevitable because both Vichai and Top have said that the club had to be self-sustaining not reliant on the KP cash cow to move forward.

Just now, iancognito said:

He already had. Seagrave was already in the planning stages when he was around and the expansion of th East Stand was always in King Power's plans when talking about the growth of the club. The millions you refer to for those projects haven't cost us anything with regards the club itself. They're loans from a company King Power have used 9 times previously and all secured against future earnings. The money spent on them hasn't come from our club budget. They're also inevitable because both Vichai and Top have said that the club had to be self-sustaining not reliant on the KP cash cow to move forward.

Had as in past tense. Would have we will never know. Which begs another hypothetical...would we be in this state if Kun was still here. I fort one doubt it...but we will never know...one thing is for sure, Vichai had a dream.

36 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

So many times when the guy who builds a successful business dies and then the son takes over the business.....it collapses

Happened with my wife's family business also. Sincerely hope this isn't the outcome with Top.

• Like 1

The buck stops with Top. If his underlings who he employs don't perform in their jobs, and he hasn't got the nous or balls to do anything about that, then he's a bigger problem then they are. Rodgers should've be sacked time ago, no amount of deflection will change that. 

Best thing the owners did was give Pearson the keys to the club and let him run the show.. Even then they tried to undermine him with Terry Robinson.

They were clueless before he came in and let’s face it have been pretty clueless since he left.

Ranieri -was an awful appointment on paper driven by agents that somehow produced an genuine miracle.

Shakespeare -was a good caretaker but never long term potential.

Puel -another agent driven stupid appointment that didn’t work on the pitch but recruitment during this period basically was sound.

Rodgers- the only genuinely good appointment since Pearson but giving him the keys to the club was madness especially, with his questionable record towards the end at every other club he’s been at.

Reality is football is full of incompetent suits that just believe what the latest snake oil salesman is giving them and we are no different to the rest

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I am furious now, how can a multi billionaire be this out of touch?

Answered your own question.

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Didn't help with the lockdowns and Covid-19 flying about. King Power must of took one massive hit because of it. I wouldn’t blame that on Top. That, as well as FFP, must of affected the club. Who knows where we stand financially.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just look at what happened to Ewing oil when JR succeeded Jock

It's a controversial (and totally baseless) instinct I've had for years l, but I've always firmly believed our financial windfall from the family has little to do with King Power. Amd that King Power's financial muscle has little to do with shifting duty free fags, whiskey and Toblerones  

The money stinks..always has. And the financial health of the club appears to be in tatters. There’s no.other explanation for the inertia.

Top,grow some balls and get rid now.

If I don't do my job properly I get sacked on the spot.

Rodgers should have gone last season e.g forest in the cup.

I fed up with people saying he won us the fa cup and charity shield,sorry the f.cking team did,

We've wasted all that money on the new training ground which we didn't need and the money should have been invested in the team.

So TOP do it now and send coco the clown toure with him too.

We the fans have got to show our feelings some how at the next game to push his departure over the line.

If we go down we will end up doing a forest or coventry which could take years to come back up.