Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

11 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm becoming more and more convinced that he wants to sell. 

Has the fact he's keeping a manager that is driving us into the championship convinced you of this or is there something else?

8 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

I think you know exactly what I mean. Slating the owners is not the right course of action. 

A bizarre response to an even more bizarre initial statement. You should have more respect for this football club imho 

• Like 3

You’d think that the lack of enthusiasm we’re all feeling as fans would be making its way into the numbers off the field by now …. Shirt / merch sales must be well behind targets - hopefully they react to this if nothing else!

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Has the fact he's keeping a manager that is driving us into the championship convinced you of this or is there something else?

I tend to agree, new owners would pull the trigger and bring in their own. Can't see any other logical reason for putting up with this

30 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I think it’s really simple. His late dad has an almost infinite amount of credit in the bank.

A genuinely nice guy, honourable, and ethical he invested huge amounts of cash into a club that he became a fan of, every bit as much as we are. 

He ran the show brilliantly, kindly, with a conscience, and gave us the highest highs of our entire 138 year history. 

He was a truly remarkable man that tragically died whilst at the club he seemed to genuinely love.

His son has had to pick up the reigns, whilst grieving, during a pandemic that slammed his main business, and hope to continue to get things right. He doesn’t seem to be at present, but anyone with a heart will find it difficult to criticise him. 

:appl: it's really that simple 

28 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I think it’s really simple. His late dad has an almost infinite amount of credit in the bank.

A genuinely nice guy, honourable, and ethical he invested huge amounts of cash into a club that he became a fan of, every bit as much as we are. 

He ran the show brilliantly, kindly, with a conscience, and gave us the highest highs of our entire 138 year history. 

He was a truly remarkable man that tragically died whilst at the club he seemed to genuinely love.

His son has had to pick up the reigns, whilst grieving, during a pandemic that slammed his main business, and hope to continue to get things right. He doesn’t seem to be at present, but anyone with a heart will find it difficult to criticise him. 

Jesus weptlol

6 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Why would he get a years salary? He’d be entitled to the full contract worth til 2025 officially. 

Now, in football when players/managers are let go they are rarely paid up to the full amount of their contract but I’d imagine he’d get longer than a years payout. Do you mind me asking where you’re getting these calculations from? They don’t seem accurate at all.

The highlighted part too: that’s how contracts work?!?

It’s very rare for clubs to insert a clause saying you’ll get X amount paid if sacked because it would be impossible to predict if and when they will sack that manager. The sacking normally occurs and a settlement is agreed that tends to be lower than the full value of the contract. The individual can choose to appeal and go to court over the full amount but rarely happens because of the costings and effort this requires, plus they’ll still get 60-70% of the contract paid up early anyway. 

It's very rare managers get their entire contract, it's been reported he'd get around a years salary which is very common when managers get paid off. There's often a clause in their contract for stuff like this, like there is for managers to be released from their contracts too.

So as I've said before, he's already getting £10m a year anyway, if he's somehow managed to swindle the club in to owing him his full contract either in full or whilst he is out of work then more fool us, if its the latter it's still likely to be similar figures to what I've quoted as he'd not be out of the game for longer than a year, his ego wouldn't allow it. So it's essentially the cost of the new managers wages for the rest of the season.

A lot of our fanbase have only just started turning on Brendan due to his 'credit in the bank' so let's give Top more of a chance to put things right. Of he's unable to show he can lead this club in the correct manner then by all means ask the questions but I think it's too early to call for him to sell up personally 

That being said he needs to act quick in regards to sacking the fraud

9 hours ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

I think you know exactly what I mean. Slating the owners is not the right course of action. 

Yes it is. They run the club. They’re the only ones who can get rid of the manager.

Can’t be praising them when it’s all right but not criticising them when it’s all wrong.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's very rare managers get their entire contract, it's been reported he'd get around a years salary which is very common when managers get paid off. There's often a clause in their contract for stuff like this, like there is for managers to be released from their contracts too.

So as I've said before, he's already getting £10m a year anyway, if he's somehow managed to swindle the club in to owing him his full contract either in full or whilst he is out of work then more fool us, if its the latter it's still likely to be similar figures to what I've quoted as he'd not be out of the game for longer than a year, his ego wouldn't allow it. So it's essentially the cost of the new managers wages for the rest of the season.

So basically your sums are guesswork, just like everyone else’s 

Even when Rodgers is sacked the replacement will be an uninspiring, managed-in-the-PL-before appointment. The owner, board and directors don’t have any vision.

The mismanagement to get us into this situation isn’t a one off, this is us now until there’s personnel changes.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Some, in fact most, of the fan base really need to give their heads a wobble re the owners. Brainwashed into thinking that they are some sort of deity who supposedly invented Leicester City at some point in the last 12 years. 

They certainly are responsible for inventing the Leicester city who won the league and the F.A cup. something we had never done before or were ever likely to do without them. you need to give your head a wobble and be damn grateful for what they have done. No one has tried to brainwash anyone. What a ridiculous thing to say. 

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

They certainly are responsible for inventing the Leicester city who won the league and the F.A cup. something we had never done before or were ever likely to do without them. you need to give your head a wobble and be damn grateful for what they have done. No one has tried to brainwash anyone. What a ridiculous thing to say. 

The signed off cheques. They didn't score goals. Managers and players win you things.

11 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

They are definitely not responsible for winning us the league and FA cup. Yeah they played a part, but it’s not as if our title winning side cost hundreds of millions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

They are definitely not responsible for winning us the league and FA cup. Yeah they played a part, but it’s not as if our title winning side cost hundreds of millions.

So before they bought the club we would have done either of those things? you know the answer to that, don't you?

51 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The signed off cheques. They didn't score goals. Managers and players win you things.

Yes, who put the manager there santa clause? get a grip will you for goodness sake this is not a chicken-and-egg scenario. Look at where the club was before they became the owners do you seriously think we would have won the league or the F.A cup without them?

• Sad 1

Just now, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Yes, who put the manager there santa clause? get a grip will you for goodness sake this is not a chicken-and-egg scenario. Look at where the club was before they became the owners do you seriously think we would have won the league or the F.A cup without them?

But what has this got to do with getting Rodgers out? 

3 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Its a Monday morning relax.

They played a role in facilitating success, no doubt. The idea that ‘they won it us’ is just not true.

1 minute ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Not taking either side here, but right before they bought us Pearson had almost got us promoted to the Prem under Mandaric with a side that had no right to be anywhere near on paper. I imagine most would still have been very criticial of Mandaric, I think you're getting caught up between folk criticising the owners and assuming it means they don't appreciate what they've done.