Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Said with such certainty.

How on earth do you know? His Forest programme notes didn't suggest he's lost interest.

Do you really think he had anything to do with what was said in the programme? Or he just told his secretary to put a message out for the fans 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Not just a factor it's a reality. whereas your conjecture relies on could we without them. That is very doubtful but I agree not provable. but back to reality.

Clubs such as Brentford, Brighton, Bournemouth, Leeds, Villa, Southampton, Wolves have all had comparable takeovers in living memory which assisted them in getting into the top flight. 

Our staff (which were here before King Power) built better squads and had better training regimes than those teams which gained our success. The financial muscle once in the top flight was next to nothing in comparison. If you can illustrate a decision or a financial investment made by the owners which made us in any different from those collection of clubs have pointed out please do so. 

Did they save us from a difficult situation in the second tier? Yes. Have plenty of other clubs done that? Yes

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

With unlimited money to spend, Man City would have won half of what they have with me as the coach.

They'd have won about 90% of it with any actual coach; having a really good one has added the extra 10%.

So why did they not win 4 out of the last 5 premier leagues with Pellegrini and Mnacini as their manager? Why have they not won the champions league when they have the richest owners in the world who give them "unlimited money"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

So why did they not win 4 out of the last 5 premier leagues with Pellegrini and Mnacini as their manager? Why have they not won the champions league when they have the richest owners in the world who give them "unlimited money"

They are shooting fish in a barrel in the PL. In the Champions League its a different matter entirely. Guardiola is a fine coach who commands respect for his intelligence and his excellent playing career but if you have the best and most expensive car , you usually win the race.

10 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

With unlimited money to spend, Man City would have won half of what they have with me as the coach.

They'd have won about 90% of it with any actual coach; having a really good one has added the extra 10%.

oooh I reckon Brendan could have managed much less and still found someone else to blame! 

• Haha 2

Just now, An Sionnach said:

They are shooting fish in a barrel in the PL. In the Champions League its a different matter entirely. Guardiola is a fine coach who commands respect for his intelligence and his excellent playing career but if you have the best and most expensive car , you usually win the race.

Yes, because it has worked so well for Man United

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

But we were talking about Guardiola, not Pellegrini or Mancini. They were part of the building it up. Guardiola took over a club more established as a major force. And why haven't they won the Champions League? (a) Europe's full of teams (okay, not full exactly, but there are a few) with unlimited money. Only one of them can win it each year. (b) they haven't won it yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Actions speak much louder than words in the program 

The way he reacted in the stands to us beating Forest suggests to me that he's still interested.

Just because he hasn't made the decision we all want him to make (yet) doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't give a shit anymore.

• Like 3

Just now, Lcfc098 said:

Seems clear that some people would rather see us go down than see Top who cannot do no wrong be criticised.

No body is beyond criticism and great bloke, wonderful chairman he's been etc he's been asleep at the wheel for a while now and he needs to get back on it or pass over to someone else to come in 

• Like 1

Just now, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

But we were talking about Guardiola, not Pellegrini or Mancini. They were part of the building it up. Guardiola took over a club more established as a major force. And why haven't they won the Champions League? (a) Europe's full of teams (okay, not full exactly, but there are a few) with unlimited money. Only one of them can win it each year. (b) they haven't won it yet.

Your original point was any manager would be able to win the trophies Pep has with Man City's owners money. So my question is why did Pellegrini and Mancini not do exactly that? And why have Man united been this bad for this many years when they spend even more money than Man City?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Yes, because it has worked so well for Man United

Guardiola would get them playing better no doubt , but Man City have better players overall and that is down to clever recruitment , while Utd. have been all over the place.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Guardiola would get them playing better no doubt , but Man City have better players overall and that is down to clever recruitment , while Utd. have been all over the place.

Correct, meaning unlimited money does not guarantee you trophies

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lcfc098 said:

Seems clear that some people would rather see us go down than see Top who cannot do no wrong be criticised.

I think there's a difference between him not sacking Rodgers yet vs whether or not he cares/is still interested.

I'll criticize him for not pulling the trigger but that doesn't necessarily mean he's not arsed about Leicester anymore. We've got no idea what his thinking/rationale is.

And of course nobody wants to see us go down :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I'd say it's rarer they don't get the full contracts worth. The get out is usually putting them on gardening leave and they are paid until they take another job, at which point we stop paying. But we are talking about Rudkin here... 

41 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Miles off it bud 

I'm not miles off it, I've a very good friend who's a football agent and has been involved in this. Its already been reported by the press he'd be looking at around a year's wages, it's very common for a notice period to be included and is pretty similar for managers to be released from their contracts too in a montery sense (a release clause). Rodgers did have one of these in his 1st contracts not so sure on his new one he signed.

This is worth a read, as I've said most managers contracts tend to have a notice period. Unfair dismissal many have grounds for but maximum pay out is less than £100k so no point them going for it.

https://www.mlplaw.co.uk/football-managers-and-employment-law/

• Like 1

Just now, Lcfc098 said:

Your original point was any manager would be able to win the trophies Pep has with Man City's owners money. So my question is why did Pellegrini and Mancini not do exactly that? And why have Man united been this bad for this many years when they spend even more money than Man City?

Firstly, my original point was any manager would be able to win half the trophies Pep has with Man City's owners money. I then said a proper manager would win 90%.
Secondly, and I repeat, if we're talking about Guardiola, we're talking about the time he's been there, not about the years before that, during which the money was establishing them as a major force in football, When he arrived they were established.

Thirdly, I'm not suggesting Guardiola isn't a better coach than almost anyone else. He is. Which is why they used some of the unlimited money to get him and then sign all the players he wanted.

Fourthly, I can't believe I'm spending so much time discussing Man City, when I'm not the least bit interested in them!

And fifthly, my original point was basically a joke.

11 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

No, you are right to criticize the owners at this moment in time. we are all angry seeing our club go down the drain and it is right and proper to also include Top in the blame.

5 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Not investing in a Premier League side that requires investing in, shows a lack of interest doesn’t it? Otherwise things inevitably go stale. 

You can't invest what you haven't got or, due to wages and amount of players you already have, doing so may invoke problems due to FFP. 

Notwithstanding that, there's absolutely no excuse for being in the current position we are with the players the manager has available to him. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

3 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Not investing in a Premier League side that requires investing in, shows a lack of interest doesn’t it? Otherwise things inevitably go stale. 

My house need’s massive investment, it’s falling to pieces. But I’m skint so can’t afford to get it fixed right now.

Im probably more interested in the state of my house than ever tbh.

• Like 1