Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

41 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I expect you would soon back track on this when we potentially have someone like Mike Ashley or like the Burnley owners trying to buy us?

Or are you just making the assumption we would get some nice rich owners in?

Mate this bloke looks to have as much common sense as Mike Ashley.

Absolutely clueless. The fact Rodgers in still in a job speaks volumes about the board, the ownership and the fanbase.

• Like 3

Guest Mee-9

He doesn’t give a shit about the club.

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, surrounded by complete Yes Men such as Rudkin who won’t do what is right for the club.

He’s running our club into the ground, expanding the ground when it doesn’t need doing. Building hotels to serve his own business interests rather than putting the football club first. Who is going to stay at the King Power Hotel next to the ground really when it is built? Keith from Sileby, or Ann from Countesthorpe isn’t. Who’s going to stay there when it’s miles out of town, only realistically away fans who are too daft to notice there’ll be a cheaper Holiday Inn next door or more central Premier Inn/Travelodge in a better location.

He’s a poor businessman. Good business owners do not let their prize assets run down their contracts and lose potentially millions on them. That is poor business management. You cannot escape that. If a manager at any company is running a team which is not profitable or successful, you replace that manage.

If we get relegated Top has to be to blame. For every game we lose with Rodgers still in charge, Top has to be to blame. 

Regardless of what he’s been through, he’s not got the minerals to run a successful football club. 

Just now, lozzyblue fox said:

Tops heart hasn't been in it since his dad passed away.

He sees us as his dad's club not his.

I can see him selling up but who would want to take us on with a 20 million pound debt in Rodgers.

We have no idea how he’s feeling… or what he’s got going on, how much involvement he has in this or any other asset / business. He could be hugely involved or he could be living the life of Riley off his Dad’s success. No one really knows though. 

It seems like COVID he’s been rather preoccupied - he’s got more than one thing to concentrate on. He’s got people at the football club taking care of most stuff.
Where I would question him is whether he’s got too much trust in those at the club and do they ever become accountable. It all feels too safe - no one like Whelan, Rudkin etc. will ever be questioned - way too comfortable for everyone. 

If that is the case, then he needs to either be more ruthless / make changes, or pass it up to someone else (as in sell). Which is such a shame, because again, this club under this family has really done the unthinkable.

Whatever happens, they’ll be part of the history here forever and rightly so.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lozzyblue fox said:

who would want to take us on with a 20 million pound debt in Rodgers.

Same kind of people that buy clubs to 'write off' debt but then take debt out against the club risking it's future and survival if it all goes tits up. 

That's how most owners are investing in clubs across the football pyramid, isn't it? 

We were just lucky we had shrewd owners that didn't risk everything against the club, and actually cared somewhat about the fans (compared to likes of Hull, Blackburn, Man Utd and Cardiff for example). 

I don't like where our club is at now and I'm thinking Top's job is perhaps too big for him without Vichai by his side. But on the flip side, with the kind of investors in clubs these days that care more about the money than the actual club, I dread to think who would buy us or invest in us and what actual long term damage they potentially could do. 

I think he is out of his depth to be honest which is fine but as long as we have the structure in place to be able to deal with the football side of things. I have no idea what the target is this season but I cannot imagine being in the bottom 2 is our target. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

For the millionth time, it's not a £20m debt, it's the net difference of a new managers wages for the rest of this season given we are down to pay Rodgers £10m this season anyway. A new manager will likely be out of work as it stands and on less than half of Rodgers salary and with a quarter of the season already gone, wages for the rest of this financial year would be around £4m. So it's £4m to sack him, it's such a scandalously easy decision to make and yet we aren't doing. 

Everyone saying we can’t afford to sack him please read this post. 

Sick of hearing we can’t afford it his wages have already been accounted for. The only additional expense is the new guys wages. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For the millionth time, it's not a £20m debt, it's the net difference of a new managers wages for the rest of this season given we are down to pay Rodgers £10m this season anyway. A new manager will likely be out of work as it stands and on less than half of Rodgers salary and with a quarter of the season already gone, wages for the rest of this financial year would be around £4m. So it's £4m to sack him, it's such a scandalously easy decision to make and yet we aren't doing. 

I’ve repeated this but been told I must be on the board 🙄 no I just don’t read the sun 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I was thinking within the next couple of months. He would definitely rather sell us as a Premier league club. 

