Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

No, no need. It's exactly what I thought you would say. still, it doesn't stop you from overriding your conscience by going to the matches eh? why only now are people bringing the owner's ethics into the spotlight? Never heard a bloody thing from anyone when we were winning the title and the F.A cup. :dunno:

Oh its been said yeah. You just had a pile on those voices at that point.

Some of us have never been totally comfortable with it.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Yes i can understand that :thumbup:. But apart from lottery winners all multi-millionaires are guilty of having little or no ethics. so our owners are no different from any other club owner. 

11 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Maybe the Board think being relegated is a good plan.

Get rid of all the players on big money, get planning for ground extn but dont build it, raising asset value to make the books look good, build a hotel complex, again making the books look good, sell the lot to someone who knows even less about football. Keep Brendan our 'elite' manager to keep up the pretence that it's actually a football club, not a property development company.

So much wrong with this. The only way our club retains any value is by staying in the premier league - no board would want to relegate a team and then think, oh now would be a good time to flog it. You buy a business based on earnings and multiples - it's not a case of round up the assets and put a price tag on it. It would be very attractive to inestors if we did drop down because they could get it on the cheap!

• Like 1

People talk of Top as if he’s his dad.

Top by comparison has been largely inactive, any progress, developments and tough decisions were made by Vichai

Being the son of a self made billionaire doesn’t necessarily give you the same ability and traits

Susan Whelan runs the club largely, Jon Rudkin the football side.

Rudkin was ridiculed and inept pre the 2015/16 miracle, has he returned to form?

Top has a reputation as a footloose playboy.

Safe to say that if Top had his eye on the ball as Vishal did he wouldn’t fall for Brendan’s continuous BS

• Like 1

Our loyalty was to Vichai. He showed consistent class, commitment and dedication to the club, fans and the community.

Top has showed very little interest or dedication in the past 12 months. I don't necessarily blame him. Its like being handed down a family business that you have little interest in but you want to carry on the legacy. He has us in limbo which isn't right for anyone. If his heart isn't in it, sell up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Matty Piper's done another video:

Thought Piper spoke a lot of sense when initially calling Rodgers out but how can he think he's an elite manager?! He's a good manager but he's been underperforming for 2 years and now completely lost the plot. He's shown he's nowhere near that elite level. 

And even if his logic here is what the board are thinking, inaction is far worse and more damaging than sacking Rodgers and not having a replacement ready to go.

2 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

No, no need. It's exactly what I thought you would say. still, it doesn't stop you from overriding your conscience by going to the matches eh? why only now are people bringing the owner's ethics into the spotlight? Never heard a bloody thing from anyone when we were winning the title and the F.A cup. :dunno:

There have been people that have had concerns with the ownership for a while but as it's been pointed out they've been hounded and shouted down in the past.

Up until the past 6 weeks it was heresy to even breathe or think a bad word about the owners.

Either way we don't support the owners we support the team and the club. Owners come and go so why should people stop going to matches?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

fact of life.

Have to disagree - plenty of millionaire's who don't get good press published, it's usually the bad press printed in the papers. Off the top of my head Martin Lewis, David Attenborough, Warren Buffet, the Patagonia founder (can't remember his name) are all good examples of where being rich doesn't mean your moral compass is in the gutter

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Dames said:

There have been people that have had concerns with the ownership for a while but as it's been pointed out they've been hounded and shouted down in the past.

Up until the past 6 weeks it was heresy to even breathe or think a bad word about the owners.

Either way we don't support the owners we support the team and the club. Owners come and go so why should people stop going to matches?

Because if you feel that strongly about the owner's ethics you should not be giving them your money to go to matches. You should be outside the ground protesting. but I suppose that level of virtue signaling is out of the question eh?

When you look at how many times an email comes out from the club, correcting one they've just sent 10 minutes ago, that to me tells me nobody really cares, and that sort of attitude filters down from the top. His lack of presence around the club will make the employees think they can just half arsedly carry on, we all know it will, its like when we were in school and your teacher was off for the day, you didn't care.

Flying one day visits are not going to do much to to keep people engaged, add in the comment I read on here a few months ago about the club employing staff who are not fans, and its just a recipe for an unarsed workplace where the staff couldn't give 2 shits about what happens to the club, manager and players included.

I understand he has KP to look after, but I've not really seen much of him around that side of the business either, again, just showing his face as and when, then going dark again.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Have to disagree - plenty of millionaire's who don't get good press published, it's usually the bad press printed in the papers. Off the top of my head Martin Lewis, David Attenborough, Warren Buffet, the Patagonia founder (can't remember his name) are all good examples of where being rich doesn't mean your moral compass is in the gutter

I've never met a nice South African or a nice millionaire. to accumulate that kind of money while other fellow human beings need lots of financial help is amoral. A bit like an employee of the BBC who is paid millions from license money while pensioners over eighty are now forced to pay the extortionist license or get prosecuted. nice world ain't it.

10 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Because if you feel that strongly about the owner's ethics you should not be giving them your money to go to matches. You should be outside the ground protesting. but I suppose that level of virtue signaling is out of the question eh?

As far as we know the owners take very little if anything at all out of the club. All of our money goes to the club and its sustainability.

So your argument is null and void. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

When you look at how many times an email comes out from the club, correcting one they've just sent 10 minutes ago, that to me tells me nobody really cares, and that sort of attitude filters down from the top. His lack of presence around the club will make the employees think they can just half arsedly carry on, we all know it will, its like when we were in school and your teacher was off for the day, you didn't care.

Flying one day visits are not going to do much to to keep people engaged, add in the comment I read on here a few months ago about the club employing staff who are not fans, and its just a recipe for an unarsed workplace where the staff couldn't give 2 shits about what happens to the club, manager and players included.

I understand he has KP to look after, but I've not really seen much of him around that side of the business either, again, just showing his face as and when, then going dark again.

Agree to a point it is all over the shop - emails and communication etc. Susan Whelan is the CEO and she should be active and running the club and have a presence - Top is part financier and Chairman. If standards are slipping it falls on Susan Whelans head.

1 hour ago, Dames said:

As far as we know the owners take very little if anything at all out of the club. All of our money goes to the club and its sustainability.

So your argument is null and void. 

No it's not. If you either know or feel the owners are ethically dodgy then it has nothing to do with the money it's to do with your own personal ethics.Personall I don't give two hoots I know it's the way of the world.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Have to agree with this. There were threads pointing towards the way the club is being run but it's hard to really mention any worrying signs when you're basically laughed at because of the success on the pitch. 

This isn't something that's only just been mentioned. We're quite quick to forget the shambles we had with sacking and rehiring Pearson (something ive never seen before) and how despised the owners were universally for the way Ranieri was dismissed. 

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

I've never met a nice South African or a nice millionaire. to accumulate that kind of money while other fellow human beings need lots of financial help is amoral. A bit like an employee of the BBC who is paid millions from license money while pensioners over eighty are now forced to pay the extortionist license or get prosecuted. nice world ain't it.

How many millionaires have you met out of interest? 

You can't base everything in life on your own limited experiences. 

While I'll agree there is more chance a millionaire is less compassionate than the next person, to tarnish them all with the same brush only serves to expose your own narrow minded thinking.

• Like 2