Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

4 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

I’ve said it before. Top has lost interest. He has other interests ie horse racing. 

They're not mutually exclusive lol

If I'd lost interest in something like a football club, I'd sell up and not travel halfway around the world to watch them.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Not investing in a Premier League side that requires investing in, shows a lack of interest doesn’t it? Otherwise things inevitably go stale. 

Genuine question as I've no idea but how much has the owners EVER invested in the club? Top OR Khun Vichai? I'm certain there was ample amounts in the early days but as for the last few years or so? I can't recall too much. They were never big on pumping in loads of cash and everything we've spent, wether it be on players or the infrastructure  was always covered by revenue brought in as a self sustained club. 

This isn't a criticism btw, it just an observation that, this is how they've always seemed to run the club which they've done very successfully bit I also understand the sudden questions over it considering we've hit a bump but we shouldn't rewrite history and insinuate (not that you personally were) that there has been a sudden change in our business plan. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Even when Rodgers is sacked the replacement will be an uninspiring, managed-in-the-PL-before appointment. The owner, board and directors don’t have any vision.

The mismanagement to get us into this situation isn’t a one off, this is us now until there’s personnel changes.

It’ll be another pass the ball to death merchant.

Because “it’s the way to play footballlllllll”.

Because “it’s successful for Man City…..”.

2 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

They certainly are responsible for inventing the Leicester city who won the league and the F.A cup. something we had never done before or were ever likely to do without them. you need to give your head a wobble and be damn grateful for what they have done. No one has tried to brainwash anyone. What a ridiculous thing to say. 

Thank you for proving my point. 

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Genuine question as I've no idea but how much has the owners EVER invested in the club? Top OR Khun Vichai? I'm certain there was ample amounts in the early days but as for the last few years or so? I can't recall too much. They were never big on pumping in loads of cash and everything we've spent, wether it be on players or the infrastructure  was always covered by revenue brought in as a self sustained club. 

This isn't a criticism btw, it just an observation that, this is how they've always seemed to run the club which they've done very successfully bit I also understand the sudden questions over it considering we've hit a bump but we shouldn't rewrite history and insinuate (not that you personally were) that there has been a sudden change in our business plan. 

Yeah, this is what people are failing to see. Even the money for our training ground and new stand is apparently a loan taken out against the clubs assets. Realistically, the money the owners have put in have all been from the player sales we've made each window i.e maguire, mahrez, kante, chilwell. This year we didnt even get the money from the fofana sale back in the club which effectively means, they are taking money out of the club.

1 minute ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I'm no expert, but isn't that why people own businesses? To make them money?

So you're okay with him taking money out of the club and leaving us with absolutely zero to spend on transfers as was evident? You seem very fickle

• Haha 1

Guest bennytwohats
3 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

So you're okay with him taking money out of the club and leaving us with absolutely zero to spend on transfers as was evident? You seem very fickle

Sorry but if you’re going to claim they’re taking money out the costs you ought to back that up with evidence.

there can be a multitude of reasons that the Fofana money wasn’t reinvested in players that don’t involve taking money out the club. Eg pay other things (salary, stadium, training ground), pay off debts, cash reserves for future things. Why do you think they’ve taken money out of the club?

Silence from the board is utterly deafening. 

We’re deep in trouble, needing characters to step up and be counted and there’s just silence. 

Manager is a charlatan, the players are clueless and the decision makers at the top are awol. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

We’re deep in trouble, needing characters to step up and be counted and there’s just silence. 

Manager is a charlatan, the players are clueless and the decision makers at the top are awol. 

Can't argue with that at the moment to be fair. that's about how every one of us feels.:thumbup:

1 minute ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Please enlighten me whereby you know it's been taken out of the club by the owners. shocking.:nigel:

So we do not have enough to give rodgers 10m to leave, we dont have enough to sign new players yet you believe this money is not being taken out? As i said.. fickle

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

So we do not have enough to give rodgers 10m to leave, we dont have enough to sign new players yet you believe this money is not being taken out? As i said.. fickle

Who said we don't have enough money to pay Rodgers off? This is all speculation from fans. You can't just take money out a business, it would have to be via a dividend to the parent company - and the company would have to have enough reserves and cash to do so. Hasn't ever happened under the the current ownership.

I think the money is a red herring.  The issue here is that Brendan has the board convinced he is the man to turn this around.  He is no doubt a very convincing man, and he no doubt believes in himself too.  It's quite a powerful thing to overcome that and make the tough decision to move him on.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

What messaging are you expecting from the Board out of interest?

And has our Board, or any other Football Club’s Boards provided anything similar in the past?

It never ceases to amaze me that there is some kind of expectation from supporters that they are kept in the loop with the entire going-ons inside a Football Club. Baffling.

• Like 4

Just now, Tommy G said:

Who said we don't have enough money to pay Rodgers off? This is all speculation from fans. You can't just take money out a business, it would have to be via a dividend to the parent company - and the company would have to have enough reserves and cash to do so. Hasn't ever happened under the the current ownership.

You can also take money out by lending a chunk of money and charging interest above the group rate, ie KP borrow from the market, and lends to LCFC with margin on top.

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

I think the money is a red herring.  The issue here is that Brendan has the board convinced he is the man to turn this around.  He is no doubt a very convincing man, and he no doubt believes in himself too.  It's quite a powerful thing to overcome that and make the tough decision to move him on.

EXACTLY. The money thing is a great smokescreen, could even be from within the club, to buy Rodgers some more time if they board still fully support him knowing the majority of the fans don't.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Absolutely shocking that you are alleging the owners are taking money out of the club without a single shred of evidence. And you have the nerve to call anyone else fickle?:nigel:

4 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Can you provide the proof that we don't have enough money to pay Rodgers off? All evidence points to the fact that the board don't unanimously want him gone, which is different to not having the money to get him out.

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

You can also take money out by lending a chunk of money and charging interest above the group rate, ie KP borrow from the market, and lends to LCFC with margin on top.

Yes you can - I understand that - I was trying to give the guy a vanilla example

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

What messaging are you expecting from the Board out of interest?

And has our Board, or any other Football Club’s Boards provided anything similar in the past?

It never ceases to amaze me that there is some kind of expectation from supporters that they are kept in the loop with the entire going-ons inside a Football Club. Baffling.

Good point, majority of people commentating on here have never ran an established sized business and you can tell.

• Like 2