He won’t get the price of a premier league club if it looks like we’re falling out of the division.

54 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I expect you would soon back track on this when we potentially have someone like Mike Ashley or like the Burnley owners trying to buy us?

Or are you just making the assumption we would get some nice rich owners in?

Tough one isn't it, he's clearly showing signs of not being up to it. This is a massive red flag and not one that should be ignored. The league aren't going to give us a special pass because Vichai did a good job for us and has credit in the bank. There are real life consequences to his actions right now.

Of course there's always the chance someone will come in and asset strip, there's always a chance something could go terribly wrong with any unknowns. At the minute the bloke is mincing around thailand at kids cafes instead of being here and showing the leadership we desperately need. That is unforgivable, especially as it's clear that he's having the final say on Rodgers position at the club. You could see it in Rudkins face at the game, stone faced next to a beaming top.

If he's not interested in running the club, then at least allow the execs that are there day to day to make decisions. Even Rudkin can see Rodgers is a clown and he's not exactly done himself proud in recent years.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

He doesn’t give a shit about the club.

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, surrounded by complete Yes Men such as Rudkin who won’t do what is right for the club.

He’s running our club into the ground, expanding the ground when it doesn’t need doing. Building hotels to serve his own business interests rather than putting the football club first. Who is going to stay at the King Power Hotel next to the ground really when it is built? Keith from Sileby, or Ann from Countesthorpe isn’t. Who’s going to stay there when it’s miles out of town, only realistically away fans who are too daft to notice there’ll be a cheaper Holiday Inn next door or more central Premier Inn/Travelodge in a better location.

He’s a poor businessman. Good business owners do not let their prize assets run down their contracts and lose potentially millions on them. That is poor business management. You cannot escape that. If a manager at any company is running a team which is not profitable or successful, you replace that manage.

If we get relegated Top has to be to blame. For every game we lose with Rodgers still in charge, Top has to be to blame. 

Regardless of what he’s been through, he’s not got the minerals to run a successful football club. 

Think you're speaking rubbish tbh.

The club needs revenue to compete. Business people and tourists will stay in the hotel, my dad and his wife stopped in the MK dons hotel the other week and they're not dons fans. 

There are fans wanting ST's and the only way you expand revenues and fan base is by increasing capacity. If there is a problem, that problem is the way the club sells tickets, they should be easier to purchase on the day and efforts should be made to better the atmosphere and the experience on the day, people don't like being ripped off.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I think he is out of his depth to be honest which is fine but as long as we have the structure in place to be able to deal with the football side of things. I have no idea what the target is this season but I cannot imagine being in the bottom 2 is our target. 

I think that's the problem, not only is he out of his depth but the football people around the club are too. Rudkin and Rodgers the chuckle brothers of the football world. One has destroyed our finances by dishing out ridiculous contracts and the other has created a spineless team, that literally shit themselves everytime they take the lead.

I actually thought better of Top, to be more open and transparent. He's absolutely accountable for turning the fan base rancid at the moment. If you still back Rodgers come out and say it. If you're trying to break this fire and hire mould then say it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Everyone saying we can’t afford to sack him please read this post. 

Sick of hearing we can’t afford it his wages have already been accounted for. The only additional expense is the new guys wages. 

I'm not advocating we keep him but what you say simply isn't true.

His wages is budgeted for, that's a lot different from having it to hand out to him. His salary is coming from day to day income paid monthly.

If we sack him we have to stump up the reported 10 mil in his Sacking Clause. 

That means we have to find 10 mil to pay him off, unless he's willing to agree to continue to receive it monthly. Which often happens.

Then you have to employ someone else even at 4 mil. That's another four million on top of what you're paying BR.

That's still a cost of 14 million at a time when income may be falling.

Our financial difficulties might be the reason we're not sacking him. Sometimes in life you just have to ride out a bad situation even if things get worse in the short term. Maybe that's where we are now. The truth is none of us know what the real situation is.

6 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Our financial difficulties might be the reason we're not sacking him

If this were true then it wouldn't matter whether we sack him or not because if we can't find the cash to afford that then we can't function as a Premier League club, or probably a professional one at all. So if you're right then the club is finished.

Luckily, I don't believe for a second that it is true.