Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

I wonder if Top is looking for a partner investor. I have complete faith in the Thai family. Look how the city itself has benefited. 

I'm not sure however about the board. Rudkin has shown severe limitations, Wheelan who has just won some business award not sure.

100%sure that Rodgers has lost any semblance of a good coach or master tactician. This isn't recent it was quite evident last season. The man is a fraud,he must go whatever the cost

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fairbanksh said:

I wonder if Top is looking for a partner investor. I have complete faith in the Thai family. Look how the city itself has benefited. 

I'm not sure however about the board. Rudkin has shown severe limitations, Wheelan who has just won some business award not sure.

100%sure that Rodgers has lost any semblance of a good coach or master tactician. This isn't recent it was quite evident last season. The man is a fraud,he must go whatever the cost

Hasn't there always been this? A Chinese  (I think) gentleman is named on the board. Not much out there on the chap but im sure in the early days it came out he had really big dough.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Good point, majority of people commentating on here have never ran an established sized business and you can tell.

Football fans basically feel like they are the most important part of a Football Club, well for those who believe that, I hope this doesn’t burst your egos, but we’re not!

Do supporters genuinely expect the Board to release some kind of statement stating “we’ve started the season like an absolute bag of sh!t, we’re in the process of binning off our incompetent manager and are just working out the financials and our replacement options. We will release a further statement once the above changes have been secured” …. Like seriously, what comms do these fans expect?

Edited by MalletFox
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Hasn't there always been this? A Chinese  (I think) gentleman is named on the board. Not much out there on the chap but im sure in the early days it came out he had really big dough.

Shilai Liu

Good luck finding out anything about him though!

2 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

Yeah, this is what people are failing to see. Even the money for our training ground and new stand is apparently a loan taken out against the clubs assets. Realistically, the money the owners have put in have all been from the player sales we've made each window i.e maguire, mahrez, kante, chilwell. This year we didnt even get the money from the fofana sale back in the club which effectively means, they are taking money out of the club.

No it doesnt mean that. Come on. Be reasonably critical, that's allowed but dont pass off something which can easily be proved as wrong as fact. 

11 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

He owns a polo club in China and is related to some ex government officials.

https://www.ft.com/content/f6ace4c8-9da1-11e1-9a9e-00144feabdc0

Don’t think he’s ever shown his face at the KP though weirdly despite being the Vice Chairman

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

Football fans basically feel like they are the most important part of a Football Club, well for those who believe that, I hope this doesn’t burst your egos, but we’re not!

Do supporters genuinely expect the Board to release some kind of statement stating “we’ve started the season like an absolute bag of sh!t, we’re in the process of binning off our incompetent manager and are just working out the financials and our replacement options. We will release a further statement once the above changes have been secured” …. Like seriously, what comms do these fans expect?

Very fair point, and gives a bit of hope, but feels like groundhog day. They need to get a ****ing wriggle on. Problem is I don't have faith that they have accepted the inevitable yet.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Very fair point, and gives a bit of hope, but feels like groundhog day. They need to get s ****ing wriggle on. Problem is I don't have faith that they have accepted the inevitable yet.

I agree with you, and I genuinely believe that they MUST atleast be discussing alternatives. I don’t buy into this narrative that Top and the exec are somehow blind to our appalling performances, they see it. And like any business, I “think” they will be making provisions for the next move. They might not be on the same timescales as what some of our fanbase want, but I’m positive they will be engaged with the possibilities of making a change.

What they won’t do, and never will, is release some kind of informative statement for the fans benefit which would undermine the current management team, as it would only drive even worse performance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

I used to have this theory that we were really owned by the King of Thailand/Thai government. Vichai and Top were just the front guys . Was even more convinced when their net worth went from £150m to billions in a few years . 

Now that any Man City style spending has never happened I'm not sure my theory holds any weight. 😅 

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

A lot of people won’t want to hear it but with the family’s rather ominous link to the Thai monarchy and the fact they run more or less a monopoly back in Thailand on top of recent political events over there, you could argue they’re one of the most successful examples of sportswashing going. If they happened to be Russian and shared the same link to the head of state known for jailing opposition activists then I don’t think the outright hero worship would be as widespread as it is.

