Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

49 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

They are definitely not responsible for winning us the league and FA cup. Yeah they played a part, but it’s not as if our title winning side cost hundreds of millions.

So by your logic, the owners of Man city definitely have nothing to do with them being the best club in the prem then?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's very rare managers get their entire contract, it's been reported he'd get around a years salary which is very common when managers get paid off. There's often a clause in their contract for stuff like this, like there is for managers to be released from their contracts too.

So as I've said before, he's already getting £10m a year anyway, if he's somehow managed to swindle the club in to owing him his full contract either in full or whilst he is out of work then more fool us, if its the latter it's still likely to be similar figures to what I've quoted as he'd not be out of the game for longer than a year, his ego wouldn't allow it. So it's essentially the cost of the new managers wages for the rest of the season.

I'd say it's rarer they don't get the full contracts worth. The get out is usually putting them on gardening leave and they are paid until they take another job, at which point we stop paying. But we are talking about Rudkin here... 

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Its a Monday morning relax.

They played a role in facilitating success, no doubt. The idea that ‘they won it us’ is just not true.

So without their money we as a championship also ran ,won nothing club would have got ourselves promoted and gone on to win the prem and F.a cup ? I don't understand your logic.

58 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

They are definitely not responsible for winning us the league and FA cup. Yeah they played a part, but it’s not as if our title winning side cost hundreds of millions.

They are definitely partly responsible. Just as everyone else involved was. 

10 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I think it’s really simple. His late dad has an almost infinite amount of credit in the bank.

A genuinely nice guy, honourable, and ethical he invested huge amounts of cash into a club that he became a fan of, every bit as much as we are. 

He ran the show brilliantly, kindly, with a conscience, and gave us the highest highs of our entire 138 year history. 

He was a truly remarkable man that tragically died whilst at the club he seemed to genuinely love.

His son has had to pick up the reigns, whilst grieving, during a pandemic that slammed his main business, and hope to continue to get things right. He doesn’t seem to be at present, but anyone with a heart will find it difficult to criticise him. 

Everything you say about Vichai is of course correct. 

However, you are missing the point. The club is not operating how a well run PL club should. I mean we are not the first. A lot of people hold this club quite dear to their hearts and the manager, players chairman, board etc. are just a part of it, not THE part of it. 

What I was trying to say is with the emotion attached, seeing the errors that are being committed which is leading to a form of disaster that emotion will of course be high. Top, Brendan, the players, the board, the recruitment etc. have all in the last few years been praised heavily. The natural course of action in times of adversity is for there to be criticism. Holding some fans accountable for that (in some cases justifiable) criticism is unfair. They have reason to be disappointed. Let fans voice it. There is very little defence for what we have been served this summer and at the start of this season - naturally that frustration will come out. 

Top has big shoes to fill and that whether it fair or unfair, is a fact. Being a leader means you EXPECT the praise alongside the criticism. 

4 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

So without their money we as a championship also ran ,won nothing club would have got ourselves promoted and gone on to win the prem and F.a cup ? I don't understand your logic.

What im saying is the popular phrase and idea that ‘they won us the league’ is false. Leicester fans putting businessmen above actual players and managers in esteem is odd in my book.

They as owners were at times in the early days all over the shop. They then made some smart decisions and signed some cheques which helped success. The on field success was players and manager doing. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

They are definitely partly responsible. Just as everyone else involved was. 

They gave us the platform and financial clout to get us promoted. Without that one step, we would still be in the championship. we owe all of our present success to them. The ungrateful Leicester fans are an embarrassment. Imagine the Man city fans denying their owners had only a bit part in their success? people would laugh their heads off. Yet on here that is exactly what some posters are suggesting.

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

What im saying is the popular phrase and idea that ‘they won us the league’ is false. Leicester fans putting businessmen above actual players and managers in esteem is odd in my book.

They as owners were at times in the early days all over the shop. They then made some smart decisions and signed some cheques which helped success. The on field success was players and manager doing. 

And we as a club would have been where without them? we would have never been in a position to win the prem in the first place would we? so no owners and no title win it's as simple as that.

1 minute ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

They gave us the platform and financial clout to get us promoted. Without that one step, we would still be in the championship. we owe all of our present success to them. The ungrateful Leicester fans are an embarrassment. Imagine the Man city fans denying their owners had only a bit part in their success? people would laugh their heads off. Yet on here that is exactly what some posters are suggesting.

Why would we still be in the Championship? Didn't Mandaric appoint Sousa to make it a more attractive proposition to any buyers. So let's say Mandaric doesn't sell and we keep Pearson having just lost in the playoffs, can you with absolute certainty say we wouldn't have challenged again? I've already said this to you on the last page, we'd hardly had a bad couple of seasons before they came in.

