Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

1 minute ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

If this were true then it wouldn't matter whether we sack him or not because if we can't find the cash to afford that then we can't function as a Premier League club, or probably a professional one at all. So if you're right then the club is finished.

Luckily, I don't believe for a second that it is true.

No of course it's not true that we are finished.  It just demonstrates how tight the finances might be.

I've been around long enough to remember when we couldn't even afford training Balls. Are things that bad, No they're not.

Maybe due to financial committments elsewhere we need to slow down and let things catch up.

The new hotel and ground improvements will help improve things greatly, Though they are a couple of years off.

Brendan can't blame the club for not backing him when his buys have been so poor. That's the real reason we're struggling on the pitch.

Then there's his foolishness in not using the whole squad. Plus  It's difficult to find answers on the pitch when you alienate yourself from players.

There's no doubt mistakes have been made but given time I'm certain things will improve both on and off the pitch.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

For the millionth time, it's not a £20m debt, it's the net difference of a new managers wages for the rest of this season given we are down to pay Rodgers £10m this season anyway. A new manager will likely be out of work as it stands and on less than half of Rodgers salary and with a quarter of the season already gone, wages for the rest of this financial year would be around £4m. So it's £4m to sack him, it's such a scandalously easy decision to make and yet we aren't doing. 

Is this right? Contracted til 2025 and if we are to pay him 10mil a year as you’ve stated then he’d be due a payout? If we sacked him now he wouldn’t get the full fee but he’d get a decent payoff surely 

Personally l realise that Top has to take much more into account than even the most ITK on here can imagine, like thousands of others I'd be interested in why he wont sack the man but we will probably never know the real reason.

Can Top see what we see?

Sometimes the hardest thing to see is what is really happening.

20 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

We need a cash cow to come in and buy into the club and take some of the pressure off of king power and top.

No, no, no!

I'd rather see us playing the likes of Burton and MK dons than sell to middle east butchers or Yanks.

For me selling my soul to the devil costs a lot more than that!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Is this right? Contracted til 2025 and if we are to pay him 10mil a year as you’ve stated then he’d be due a payout? If we sacked him now he wouldn’t get the full fee but he’d get a decent payoff surely 

He'd get about a years salary as a pay off. So baring in mind if he stays here he's getting £10m in wages that we have to account for, the net effect is what we've already paid him this quarter of the season and the new managers wages for the remainder of this season.

If we've somehow agreed to a clause he gets his entire contract paid up if we sack him then we deserve everything that comes our way, many closer to the club have said that's not the case though and it would be about a year's wages.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

No of course it's not true that we are finished.  It just demonstrates how tight the finances might be.

I've been around long enough to remember when we couldn't even afford training Balls. Are things that bad, No they're not.

Maybe due to financial committments elsewhere we need to slow down and let things catch up.

The new hotel and ground improvements will help improve things greatly, Though they are a couple of years off.

Brendan can't blame the club for not backing him when his buys have been so poor. That's the real reason we're struggling on the pitch.

Then there's his foolishness in not using the whole squad. Plus  It's difficult to find answers on the pitch when you alienate yourself from players.

There's no doubt mistakes have been made but given time I'm certain things will improve both on and off the pitch.

The mistakes were made last summer, we should never have signed Soumare, Bertrand, Vestegaard and Daka if finances were that bad. We should also have not given Rodgers that contract, we shouldn't be giving any manager that contract.  We gambled and failed due to somebodies lack.of forward thinking, pure incompetence.

We have players playing who won't be here next season so wheres their motivation, we let our captain and number 1 goalkeeper leave with no intention of replacing them, gambling on a second/third choice keeper,  this is monumental idiocy.

I am surprised there's not been more anger from the fans in the terraces not just towards Rodgers, but the board as well. 

And we get snippet comments from our Captain saying we aren't coping well under pressure.

I can't see anything other than relegation and I don't think I'm the only one, there's no fight anywhere in the club, I hope fans that go to the game against Palace can create enough of a stink the board might listen.

Maybe we have some quality in the U23s that can play, Iverson in, Daka and Nacho up front and we can get some points, new manager new motivation. 

Sad times.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He'd get about a years salary as a pay off. So baring in mind if he stays here he's getting £10m in wages that we have to account for, the net effect is what we've already paid him this quarter of the season and the new managers wages for the remainder of this season.

If we've somehow agreed to a clause he gets his entire contract paid up if we sack him then we deserve everything that comes our way, many closer to the club have said that's not the case though and it would be about a year's wages.

Why would he get a years salary? He’d be entitled to the full contract worth til 2025 officially. 

Now, in football when players/managers are let go they are rarely paid up to the full amount of their contract but I’d imagine he’d get longer than a years payout. Do you mind me asking where you’re getting these calculations from? They don’t seem accurate at all.

The highlighted part too: that’s how contracts work?!?

It’s very rare for clubs to insert a clause saying you’ll get X amount paid if sacked because it would be impossible to predict if and when they will sack that manager. The sacking normally occurs and a settlement is agreed that tends to be lower than the full value of the contract. The individual can choose to appeal and go to court over the full amount but rarely happens because of the costings and effort this requires, plus they’ll still get 60-70% of the contract paid up early anyway. 

• Like 1

This whole debacle is now Top’s fault. It’s clear Rodgers should have gone games ago. If Top won’t act we will be relegated and it’ll be Top’s fault. 

If he feels he is out of his depth then deputise people to run the club or sell up. 

Enough us enough 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Why would he get a years salary? He’d be entitled to the full contract worth til 2025 officially. 

Now, in football when players/managers are let go they are rarely paid up to the full amount of their contract but I’d imagine he’d get longer than a years payout. Do you mind me asking where you’re getting these calculations from? They don’t seem accurate at all.

It’s very rare for clubs to insert a clause saying you’ll get X amount paid if sacked because it would be impossible to predict if and when they will sack that manager. The sacking normally occurs and a settlement is agreed that tends to be lower than the full value of the contract. The individual can choose to appeal and go to court over the full amount but rarely happens because of the costings and effort this requires, plus they’ll still get 60-70% of the contract paid up early anyway. 

Its a fairly common clause that 99% of contracts will have that the manager will receive 1 years salary and generally the same would be paid to the club as comp if he were to be poached.

13 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

You'd also imagine though that clubs absolutely load contracts with performance clauses. 

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Its a fairly common clause that 99% of contracts will have that the manager will receive 1 years salary and generally the same would be paid to the club as comp if he were to be poached.

That’s not true at all, there’s some serious misinformation being spread on this forum surrounding Rodgers payout fee. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lozzyblue fox said:

Tops heart hasn't been in it since his dad passed away.

He sees us as his dad's club not his.

I can see him selling up but who would want to take us on with a 20 million pound debt in Rodgers.

KP would either want to retain ownership of stadium and training ground, just selling the rest kind of like how Derby was packaged up originally, or they would want a huge chunk of change.  We wouldnt be an easy sell.

This believing things can be turned around would be reasonable if Rodgers was new to the job and had a bad start. Top is sitting around waiting for something special to happen with a guy whose been employed here for 3 1/2 years. It’s ridiculous a ground adult could be that naive.

The errors, embarrassment and lack of professionalism has been incorporate by the Rodgers regime. If the players feel demotivated etc. HE is the guy who can’t get a tune out of them. 

And this, he might want to sell. Fine, sell but don’t **** up this club along the way - which is what he is doing. 

4 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Come on now I want Rodgers out pronto but calling our great owners names is not on. They have built us up from virtually nothing. I respect the ownership, but yes the clown should have gone months ago. 

Great owners that are watching us go down.wake up.