Could you even be successful in Thailand without been close to the Thai Royal family ?

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

A lot of people won’t want to hear it but with the family’s rather ominous link to the Thai monarchy and the fact they run more or less a monopoly back in Thailand on top of recent political events over there, you could argue they’re one of the most successful examples of sportswashing going. If they happened to be Russian and shared the same link to the head of state known for jailing opposition activists then I don’t think the outright hero worship would be as widespread as it is.

Must say it has occurred to me to wonder sometimes how nobody in the history of the world has ever got as rich as Vichai did simply by being nice...

People don't generally become billionaires by being nice, by definition if you have got there then there will be huge amounts of inequality between the people making the money for a billionaire and the billionaire themselves. There is a higher percentage of sociopaths and psychopaths that become mega-rich and get into leader roles and politics too.

2 hours ago, MalletFox said:

Football without fans is nothing. You should know that. We saw how poor the spectacle was during the covid season. Football at the top professional level will wither on the vine if fans turned their backs on it. 

I don't think anyone expects or wants the owners to put out a statement in those terms. Diplomatic language can be found and in these times we deserve more communication. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

We could still be in the championship without Pearson, or the players, or Walsh's scouting. After all, their money did nothing for a long time until Pearson came back. 

Agreed. but don't forget the present owners also took the stadium payments off our backs. they were forever a drain on our finances and would have continued to be up to the present. It was also their decision to bring back Pearson and sack him again ( and for a very good reason ) They gave Ranieri the job and did not shy away from sacking him either when it became evident he was taking us down despite him being the manager in charge when we won the prem title. They are also the ones who have put millions into our local NHS. But hey let's all put the boot in the minute things go a bit wrong.:dunno:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Come on now I want Rodgers out pronto but calling our great owners names is not on. They have built us up from virtually nothing. I respect the ownership, but yes the clown should have gone months ago. 

This myth needs to stop. It's this kind of stuff that's ultimately making them unaccountable for this absolute rubbish. We're in real danger of dropping to a new low on our current trajectory.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

I have two issues with the relationship between the owners and the fans: 

1) Past glories and tragic events have made folk unable to accept that the owners have or can make bad decisions. 

2) The inability to separate Top from his father, he’s only been in charge himself for four years and yet to have to make a hard decision. 

Ultimately, that Thais have been net great owners but Top is his own man (and it’s a bit condescending to simply consider him an extension of his father) and this is ultimately his first big test, in the four years under him we’ve seen our finances mismanaged and our manager has looked unfit for purpose for, depending who you ask, up to 18 months plus. He ultimately bears the mantle for the club’s future as it’ll be his legacy as owner. 

Glad somebody said it…

40 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Agreed. but don't forget the present owners also took the stadium payments off our backs. they were forever a drain on our finances and would have continued to be up to the present. It was also their decision to bring back Pearson and sack him again ( and for a very good reason ) They gave Ranieri the job and did not shy away from sacking him either when it became evident he was taking us down despite him being the manager in charge when we won the prem title. They are also the ones who have put millions into our local NHS. But hey let's all put the boot in the minute things go a bit wrong.:dunno:

Well, yeah, this is football. It happens. Just like the boot goes into the manager the minute things go wrong.

44 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

We aren't living in Jonestown, they are and should be open to criticism when they get things wrong, this isn't a cult.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Football without fans is nothing. You should know that. We saw how poor the spectacle was during the covid season. Football at the top professional level will wither on the vine if fans turned their backs on it. 

I don't think anyone expects or wants the owners to put out a statement in those terms. Diplomatic language can be found and in these times we deserve more communication. 

Fans play a part, but are not the be-all and end-all, ultimately if a fan became disenfranchised and didn’t bother going to games anymore, somebody else would. As we’ve seen over the years, the type of fan might change based on how football is taken forward, leaving behind those who no longer relate to the game to be replaced with (probably younger) fans who don’t hold the same pre-defined views.

Regards your expectations on more diplomatic wording from the club, can you give me an example of what exactly you are wanting? What do you want the club’s hierarchy to tell the fans, and subsequently the world?