From King Power's arrival to promotion, approx £19 million net spent in transfer fees. The major difference they made in that period was signing off a lot of running cost debt and get the stadium back in the hands of the club. In the PL, the injection of their own money has been largely a loan for the training ground and they have stayed clear of that since - even (sometimes bizarrely choosing not over egg stadium/shirt sponsorship deals).  

Comparing it to some Man City esque loading of money isn't comparable - really it's more like Brighton or Brentford size investment and then subsequently good player trading 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Why would we still be in the Championship? Didn't Mandaric appoint Sousa to make it a more attractive proposition to any buyers. So let's say Mandaric doesn't sell and we keep Pearson having just lost in the playoffs, can you with absolute certainty say we wouldn't have challenged again? I've already said this to you on the last page, we'd hardly had a bad couple of seasons before they came in.

No, but I can say with absolute certainty that it was our present owners who delivered not some maybe's.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's very rare managers get their entire contract, it's been reported he'd get around a years salary which is very common when managers get paid off. There's often a clause in their contract for stuff like this, like there is for managers to be released from their contracts too.

So as I've said before, he's already getting £10m a year anyway, if he's somehow managed to swindle the club in to owing him his full contract either in full or whilst he is out of work then more fool us, if its the latter it's still likely to be similar figures to what I've quoted as he'd not be out of the game for longer than a year, his ego wouldn't allow it. So it's essentially the cost of the new managers wages for the rest of the season.

Miles off it bud 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

From King Power's arrival to promotion, approx £19 million net spent in transfer fees. The major difference they made in that appear was signing off a lot of running cost debt. In the PL, the injection of their own money has been largely a loan for the training ground and they have stayed clear of that since - even (sometimes bizarrely choosing not over egg stadium/shirt sponsorship deals).  

Comparing it to some Man City esque loading of money isn't comparable - really it's more like Brighton or Brentford size investment and then subsequently good player trading 

I was not comparing the financial input with Man city. I was pointing out that their fans would never deny the fact that their owners turned that club into what it is today.To hear our own fans on here minimizing what our owners did is embarrassing.

14 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Everything you say about Vichai is of course correct. 

However, you are missing the point. The club is not operating how a well run PL club should. I mean we are not the first. A lot of people hold this club quite dear to their hearts and the manager, players chairman, board etc. are just a part of it, not THE part of it. 

What I was trying to say is with the emotion attached, seeing the errors that are being committed which is leading to a form of disaster that emotion will of course be high. Top, Brendan, the players, the board, the recruitment etc. have all in the last few years been praised heavily. The natural course of action in times of adversity is for there to be criticism. Holding some fans accountable for that (in some cases justifiable) criticism is unfair. They have reason to be disappointed. Let fans voice it. There is very little defence for what we have been served this summer and at the start of this season - naturally that frustration will come out. 

Top has big shoes to fill and that whether it fair or unfair, is a fact. Being a leader means you EXPECT the praise alongside the criticism. 

I agree with your original post and this follow up.

I wasn’t suggesting Top is doing the right thing sticking by Rodgers, just answering the original point of why he’s not getting more criticism…

I think we fully agree, but are just articulating different aspects of the situation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

I was not comparing the financial input with Man city. I was pointing out that their fans would never deny the fact that their owners turned that club into what it is today.To hear our own fans on here minimizing what our owners did is embarrassing.

And I was just pointing out that the investment was more akin to what plenty of other clubs have gone through - and then subsequently the players/staff etc improved upon where others current. 

If you asking me have King Power been a factor in achieving our success? Yes 

Could we have achieved those things without King Power? Yes too 

Edited by CosbehFox

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

And I was just pointing out that the investment was more akin to what plenty of other clubs have gone through - and then subsequently the players/staff etc improved upon where others current. 

If you asking me have King Power been a factor in achieving our success? Yes 

Could we have achieved those things without King Power? Yes too 

Not just a factor it's a reality. whereas your conjecture relies on could we without them. That is very doubtful but I agree not provable. but back to reality.

40 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

So by your logic, the owners of Man city definitely have nothing to do with them being the best club in the prem then?

Read what I wrote again. I said they played their part, just as Man City owners have played their part. Do you think without Pep Man City win half of what they have? 

5 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

I’ve said it before. Top has lost interest. He has other interests ie horse racing. 

Said with such certainty.

How on earth do you know? His Forest programme notes didn't suggest he's lost interest.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Its a Monday morning relax.

They played a role in facilitating success, no doubt. The idea that ‘they won it us’ is just not true.

Chelsea won us the League by beating spurs and also won us the Cup by being shit on the day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1