Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

Fans play a part, but are not the be-all and end-all, ultimately if a fan became disenfranchised and didn’t bother going to games anymore, somebody else would. As we’ve seen over the years, the type of fan might change based on how football is taken forward, leaving behind those who no longer relate to the game to be replaced with (probably younger) fans who don’t hold the same pre-defined views.

Regards your expectations on more diplomatic wording from the club, can you give me an example of what exactly you are wanting? What do you want the club’s hierarchy to tell the fans, and subsequently the world?

I think the club could explain and tell us everything that you mentioned but in a different, more subtle style. Top's programme notes from a few weeks ago gave us some insight into what is going on. It's time for another carefully worded statement that might go some way to diffuse the ever increasing tension. It won't though if we lose the next two home games. 

54 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I think the club could explain and tell us everything that you mentioned but in a different, more subtle style. Top's programme notes from a few weeks ago gave us some insight into what is going on. It's time for another carefully worded statement that might go some way to diffuse the ever increasing tension. It won't though if we lose the next two home games. 

That was 5 and a half weeks ago, are we expecting running updates from the Chairman every 5/6 weeks? 

You say the Club could word it diplomatically, anyone with half a brain cell would be able to interpret the meaning of any such statement from the Club, and as I said originally, all it would serve to do is undermine the current manager and his staff, drive morale down further and negatively impact things further. It would serve zero purpose other than to apparently keep some fans happier that they are kept updated with the inner workings/thinkings of the Club’s hierarchy. As I say, it’s self-fulfilling on the fans parts cos “I wanna know what’s happening”. Quite rightly, we don’t until a decision is made, I’m quite comfortable with that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Agreed. but don't forget the present owners also took the stadium payments off our backs. they were forever a drain on our finances and would have continued to be up to the present. It was also their decision to bring back Pearson and sack him again ( and for a very good reason ) They gave Ranieri the job and did not shy away from sacking him either when it became evident he was taking us down despite him being the manager in charge when we won the prem title. They are also the ones who have put millions into our local NHS. But hey let's all put the boot in the minute things go a bit wrong.:dunno:

Mate no one is disputing the good the current owners have done , it's clear for everyone to see, but at this rather difficult, challenging time, we find ourselves in "relegation zone" playing rancid Rodgers ball week in week out, we all need and want to see a positive reaction, to see a squad capable of a minimum mid table finish, firing on all cylinders again. 

Top is the only man able to influence that, he hasn't, so the criticism is understandable.

We have gone from:

1. Blaming players individual performances.

2. Bad signings last summer.

3. Blaming Rodgers.

4. Blaming Fans.

5. Turning on each others comments.

6. ITK - Knowing nothing.

7. Now Blaming / criticising the Board / Owners, for inaction.

8. Being skint and sticking to the Financial rules.

9. Not qualifying for the Champions league.

10. Lots of interesting and varied observations to be fair.

It all ultimately leads to one person, the Manager, he needs to go, but as someone else has said it's a bit deeper than just that now, getting rid of Brendan is a quick win for starters, and a change will hopefully give us breathing space, to address and secure our long term future in the Prem lessons learnt hopefully.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MalletFox said:

What messaging are you expecting from the Board out of interest?

And has our Board, or any other Football Club’s Boards provided anything similar in the past?

It never ceases to amaze me that there is some kind of expectation from supporters that they are kept in the loop with the entire going-ons inside a Football Club. Baffling.

Oh yeah, because that’s what I meant. I expect Top to let me know every time he’s going for a piss. 

Do you think there’s been enough communication or cohesion from the club all summer? Rumours of BR sacking, rumours of Top selling the club, rumours of no money, rumours this rumours that. Crikey, we couldn’t even announce the away kit properly. 

Or club statement just clarifying a few bits and bobs whilst we’re in a mess would help settle the club and let the fans know there’s a rough plan moving forward. 

Not really too much to ask is it, what a stupid post from yourself. 

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Haha 1

Think I'm about done with Top now. Shows his face every 6 weeks but mainly just spaffs around in Thailand opening cafes, buying ridiculously priced food and hanging around with groups of suspicious looking women. Clearly he's not arsed at this point. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Apollo said:

So basically your sums are guesswork, just like everyone else’s 

.....I have stated it before, Moyes received £5m from United after doing 10 months of a 6-year contract!!!

It is not outlandish to believe that remuneration of a year's salary would be what Rodgers will receive should we show him the door.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....I have stated it before, Moyes received £5m from United after doing 10 months of a 6-year contract!!!

It is not outlandish to believe that remuneration of a year's salary would be what Rodgers will receive should we show him the door.

We spent £15m on Wout. This isn't about money. This is Top being clueless about football and being far too keen on Brendan. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Agreed. but don't forget the present owners also took the stadium payments off our backs. they were forever a drain on our finances and would have continued to be up to the present. It was also their decision to bring back Pearson and sack him again ( and for a very good reason ) They gave Ranieri the job and did not shy away from sacking him either when it became evident he was taking us down despite him being the manager in charge when we won the prem title. They are also the ones who have put millions into our local NHS. But hey let's all put the boot in the minute things go a bit wrong.:dunno:

They are investors not philanthropists

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

We spent £15m on Wout. This isn't about money. This is Top being clueless about football and being far too keen on Brendan. 

.....I know it is not about money, I have been resolutely following the man from la Mancha tilting at that windmill!!!

My post was to emphasize that we do not have to shell out Rodgers' whole contract in order to get him out the door.  Very much Top's loyalty to Rodgers and the bond they have forged has blinded the club as to what is the best course of action, and Top having the final say, can drive a project to the wall.

It would be good to hear Top's reasoning on why this charade is continuing to be played out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Oh yeah, because that’s what I meant. I expect Top to let me know every time he’s going for a piss. 

Do you think there’s been enough communication or cohesion from the club all summer? Rumours of BR sacking, rumours of Top selling the club, rumours of no money, rumours this rumours that. Crikey, we couldn’t even announce the away kit properly. 

Or club statement just clarifying a few bits and bobs whilst we’re in a mess would help settle the club and let the fans know there’s a rough plan moving forward. 

Not really too much to ask is it, what a stupid post from yourself. 

Who creates rumours? The club isn’t obliged to respond to rumours spouted from click bait media outlets or supporters getting their knickers in a twist. 

The delay on kit releases was pretty well publicised and we all know the reasons behind that, it impacted most clubs.

I don’t think my post was silly, I just don’t need (or expect) as much reassurance from the club as you do apparently. 

3 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Who creates rumours? The club isn’t obliged to respond to rumours spouted from click bait media outlets or supporters getting their knickers in a twist. 

The delay on kit releases was pretty well publicised and we all know the reasons behind that, it impacted most clubs.

I don’t think my post was silly, I just don’t need (or expect) as much reassurance from the club as you do apparently. 

I’m glad you’re reassured by the club at the moment because I’m certainly not, I think we’re in a right old mess. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Looking at the table just thinking what does it have to get to for him to act.

Being too far adrift from 17th, I guess. Rodgers' probably just saying to them 'a couple of wins and we're out of it'. And they're buying it like chumps. 

11 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I’m glad you’re reassured by the club at the moment because I’m certainly not, I think we’re in a right old mess. 

I didn’t say I was reassured, I said I don’t need to be, or expect to be. Again, I come back to what exactly are you expecting? Can you genuinely provide any examples from any club, ever, where they have apparently “reassured” the fans with some kind of statement, other than when they’ve parted ways with a manager?